Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Again: Year 1

And name a coach since Uban that had our team playing with passion?

Almost every poster to a person said UF was stocked with 3*+ players.

Almost every poster said our D was very thin.

So what do you expect?
Not saying he is the next saban but...saban year 1. I believe bama was a dumpster fire before him too.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
With respect,

Who the %&@# are you?

This is game 4 of a new coach and new season. I almost gave up on UF Football until now.

I for one like what I see. I liked Pell, Hall, SOS, Uban's teams, and now Napier.

But who am I? I'm a football nobody. But I know what I like and see.

I'll say this...This $#!^ gets old. Nothing is good enough for some of y'all
And we had darth vader as our coach last year. And grantham. All of these players had immature coaches last year

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
And we had darth vader as our coach last year. And grantham. All of these players had immature coaches last year
Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Oh the humanity!! No coaching hire guarantees instant wins. Never has and never will. Some of you geniuses that think you can predict what will happen 5 years from now based on 4 games really are either entitled female canines or need to pull your head out of the blender. Look through the list of teams with first year coaches after multiple years of dismal recruiting then look at teams with 3rd or 4th year coaches that have begun the process of rebuilding. There is a big difference in their performance and success. Be a decent Gator fan and quit crying like entitled beaches. Napier has taken the first step of beginning to build an adequate support staff and has shown promise in recruiting.

Fine!! Disagree with play calling, game management, etc. I don't agree with everything either but at some point at least try to do an objective analysis of the past, present and future!! Show some dignity and quit crying. Napier is starting from scratch just like Pell following the Dickey Disaster. But really, all of the adolescent fits are terribly embarrassing as a long time Gator fan.
You do realize that the people that you are talking to are hardwired for negativity and incapable of reasoned analysis?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
They say the opposite of love isn't hate... but apathy. From my own personal experience (not speaking for anyone else here) Tennessee has the WORST fans in America. I've experienced so much crap from those inbred a-holes throughout my life that my hatred is second only to nd. Any yet...

I didn't even watch. There was a time when I could run through a damn brick wall during Tennessee week ... and I didn't even even watch today.

Not only that, but a loss would not only ruin my day, it'd decimate my week. Now...

It's ‍:dunno:

13 years of crap has created this apathy in me. With each passing year, I have zero faith it will ever return.

If you aren't willing watch the game, why spend time on the forum?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I mean...I thought i was the most negative poster on the board. I need to step up my game

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’m no pumper, but I feel better about the program after this loss than I did after last week’s win. Sure, our defense was terrible, and Napier made some questionable decisions, but I saw a confident AR15 who ran with authority, made some great throws, and kept us in a game that we were expected to to lose by double digits. This season was never going to be great, but if recruiting keeps going as it’s been going then the future is bright.

Go Gators!

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier took the blame for this loss. He said it falls on him.

Not the crowd noise, not the refs, not the players.

He said it was execution and that's coaching. It's coaching and that's ultimately on him.

When's the last time you've heard accountability like that?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’m no pumper, but I feel better about the program after this loss than I did after last week’s win. Sure, our defense was terrible, and Napier made some questionable decisions, but I saw a confident AR15 who ran with authority, made some great throws, and kept us in a game that we were expected to to lose by double digits. This season was never going to be great, but if recruiting keeps going as it’s been going then the future is bright.

Go Gators!

The next 2 games, probably 3 actually, should be a field day for AR. I just hope he plays as loose as he did today. You could tell he didn't feel the pressure today, because he didn't have those lofty expectations. Hopefully he builds on this performance.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida had 10 offensive drives and every one ended in UT territory. 1 put from UT 49. AR seemed to have gotten out of his funk. I hate the Int at the end for him. Hopefully this wkes up our offense for the rest of the season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I stated in Cover's thread that if many of us were given 2-2 we'd take it. Many knew at the beginning of the season that we were'nt going to have issues, you'd be kidding. I re-gauged my expectations after Utah to come right back to reality.

I can question some of his calls but I do like what I see. Guts, determination, and damn sure does not panic. But hell yeah we have to fix some things on D especially. And who da hell would have thought AR would throw for 453 yards. And Yeah, Napier is calling the plays. We still have a lot to fix, and I think this guy and get some of that done. Definitely not ready to pull the trigger, criticize, or bash. But today, Again I saw a team that did not panic, shyt the bed after a lost fumble, a coach with the ability to keep them going when down late in the game, and so on. And we did not get embarrassed. Hell TN didn't even cover the spread.

We knew this was going to be a long rebuild. And we're very early in it.

Proud of the team today...Time to move to the next game.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to get our ass kicked
A lot this season . We can’t stop anybody .

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You are probably right.
But it is what it is until next year.
So either watch the team develop or change the channel.

Have you ever heard..."In all kinds of weather"...?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I stated in Cover's thread that if many of us were given 2-2 we'd take it. Many knew at the beginning of the season that we were'nt going to have issues, you'd be kidding. I re-gauged my expectations after Utah to come right back to reality.

I can question some of his calls but I do like what I see. Guts, determination, and damn sure does not panic. But hell yeah we have to fix some things on D especially. And who da hell would have thought AR would throw for 453 yards. And Yeah, Napier is calling the plays. We still have a lot to fix, and I think this guy and get some of that done. Definitely not ready to pull the trigger, criticize, or bash. But today, Again I saw a team that did not panic, shyt the bed after a lost fumble, a coach with the ability to keep them going when down late in the game, and so on. And we did not get embarrassed. Hell TN didn't even cover the spread.

*Raises hand* I'm not surprised at all. I've been on his wagon all year. We saw the real AR in the Utah game and this one. Really don't get why so many are shocked at his performance

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

winner champ GIF

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Not comparing this team to 2007 because the defense was really young but full of stars... but we couldn't stop anyone then either. Theres not a lot of talent on this defense, but like that 2007 team with AR we can outscore some teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator