***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

If UF loses to UT, what is your most likely reaction?

• Anger

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Sadness

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Apathy

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This 3 minute clip is awesome. Buttchugging. :lmao2:

tennessee-butchugging-smoky.jpg

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
As many of you know, this game is personal for me. Having lived amongst the mouth breathers for over two decades I share my annual why I hate UT post.

First posted in 2015...

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

22 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a senior this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 22 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that ****ing orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.****ing.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That ****ing song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the highschool games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was thegap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that ****ing song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That ****ing song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.
Oh I feel your pain, only I'm stuck in Alabama so these last year's of mediocrity have been especially painfull. Everywhere I go, I hear that dang Rowl tiahd. At least I can side with the Auburn folks in my hate for Alabama.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hell of an attendance Saturday gators. What was there, 20, 30k fans in the swamp?
About 70K. Plenty of fans were in town who didn’t bother to show up. Granted, it was hotter than the 7th circle of hell, but that didn’t stop the rest of us.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Doering says we’re still gonna get worked on OL, DL and secondary by UT. Says Franks is throwing late to receivers who still can’t separate from man coverage. Says we need to “tweak” the RB rotation - That means more Pierce and Perine. I agree with everything he said.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Doering says we’re still gonna get worked on OL, DL and secondary by UT. Says Franks is throwing late to receivers who still can’t separate from man coverage. Says we need to “tweak” the RB rotation - That means more Pierce and Perine. I agree with everything he said.

It’s not the Wr, it’s inability to read the defense presnap, understand the route combos, anticipate the defensive reaction, read one (sometimes two keys) post snap, understand where your check down receiver will be BEFORE the ball is snapped, and get rid of the ball on time.
Much growth required from this position.
These will lead to sustained drives and more touches.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Frosh Dean held his own and gained valuable experience. Trails too much (with little or no help from safety). And couple of penalties due to uncertainty and youth.
Expect him to improve dramatically over this year and next. Something to watch for, definitely.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
The level of competition notwithstanding, I actually saw Buchanan pancake his guy once on a run up the middle.
If you consider this year his first, meaningful experience, and assume growth from that...well, he’s another one to watch develop over the course of a full season.
Will be interesting to see if he starts communicating any blocking schemes to the other linemen presnap.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
KittenRescue_KittenCareHandbook.jpg

Attachments

• FlashMessage.gif
    FlashMessage.gif
    4 MB · Views: 137

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Understand the desire to rotate DL.
Also understand that more reps leads to faster growth.
Not a big fan of these groupings (but I’m more a fan of bigger DE’s and 4-3...especially against the rum heavy SEC).
Wonder how they would look with Campbell & TJ on the inside, and JZ and Conliffe outside (if JZ understands setting the edge as well as rushing the passer).

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Franks ****s the bed and loses the game for us. I pray to the Almighty that I am wrong, but I just can't see him winning a road game.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How the heck do we have 6 pages already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator