Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So even though I predicted a win for the good guys, I'm on the list of those who predicted a loss because I said it would be a close game?
Animated GIF
Yes. The assertion it will even be close is really just as bad as predicting a loss.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. The assertion it will even be close is really just as bad as predicting a loss.
In that case, you should change the terms of the banning. If UF only wins by 3, I'm still correct, but get a 6-day ban. That doesn't make sense.

You should start counting the points/day after a full touchdown lead. So if UF wins by 7 or less, no ban. But an 8 point win is 2 day, and so on.

Surely, you can see how that's more fair.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
In that case, you should change the terms of the banning. If UF only wins by 3, I'm still correct, but get a 6-day ban. That doesn't make sense.

You should start counting the points/day after a full touchdown lead. So if UF wins by 7 or less, no ban. But an 8 point win is 2 day, and so on.

Surely, you can see how that's more fair.

You're lucky if ox doesn't ban you for questioning his banning methodology.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I would love the free education provided by your “lifestyle adjustment camp”, I picked UF to win: see post 193.
You claimed it "wasn't going to be a cake walk". That puts you on the list, because it is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WTF, I never went on record predicting a loss to the Utes. I merely liked a post.
Yeah, you liked a post that said UF was going to get their asses kicked. Sounds like a prediction of a loss to me - on the record, no less.

You are now on the 5-days per point list for this cringe-worthy argument.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see Gator O plays like those boxing matches with the victim staggering backward trying to stay up.
OL opening lanes that Gator RBs flash through for 10+ yards. Then AR gashingly executing QB sweeps off RPOs. We should see AR hitting WRs & TEs in full-speed strides for chunks of gains.
Why? = We (or they) don't have a Grantham-trained D. Every Gator tackler knows to wrap up: full concentration.
The Nap-D will disallow Utah's O long-drive TOP, i.e. AR gets more plays = more TD drives for Gators. No Grantham mis-indoctrination from practices to games.

Instead of just having a few Utah game films to attack, Nap's got all those '21 Gator games to teach from.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Since Diabate is now gatorbait, I’d like to see him get pancaked by the OL several times and bowled over by our RBs a half dozen times or so. (Have I ever mentioned I have a thing about loyalty?)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since Diabate is now gatorbait, I’d like to see him get pancaked by the OL several times and bowled over by our RBs a half dozen times or so. (Have I ever mentioned I have a thing about loyalty?)
Yes, Diabetus needs to be pancaked by none other than O'cyrus Torrence.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to clarify that list of posters who have gone on record predicting a Utah loss. For each one of these people, they will get vacations depending on the margin of victory. For each point UF wins by, they get two days off. Durty and NV are the worse of the lot, so I've upped it to 5 days off per point in the case of those two.

Here's the list of haters:

@Durty South Swamp
@NVGator
@GatorBart
@Back Alley Gator
@Gatorraid81
@lagator
@MissouriGator
@UtahG8r
@Gulfstream
@digitalwangsta
@GatorJB
@MJMGator
@lizardbreath
@gatorev12
@Alumni Guy
@BostonGator84
Make one post that states if the same team from the ucf game plays against Utah we get destroyed and I'm the worst.

:dance:

I stand by that statement. And your 3 or 6 month ban!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see a game like Alabama last year. We play em tough...then the 25-30 year old male mormons....well wear our thin but over achieving defense down...and a then tough fought loss.
Embarrassing.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Oh yeah? Well if UF plays the same way they did in the January 2, 1997 NC game against FSU then Utah will get destroyed.

The difference there is that one game was our last game with many of the same players 7 months ago; the other was 25 years ago when most of the guys on this team hadn't even been born yet.

For the record: I think Durty's off-base by pointing to the UCF game as something we should factor in. None of the coaches gave a damn and many players didn't either. None of that will apply to our game on Sept 3.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I just want to clarify that list of posters who have gone on record predicting a Utah loss. For each one of these people, they will get vacations depending on the margin of victory. For each point UF wins by, they get two days off. Durty and NV are the worse of the lot, so I've upped it to 5 days off per point in the case of those two.

Here's the list of haters:

@Durty South Swamp
@NVGator
@GatorBart
@Back Alley Gator
@Gatorraid81
@lagator
@MissouriGator
@UtahG8r
@Gulfstream
@digitalwangsta
@GatorJB
@MJMGator
@lizardbreath
@gatorev12
@Alumni Guy
@BostonGator84

giphy.gif
I predicted that Utah would open a slight favorite going into the game. I was wrong, but that initial line flipped in short order - as I suspect you are already aware. But TBH, after taking a look at their roster/recruiting, I expect UF to win by about 7-14 points. FTR, according to rivals, they've landed a grand total of 13 four-star recruits over the last four classes combined, with an average player ranking of 3035. I think 24/7 gave them a total of 15 during that period - which is still really bad. I understand that good teams often exceed the sum total of their parts, but talent-wise, I believe we are significantly better than they are. Throw in 90,000 drunk, raucous, hyped-up Gator fans, plus the near sea-level heat and humidity they'll be dealing with, and I really like our chances in the opener. But that's just me being a big fat Gator homer again.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Please tell me that this was a weak attempt at humor and that you do realize that The University of Utah is not a Mormon school and that everyone in Utah isn’t a Mormon.
I thought it was a clever double entendre. :dunno:

BYU and University of Utah aren't the same but, there are a lot of Mormons in that state.
Screenshot_20220724-204424_Google.jpg
Great snow skiing near SLC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 46323
I predicted that Utah would open a slight favorite going into the game. I was wrong, but that initial line flipped in short order - as I suspect you are already aware. But TBH, after taking a look at their roster/recruiting, I expect UF to win by about 7-14 points. FTR, according to rivals, they've landed a grand total of 13 four-star recruits over the last four classes combined, with an average player ranking of 3035. I think 24/7 gave them a total of 15 during that period - which is still really bad. I understand that good teams often exceed the sum total of their parts, but talent-wise, I believe we are significantly better than they are. Throw in 90,000 drunk, raucous, hyped-up Gator fans, plus the near sea-level heat and humidity they'll be dealing with, and I really like our chances in the opener. But that's just me being a big fat Gator homer again.
Too late, you're looking at an extensive ban after the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.