Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You have two posts in the score prediction thread, neither of which provided a prediction. From this, combined with your other posts, I assess (like you assess talent and coaches) you as follows:
  1. You are a ballless fuk.
  2. You have never been in a position of authority/decision making under sustained pressure/stress.
And actually, that's me being redundant... #1 encapsulates #2... you're just a ballless fuk.

What in fuk’s name are you talking about jerkoff?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So you admit, either time, it doesn't really matter.
Thanks for playing

No, it’s you who “admitted” that, not me. In addition to being short, it’s clear you’re also dumb.

Let me explain this one more time (and for the last time) in a way I hope the mentally challenged on here can understand.

Napier going for 2 down 38-27 was not a way to ensure the game ended in regulation. What he did by going for 2 at that point is he left himself an out to get the game to overtime if his first 2 point attempt failed. 38-27 (missed 2 pt conversion), kick a FG, it’s 38-30, score a TD & make the 2 pt conversion, it’s now 38-38, tie game & go to overtime.

Instead, 38-27, kick the PAT, it’s 38-28, kick a FG, it’s 38-31, score a TD, it’s 38-37, you go for 2, you either don’t convert & lose 38-37, or you convert & win 39-38.

It’s actually the opposite of what the uniformed idiots, even the short ones, on this board are saying. Listen to what Napier says about this play and tell me he doesn’t tell you his logic was to leave his team a chance to still get the game to OT if his first 2 pt attempt failed. I’ll wait.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Has it occurred to you armchair coaches that our field goal kicker is less reliable than going for it on 4th and less than 3? I always wanted a team that didn't have a punter or field goal kicker. Make the offense get first downs.
That would be true when we went for it from our 37 yard line. A 70+ yard FG isn't viable. However, Mihalek is 3 for 3 in FG's this season with a long of 50 yards so he may have been a better option on our first drive of the game when we failed on 4th and 2. I think you may need to get your facts straight from the comfort of your armchair Coach B52.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier going for 2 down 38-27 was not a way to ensure the game ended in regulation. What he did by going for 2 at that point is he left himself an out to get the game to overtime if his first 2 point attempt failed.

He went for two to ensure he'd have two chances to go to OT. Now I really have a headache.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I was very clear. Either English is not your first language or you are retarded, possibly both. Life's tough when one is retarded, English is not ones first language, and one is ballless... Actually, being in Georgia, you probably fit right in.

1) I have more than 2 posts in the predictions thread this season and have made a score prediction when I saw fit…counting doesn’t seem to be your strong suit 2) I predicted UT to win 34-20 on Friday afternoon & 3) I’m not sure what the hell posting or not posting in the prediction thread has to do with posting in the game thread. Is there a rule that says this isn’t allowed? Clue me in on this genius.

You sound butt hurt. Are you one of those dumbfux that predicted before the season that we’d go 10-2? Wouldn’t surprise me-anybody retarded enough to live in a shythole like Detroit can’t be too smart.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, it’s you who “admitted” that, not me. In addition to being short, it’s clear you’re also dumb.

Let me explain this one more time (and for the last time) in a way I hope the mentally challenged on here can understand.

Napier going for 2 down 38-27 was not a way to ensure the game ended in regulation. What he did by going for 2 at that point is he left himself an out to get the game to overtime if his first 2 point attempt failed. 38-27 (missed 2 pt conversion), kick a FG, it’s 38-30, score a TD & make the 2 pt conversion, it’s now 38-38, tie game & go to overtime.

Instead, 38-27, kick the PAT, it’s 38-28, kick a FG, it’s 38-31, score a TD, it’s 38-37, you go for 2, you either don’t convert & lose 38-37, or you convert & win 39-38.

It’s actually the opposite of what the uniformed idiots, even the short ones, on this board are saying. Listen to what Napier says about this play and tell me he doesn’t tell you his logic was to leave his team a chance to still get the game to OT if his first 2 pt attempt failed. I’ll wait.
I like how you say the same thing but in a different order but still think you're saying something. :heehee:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, no shyt. Tell me something I don’t know.

Agree with the premise, disagree with the execution. It wasn't, as you said, that he wasn't seeking to end it in regulation. He obviously was. He just figured a second TD would give him a chance to bail himself out.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
That would be true when we went for it from our 37 yard line. A 70+ yard FG isn't viable. However, Mihalek is 3 for 3 in FG's this season with a long of 50 yards so he may have been a better option on our first drive of the game when we failed on 4th and 2. I think you may need to get your facts straight from the comfort of your armchair Coach B52.
did i not see him miss one saturday? i could be wrong, i was at dinner with my kids and sneaking peaks on my phone.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Going for 2 not going for 2, y'all are judging a HC on that?
Try this:
What was UF like under Cousin Eddie and Grantham?
What was the D like?
We have played 4 games...3 ranked teams. One of the toughest schedules in CFB
Can y'all see the progress this team has made?
Again: 1st season, new system, new coaches, lacking depth, lacking talent.

Y'all can't see it? Huge yards, few penalties, the team & coach played their hearts out till the end.

All that other $#!^ can be corrected. The HC has character and the team has heart. When is the last time we had that?

And y'all wonder why Cover2 bailed?

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
did i not see him miss one saturday? i could be wrong, i was at dinner with my kids and sneaking peaks on my phone.
My bad he did miss one from 50 in the first qtr. Doesn't change the reality that on the first drive we could have taken a 3-0 lead but instead went for it on fourth and 2 and failed. I'm not against gambling at times, especially considering Napier and staff knew the D could not stop UT. The difference in my mind early in the game UT was going to get the ball and I would prefer to give it to them with lead in hand.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My bad he did miss one from 50 in the first qtr. Doesn't change the reality that on the first drive we could have taken a 3-0 lead but instead went for it on fourth and 2 and failed. I'm not against gambling at times, especially considering Napier and staff knew the D could not stop UT. The difference in my mind early in the game UT was going to get the ball and I would prefer to give it to them with lead in hand.

Did you ever think Napier did not want to exchange 3's for Vol 7's?

We hated the Zooker because he always played the odds (NFL style). He sat on leads and took the easy money and got burned.

Now we get a coach who is playing "balls out" and are not happy.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Did you ever think Napier did not want to exchange 3's for Vol 7's?

We hated the Zooker because he always played the odds (NFL style). He sat on leads and took the easy money and got burned.

Now we get a coach who is playing "balls out" and are not happy.
Please pay attention. I did not say I was not happy with us going for it on fourth down or being aggressive on the offense. I was responding to B52 who said "our field goal kicker is less reliable than going for it on 4th and less than 3". That comment is wrong and I pointed it out to him. Do you think Napier would have liked to have the early FG on the scoreboard by the end of the game. I bet all the scared money he would.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Please pay attention. I did not say I was not happy with us going for it on fourth down or being aggressive on the offense. I was responding to B52 who said "our field goal kicker is less reliable than going for it on 4th and less than 3". That comment is wrong and I pointed it out to him. Do you think Napier would have liked to have the early FG on the scoreboard by the end of the game. I bet all the scared money he would.

No you please pay attention. I'm saying this is year 1 with a team that has been poorly coached for years and has no depth.
And we are still playing with passion...sloppy but passion.

IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
No you please pay attention. I'm saying this is year 1 with a team that has been poorly coached for years and has no depth.
And we are still playing with passion...sloppy but passion.

IT DOES NOT MATTER.
Good god, then let's not keep score this season sense it doesn't matter Obi Wan!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Going for 2 not going for 2, y'all are judging a HC on that?
Try this:
What was UF like under Cousin Eddie and Grantham?
What was the D like?
We have played 4 games...3 ranked teams. One of the toughest schedules in CFB
Can y'all see the progress this team has made?
Again: 1st season, new system, new coaches, lacking depth, lacking talent.

Y'all can't see it? Huge yards, few penalties, the team & coach played their hearts out to the end.

All that other $#!^ can be corrected. The HC has character and the team has heart. When is the last time we had that?

And y'all wonder why Cover2 bailed?
Oh, Mullen, Mac, and Muschamp were characters for sure :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.