Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Maybe it’s the orange and blue goggles, but the closer we get to kickoff, the better I feel about this game.

I think that all of the pressure is on bUTtchug and if we’re able to jump on them early, it’ll take all the air out of the building and calm the crowd down.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The pressure is more on them in this game than it has been since the Spurrier years. They just know they CAN'T lose this game. You won't be able to pull a greased needle out of their buttholes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've taken 16 of the last 17 from them and including a few that we had no business winning. As Ox noted, they play tight against us, which underscores the inferiority complex they have. They don't want to admit it, but they do not think they are our equal. After awhile, it becomes self-fulfilling.

Against that backdrop, this would be the perfect situation to have AR come out aggressive, with even a few downfield tosses in the first few series. But certainly some designed runs. Get him revved up.

I think it's real important for Florida that Richardson gets out to a fast start. Let it all hang out and see what happens. I think we may be pleasantly surprised if we do. And I think Tennessee is deathly afraid it could happen because it usually does. That's the fun of playing the Vols, watching them find new ways to self-destruct.

I just hope I'm not jinxing it by thinking it.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Here’s how Tenn loses. Gators establish a solid run game. Doesn’t have to be spectacular, just productive. That will open the door for some hot routes and quick slants. Relatively easy throws for AR. I understand he’s appeared unable to make those at times but assuming he can. UT secondary are horrible open field tacklers. This will be a problem. But it has to start with a run game. UT linebackers are very fast and good tacklers and the slants won’t work if they aren’t sucked up close to the line of scrimmage.
UT is gonna score points. However just a few key stops by the Gators would be enough in this scenario.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The pressure is more on them in this game than it has been since the Spurrier years. They just know they CAN'T lose this game. You won't be able to pull a greased needle out of their buttholes.
Thanx for the imagery.
Sick Vomit GIF by Originals

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here’s how Tenn loses. Gators establish a solid run game. Doesn’t have to be spectacular, just productive. That will open the door for some hot routes and quick slants. Relatively easy throws for AR. I understand he’s appeared unable to make those at times but assuming he can. UT secondary are horrible open field tacklers. This will be a problem. But it has to start with a run game. UT linebackers are very fast and good tacklers and the slants won’t work if they aren’t sucked up close to the line of scrimmage.
UT is gonna score points. However just a few key stops by the Gators would be enough in this scenario.

1663886449252.gif

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
First posted here Sep 21, 2015. Except for daughter #1 having graduated, and my moving to CO 3+ years ago, pretty much the rest is as true today as ever.
---

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a freshman this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 19 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that f*cking orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.f*cking.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That f*cking song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the high school games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was the gap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that f*cking song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That f*cking song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.
:lol::rotfl::surrender:

A message board masterpiece

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF.
What part of Nashville are you in?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My dear old daddy had a saying, "wish in one hand and chit in the other, which hand gets full first?"

I wish/hope we win but I don't think we will. I would take some solace out of just making it a good, close game.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My dear old daddy had a saying, "wish in one hand and chit in the other, which hand gets full first?"

I wish/hope we win but I don't think we will. I would take some solace out of just making it a good, close game.
You picked us to lose every damn one of the first 3 games too, even USF. Quit while you're behind.

"Taking solace" out of a close loss (especially a rivalry game) should never come from a Gator fan. Ever.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You picked us to lose every damn one of the first 3 games too, even USF. Quit while you're behind.

"Taking solace" out of a close loss should never come from a Gator fan. Ever.
So Ox says, being a Gator fan requires you to give up common sense and intelligence? And heavens sake, no dissenting opinions allowed.

My picks are based on beating the crappy spreads someone puts on the games not on who I think will win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't anyone think it's possible that UT isn't as good as everyone seems to think they are? They have one quality win against Pitt, and had to come from behind to win that one by 7 points. Their other two wins are Ball State and Akron.

They are absolutely ripe for the taking, especially if they think they are going to walk over this "bad" Gator team.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't anything think it's possible that UT isn't as good as everyone seems to think they are? They have one quality win against Pitt, and had to come from behind to win that one by 7 points. Their other two wins are Ball State and Akron.

They are absolutely ripe for the taking, especially if they think they are going to walk over this "bad" Gator team.
It's football, anything can happen. Of course we think its "possible." But you also can't ignore that we are really struggling to do even the most basic of things, like complete a pass. They are playing well as a team and on offense. How about we hold off on beating deuce over the head until after the game? There will be plenty of time to dig up old posts and shame all us bad fans if we win.

:snob:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's football, anything can happen. Of course we think its "possible." But you also can't ignore that we are really struggling to do even the most basic of things, like complete a pass. They are playing well as a team and on offense. How about we hold off on beating deuce over the head until after the game? There will be plenty of time to dig up old posts and shame all us bad fans if we win.

:snob:
Yes It Is Kanye GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb