Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If the defense will play tackle football instead of flag football we might have a chance as long as the offense runs the ball and minimize the passes to the other team

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deliverance GIF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You also said we were going to get assraped by Utah.

And now we're gargling the balls of the Vols? We've hit rock bottom.
I said if the team plays the way they did against ucf they would get destroyed. That's what I said. Coming into the game I picked us to win and even cover which we didn't. You can keep banging the drum about me and others all you want. Doesn't change the facts that you completely hitched your wagon to an unproven and so far it doesn't look great.

You know how coach always comes around wagging his finger and acting as if he's a better fan bc he's more positive about mediocrity? Yeah...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I think he was still non contact last week. Regardless, they aren’t starting him on the road.
If he’s available, do you think Billy will pull AR if he’s stinking the place up again?

I don’t, but maybe I’m just jaded after watching the last two coaches keep trotting the same old shytty qb play out onto the field game after game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If AR starts I hope we mostly abandon the pass and run, run, run. Punt if you have to. It's better to punt than throw ints unless you're throwing it 70 yards down the field which we don't seem to ever even try.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he’s available, do you think Billy will pull AR if he’s stinking the place up again?

I don’t, but maybe I’m just jaded after watching the last two coaches keep trotting the same old shytty qb play out onto the field game after game.
I don’t think we have a healthy QB (other than freshman Max Brown) to replace him. And I don’t think he’s doing it on the road unless AR gets hurt.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Heupel has that hurry up Tennessee offense humming. After the last two games, I just don’t see us hanging in an offensive shoot out with only a competent running game on O. I hope I am wrong, but UT could blow us out. I don’t feel good about this one at all.
I think a competent running game is our only chance. Gives our defense a rest and offsets AR's passing flaws.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Yes Roc
I think a competent running game is our only chance. Gives our defense a rest and offsets AR's passing flaws.

Yes Rocket. This is the way with no serviceable qb and a depleted defense.

Pound. The. Rock.

OL and RBs are our only assets. Use them. Shorten the game by bleeding clock and put the defense out there fewer times so they don’t have to make as many stops.

This is the way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes Roc

Yes Rocket. This is the way with no serviceable qb and a depleted defense.

Pound. The. Rock.

OL and RBs are our only assets. Use them. Shorten the game by bleeding clock and put the defense out there fewer times so they don’t have to make as many stops.

This is the way.
Yes, Absolutely.

I don't think that Napier minds winning ugly. And quite honestly we are going to have to do that. I can tell that he already will try to protect his players. We knew we were going to have issues this year anyway. And for the most part they are young and some lack some confidence, especially AR. I feel that was part of the problem last week. Napier wanted to try and get AR some confidence against supposed lesser opponent. We can tell that was the case on D due to the younger guys playing.

Pound the ball and use play action if we are running it well. With what I saw on TN against Pitt, UF should run the ball quite well. And one thing that would not hurt. If they are spying AR and squatting like the last two weeks, hit them with the speed option. If they do not take AR, he's off to the races. If he has to pitch to ETN or MJjr, they can break it. Not a bad option (yes pun intended) to have.

It could turn out to be a run offense vs. a pass offense track meet. And I can't believe I am going to say this. If this works we must win TIME OF POSSESSION. OMG, for the love of God. :facepalm:

Edit: and one thing to add. Most of these matchups vs. the Viles, the team that wins the rushing battle, wins.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, Absolutely.

I don't think that Napier minds winning ugly. And quite honestly we are going to have to do that. I can tell that he already will try to protect his players. We knew we were going to have issues this year anyway. And for the most part they are young and some lack some confidence, especially AR. I feel that was part of the problem last week. Napier wanted to try and get AR some confidence against supposed lesser opponent. We can tell that was the case on D due to the younger guys playing.

Pound the ball and use play action if we are running it well. With what I saw on TN against Pitt, UF should run the ball quite well. And one thing that would not hurt. If they are spying AR and squatting like the last two weeks, hit them with the speed option. If they do not take AR, he's off to the races. If he has to pitch to ETN or MJjr, they can break it. Not a bad option (yes pun intended) to have.

It could turn out to be a run offense vs. a pass offense track meet. And I can't believe I am going to say this. If this works we must win TIME OF POSSESSION. OMG, for the love of God. :facepalm:

Agree on the Pitt game. QB forces a pass in the end zone that should’ve actually been caught to go up 17-0, instead he tips it, INT, and the vols had life. Richardson can’t do that. If we run the ball the way we should be able to, we can keep their offense off the field and keep them out of rhythm. There’s really no shame in playing ball control, TOP football when it’s necessary in certain cases. We had plenty of those under Spurrier and Meyer, especially early on. It shouldn’t be an identity like WM wanted to make it, but it’s what we have and are right now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We don’t stand a chance in conference if we can’t throw the ball. Every team will load the box and make us beat them through the air. He’s gotta figure out some way to get a passing game going.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I love how glass joe follows me around downvoting all my posts. if joe disagrees with me, then i must be right.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Johnson and ETN better have at least 20 rushes a piece this game.
If they do, we’ll eat up the clock and actually score. One thing for certain is all of CBN’s teams have successfully run the football.
We have two GREAT running backs.
And if we run the ball enough with success, the passing game could improve.
We have the best running attack we have had in a long time. CBN’s scenes account for a lot of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb