Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not comparing this team to 2007 because the defense was really young but full of stars... but we couldn't stop anyone then either. Theres not a lot of talent on this defense, but like that 2007 team with AR we can outscore some teams.
Very good comparison

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We are going to get our ass kicked
A lot this season . We can’t stop anybody .
I agree, and I can't understand why we won't just turn to younger player on defense and let them get experience. Might as well play for next year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, and I can't understand why we won't just turn to younger player on defense and let them get experience. Might as well play for next year.
Trey dean stinks and shouldn’t have even been welcomed back . I had hopes formToney but running Trey dean out there constantly is so foolish it’s hard to even believe . He’s that bad . Especially at a position where we have bodies at safety.

On another note why can’t we teach Diwun Black a position . The one handed stab on the onside kick is greater than anything dean has done in five fu Kong years . So frustrating

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

There’s a fine balance between playing for next year and still putting a winning record on the field this year. If he was ok losing to set up next year, I’d be alarmed. You have to do what is needed to try and win, while doing things to get ready for 2023. Even RFN didn’t start in the early stages of 2005. Our experience guys will miss a few tackles and give up 10-15 yard gains. But if a younger guy misses a read entirely, it’s not 10 to 15 yards, it’s a touchdown. I actually like what he’s doing with the roster.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There’s a fine balance between playing for next year and still putting a winning record on the field this year. If he was ok losing to set up next year, I’d be alarmed. You have to do what is needed to try and win, while doing things to get ready for 2023. Even RFN didn’t start in the early stages of 2005. Our experience guys will miss a few tackles and give up 10-15 yard gains. But if a younger guy misses a read entirely, it’s not 10 to 15 yards, it’s a touchdown. I actually like what he’s doing with the roster.

Yeah, your right, it just gets frustrating seeing guys out there that you know won't improve and will continue to make the same mistakes they've made for years.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
If you aren't willing watch the game, why spend time on the forum?
Fair enough. I rarely am on the board anymore. I mean I'll be a Gator until I die. But still...

Let me be me. And you be you.

I'd also add that when one struggles with depression, and something that used to bring him joy instead brings heartache or indifference (Gator football), when I believe in my heart of hearts we will lose, I choose not to watch and put myself through it. And in this case (as is nearly always the case), I wasn't wrong.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gators lose by 5. And, if Napier had only kicked a field goal on the opening drive and then kicked extra points instead of going for 2, the game would have been tied with 17 seconds left in the game. The focus of this loss will rightfully be on the atrocious defense. But, this is yet another game where Napier has made very questionable "go for it" decisions during the game. We can sit back and tell ourselves that the roster will get better. But, will Napier's coaching?

Very true. Compounding the problem is the first field goal we should have attempted, where we went for it on 4th down, would have been about a 37 yarder, which would have been a good opportunity to get our FG kicker some confidence in a hostile environment as it was a relatively short field goal. Napier really did a shytty job coaching today.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we did that, many of our posters would have their head's explode!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve got to be kidding me.
Dean is worse than Kyle Jackson. That isn’t hyperbole , the man is terrible and simply not capable of being a good player in division one college football. We have mcmillon,
Collier , Kamari among other high profile players at safety and our safeties coach and
Wonder kid DC continues to trout our blown coverages dean whose not capable of making any play whatsoever. Trey dean doesn’t know $hit about f uck .

This is a blend of Muschamp and Mcelwain .
We paid for caviar and we are getting chicken fingers . **** this staff

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do we not have a post game presser in away games? I'd love to know what Coach is thinking right now.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
On the brightside of things....if UT thinks they are going places with that defense they are in for a rude awakening as well.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Dean is worse than Kyle Jackson. That isn’t hyperbole , the man is terrible and simply not capable of being a good player in division one college football. We have mcmillon,
Collier , Kamari among other high profile players at safety and our safeties coach and
Wonder kid DC continues to trout our blown coverages dean whose not capable of making any play whatsoever. Trey dean doesn’t know $hit about f uck .

good lord. absolutely zero perspective

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Well, I value your opinion, so I hate seeing you off the bandwagon so quickly. I do agree that we have Safetys and could experiment there. I just don’t like the idea of mortgaging an entire season to set up next year. That has a WM feel to it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I value your opinion, so I hate seeing you off the bandwagon so quickly. I do agree that we have Safetys and could experiment there. I just don’t like the idea of mortgaging an entire season to set up next year. That has a WM feel to it.
It’s gonna be a long year man . Shemar and scooby need to play . And literally anyone else at the safety spot next to Torrence . No one can honestly argue our talent as a whole is being optimized when Diwun literally never plays only to give us a chance at the end with that one handed stab .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s gonna be a long year man . Shemar and scooby need to play . And literally anyone else at the safety spot next to Torrence . No one can honestly argue our talent as a whole is being optimized when Diwun literally never plays only to give us a chance at the end with that one handed stab .

The concern that I have is that all of the guys outside of Wilson are just more of the same Mullen nonsense. So as much as I hate to throw in the towel on Wilcoxson, Collier, Black and the others, I feel like I’m just going to see a repeat of the Dean/Cox show.

We still have 50%(7 of 14) of the TDs this season being scored by Napier’s guys.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The concern that I have is that all of the guys outside of Wilson are just more of the same Mullen nonsense. So as much as I hate to throw in the towel on Wilcoxson, Collier, Black and the others, I feel like I’m just going to see a repeat of the Dean/Cox show.

We still have 50%(7 of 14) of the TDs this season being scored by Napier’s guys.
While that is a valid concern, dean and Burney are terrible . It looks like Mcclean number 7 and Boone 12 are young studs . Could have a guy like collier like that only on the back end . And it’s easier to play as a freshmen earlier there than up front . Black would be an immediate upgrade on Burney or Dean. Then again anyone is better than dean .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb