Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who da Hell knows where he got his chart from. Pretty sure he didn't grab one from the NFL. Have no problem with it at all. He had a plan, stuck to it, and damn near won the game. A loss is a loss and no moral victories here. But all the coaches since Meyer shyt the bed, panic, and change (go conservative or give up) their plan. This guy knows he has a defense and couldn't stop them, so he planned to try and keep UT's offense off the field as much as possible.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier knew he had to score 2X
UT was averaging 4+ points per possession EVERY possession
That's why he wasn't kicking FGs
So if you must score 2 (1X) and you have 2X to make it at 40-50% each? 64 -75%
OT favored UT

It's clear Napier ain't Zooker and he ain't Cousin Eddie. This was more SOS

But this is Chatter where some can never be pleased. What is sad, Chatter is better than TOS.

In all kinds of weather. Kind of apropos with IAN 50 miles off my ole stomping grounds.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Exactly right. I wasn't going to bother, but in the NFL the 2 pt conversion completion rate is around 49% so close to the 50 that has been quoted here. It's closer to 40% in college. Also in the NFL extra points have been kicked from the 15 yard line for the last 3-4 seasons making it a 33 yard kick, dropping the chance of making it from 99% to 94%., so an NFL table isn't applicable to college game. But even in the pros, it's at best a 50/50 prop to go for 2 when down 11.

Absolutely correct. And, in the NFL, the 2 point conversion attempt is from the 2 yard line. In college, it’s from the 3 yard line, which is another important difference.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’m not sure if you realize this but that chart is based on NFL statistics which makes it completely useless for the college game. Hopefully somebody clues BN to this fact.
Wow. I bet they didn't know that. I'm sure Nape just googled it on his phone and went with first result. Probably didn't research anything about what he's basing his coaching philosophy on. But, man you really saved us on that one. I'll be sure to let Napier know. You're a frickin genius.
:jerkit:

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I know we don't have any Tennessee fans here, but over the years, I have enjoyed watching BigVOLDaddy rant over Tennessee's football program and their problems. This year they are undefeated (so far), so I thought I would check on him to see what he is saying. He has had some serious medical problems. Almost died several times, apparently.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know we don't have any Tennessee fans here, but over the years, I have enjoyed watching BigVOLDaddy rant over Tennessee's football program and their problems. This year they are undefeated (so far), so I thought I would check on him to see what he is saying. He has had some serious medical problems. Almost died several times, apparently.

Really? That’s terrible and totally out of left field. He always seemed like a healthy guy from those videos he posts. A real black coffee and grapefruit type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb