Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
9/24, 3:30 PM. Early line shows UT -4.5, which seems pretty darn low.

Discuss.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
This is the first time that I can remember where I feel like we don’t have much of a chance. I know I am wrong because we can definitely win…..history shows that we beat them many times when we shouldn’t. However, AR is playing so badly that I can’t see us beating a semi competent SEC team. I’m not sure we could beat Vandy right now.

I hope I am wrong and the Gators get the W

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heupel has that hurry up Tennessee offense humming. After the last two games, I just don’t see us hanging in an offensive shoot out with only a competent running game on O. I hope I am wrong, but UT could blow us out. I don’t feel good about this one at all.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I would agree that the pressure is off, since no one in America is going to pick UF to win this game. Maybe that will help us.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
UF is Jekyll and Hyde on defense and our passing is terrible.

UToothless has a fast offense that's looked good on the road.

UToothless at home and the Gators first road trip.

We won't be able to keep pace with thier offense. The defense will struggle because of the fast break, crowd noise and lack of depth.

I think UT gets revenge for being owned for years.

Opening line of UT -4 I take the phat phils without blinking.

hopeless GIF

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does that equate to more points scored? If not, it ain’t helping.
No idea. Maybe AR will actually play better on the road, nothing would surprise me at this point. As far as the defense, getting Miller back will certainly help.

And fellas, let's not discount UT's ability to absolutely eff up this contest and lose games to us they have no business losing - they've done it time after time in the last 30 years.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No idea. Maybe AR will actually play better on the road, nothing would surprise me at this point. As far as the defense, getting Miller back will certainly help.

And fellas, let's not discount UT's ability to absolutely eff up this contest and lose games to us they have no business losing - they've done it time after time in the last 30 years.
Yeah, I know but you just can’t feel good about what we’ve seen the last 2 weeks. It reminds me of the Chump era.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I don't feel good about it. But beating UT would never shock me no matter what the circumstances.

Comparing anything to an "era" after 3 games is ridiculous. Why don't we give the man at least one season before we burn him at the stake?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

Any word on how long Miller is out?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Big Dez has 5 tackles, tied for 4th among our DL players. Not bad considering I highly doubt teams run towards the 400 pound guy as a strategy

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Our best defense is our own running game. Eat up clock by keeping things on the ground.

One or both teams could rack up well over 300 yards rushing. If Miller is still out you can bet UT is looking at a record night if we can’t establish a ground game.

Could be looking at the very worst loss to them since 45-3.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I don't feel good about it. But beating UT would never shock me no matter what the circumstances.

Comparing anything to an "era" after 3 games is ridiculous. Why don't we give the man at least one season before we burn him at the stake?
Just saying that it feels like we’re playing to the level of our competition like we did under Chump. And I’m not burning anyone at the stake. I was pretty pessimistic about this season as we had so many unknowns and so many depth issues. I’m not at all surprised with what we’re seeing and I know it’s gonna take a few years to build the roster before we’re truly able to say we belong in the top 2-3 teams in the SEC.
All that said, it still sucks to be mired in mediocrity.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heupel has that hurry up Tennessee offense humming. After the last two games, I just don’t see us hanging in an offensive shoot out with only a competent running game on O. I hope I am wrong, but UT could blow us out. I don’t feel good about this one at all.
TN has had 2 warmup games this year. One before Pitt and one before us. Great strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.