Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I never asked if I thought it was possible we win, I asked if it was possible UT simply isn't that great. Since you've been bowing at the feet of the Vols all week, it's obvious that you think they are. Have you actually gone as far as wearing a creamsicle orange hat? I say yes.
Untitled.png

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This trash got 2 likes? When did I ever say we should "expect" to win this game? Please show me where.
Fuk that, I expect to win. Where is the huge advantage they hold talent-wise? Wideout, and.....?? We hold some truths to be self evident, and one if them is we own UToothless. The more I think about the point spread, the more I think it's ridiculous. I'm going to go back and hit it again. I already took us on the moneyline at +330.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Doesn't anything think it's possible that UT isn't as good as everyone seems to think they are? They have one quality win against Pitt, and had to come from behind to win that one by 7 points. Their other two wins are Ball State and Akron.

They are absolutely ripe for the taking, especially if they think they are going to walk over this "bad" Gator team.
I agree. Pitt isn’t a quality win either. The only reason anyone thinks they’re good is last year they beat a Tennessee team that finished 7-6, and a struggling Clemson team. Clemson was having a rough stretch where they nearly lost to the likes of GT, Syr, and BC, and had just lost to NC State. Toothless needed overtime to beat their back up quarterback.

I’d feel better about this game if our passing game wasn’t such a mess right now, and if our defense didn’t just get pushed around by USF.

But performance varies from week to week. If UF can win first down on defense, and get UT off the field on third down, the tempo offense backfires. If we then run the ball down their throats, sustaining long ass whooping drives in between short possessions for UT, this thing could snowball on them in a pretty big way. Their defense would be gassed before halftime while ours would stay fresh.

I can see that scenario happening and I’ve learned to never buy into the Tennessee hype machine until they prove it in reality against real competition.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They really are feeling cocky. Be sweet if we find a way. But, go ahead and embrace it now that it will be worse if we lose. Don't wallow, just turn schit off and move on.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fuch Tennessee.
Fuch their stupid dog.
Fuch their ugly ass women.
Fuch their awful uniform colors.
Checkered bullschit looks dumb as fuch.
I hope we go out there and break some fuching necks.

Fuch em

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Fuch Tennessee.
Fuch their stupid dog.
Fuch their ugly ass women.
Fuch their awful uniform colors.
Checkered bullschit looks dumb as fuch.
I hope we go out there and break some fuching necks.

Fuch em
Reading between the lines it appears you're not a big fan of the Vols.
big brother bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't anyone think it's possible that UT isn't as good as everyone seems to think they are? They have one quality win against Pitt, and had to come from behind to win that one by 7 points. Their other two wins are Ball State and Akron.

They are absolutely ripe for the taking, especially if they think they are going to walk over this "bad" Gator team.
I bet Utah would beat Pitt’s azz, no overtime necessary…just saying

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
First posted here Sep 21, 2015. Except for daughter #1 having graduated, and my moving to CO 3+ years ago, pretty much the rest is as true today as ever.
---

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a freshman this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 19 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that f*cking orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.f*cking.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That f*cking song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the high school games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was the gap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that f*cking song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That f*cking song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.
I spent 3 years in grad school earning a master’s degree at Sewanee 2000-2003, in Franklin County - the home region of Johnny Majors and Phil “The Grimace” Fulmer. My experiences track with yours, a couple of added notes.

It’s very gray there most of the fall, all winter and until late spring. A lot of businesses had tanning booths. Haircuts and tanning. Florist and tanning. Tires and tanning. Law office and tanning. I didn’t know it until then but there is a whole industry of lotions that go with tanning, which produce that odd orange hue like you’d see on John Boehner, Trump or a regulation basketball, with no variation in color or tone between the top and underside of their arms, ankles, or behind their ears.

They were everywhere, an army of perfectly orange people with impressively supple skin. They were more orange than that washed out, yellow-orange they claim is “big.”

Being very close to the border, a LOT of Bammers. That surprised me.

And “that song.”

We came back to Florida immediately after graduation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb