This thread is retarded.

1860355728-Robert-Downey-Jr_-Tropic-Thunder-You-Never-Go-Full-Retard-Meme.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not even sure there's a huge difference with sale. There was more pass attempts this year and only about 115 less yards in the air.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Easily the worst post you’ve ever made. Suddenly Utah are world beaters? This crappy UF team nearly beat Bama at home this year, largely due to the crowd. UF still has far more talent than this Utah squad and I’m confident will wipe the floor with them.

I know we’re beaten down, but acting like a team like Utah has a ton more talent and is going to roll into a roaring Swamp on the opening of a new era and crush us is nothing but battered fan syndrome.

The Swamp is going to be CRAZY that day. Utah won’t be able to hear a damn thing. Their hideous defense will be coming with them as well. This UF team is back. From day effing one.

Go to a battered fan rehab center.
Let's dissect your comments.

1) Nowhere did I say Utah has more talent. I didn't even even mention Utah and talent at all. I said they are a top 10 team, and they are. They proved it this year and tonight.

2) I said we are low on talent and depth, also a true statement. Crootin was horrific under mullen. Why now that he's gone do we pretend otherwise? Our roster may be the worst it's been in my lifetime. Do we have more raw talent than Utah? It's a good question, maybe. But regardless of what we have, they haven't been developed and have looked and played like crap for a long time. Utah seems to be getting the most out of theirs.

3) I believe I'm allowed to have an opinion about our chances in game 1 under a new coach against a team that will almost certainly be ranked high. Saying I think we are gonna get whipped isn't an indictment on Napier.

4) Why are you so pissy lately?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We’re Fuchsed
first few games of the next season mean nothing imo. I think 6-8 wins is what we ought to expect if he is employing the Saban model which is certainly what it seems like. Nick went 6-6 his first year at Bama and then undefeated heading to Atlanta to face us in year 2. The process model isn't a quick fix but it's the strongest and most sustainable one once established. We could get some fools gold in year 1 from other guys out there but it would likely end up not much different than Mac and mullen. Org needs a full tear down and rebuild. Apparently this mindset makes me a hater and a battered fan :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's dissect your comments.

1) Nowhere did I say Utah has more talent. I didn't even even mention Utah and talent at all. I said they are a top 10 team, and they are. They proved it this year and tonight.

2) I said we are low on talent and depth, also a true statement. Crootin was horrific under mullen. Why now that he's gone do we pretend otherwise? Our roster may be the worst it's been in my lifetime. Do we have more raw talent than Utah? It's a good question, maybe. But regardless of what we have, they haven't been developed and have looked and played like crap for a long time. Utah seems to be getting the most out of theirs.

3) I believe I'm allowed to have an opinion about our chances in game 1 under a new coach against a team that will almost certainly be ranked high. Saying I think we are gonna get whipped isn't an indictment on Napier.

4) Why are you so pissy lately?
1) A top 10 team in that garbage conference means nothing. They ain’t going to be top 10 in 2022.
2) We have talent in the starting positions, but not with depth. However, I make that statement compared to the UGA’s and Bama’s, not the Utah’s. We have more than enough for Utah.
3) You are allowed that opinion, I’m allowed my opinion on your opinion.
4) This is the least pissy I’ve been about UF football since Tebow left. I wish some of you would allow yourselves some optimism, that’s all. The Bama game this year showed what a huge home field advantage UF can still have. The crowds are going to be rocking next year. We may even have students show up again.

Bonus: If AR15 shows any of the promise we think he has, this Gator team could actually be good. He has to work hard and stay healthy. He could light up the scoreboard against a horrible defense like Utah’s.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Easily the worst post you’ve ever made. Suddenly Utah are world beaters? This crappy UF team nearly beat Bama at home this year, largely due to the crowd. UF still has far more talent than this Utah squad and I’m confident will wipe the floor with them.

I know we’re beaten down, but acting like a team like Utah has a ton more talent and is going to roll into a roaring Swamp on the opening of a new era and crush us is nothing but battered fan syndrome.

The Swamp is going to be CRAZY that day. Utah won’t be able to hear a damn thing. Their hideous defense will be coming with them as well. This UF team is back. From day effing one.

Go to a battered fan rehab center.

I’m still trying to figure out how his garbage got a like. Two actually.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
first few games of the next season mean nothing imo. I think 6-8 wins is what we ought to expect if he is employing the Saban model which is certainly what it seems like. Nick went 6-6 his first year at Bama and then undefeated heading to Atlanta to face us in year 2. The process model isn't a quick fix but it's the strongest and most sustainable one once established. We could get some fools gold in year 1 from other guys out there but it would likely end up not much different than Mac and mullen. Org needs a full tear down and rebuild. Apparently this mindset makes me a hater and a battered fan :lol:
If we go 6-6 with the crap schedule we’re facing next year Napier should be fired. We managed six wins this year with a team that quit. Eight wins would be the floor, even in his first year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be a huge game and an amped up team.
New staff
AR 15
It'll be hotter that Fuchs.

I have already penciled this trip in. I'll be there sweatin' my azz off with you all. I like our chances.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If we go 6-6 with the crap schedule we’re facing next year Napier should be fired. We managed six wins this year with a team that quit. Eight wins would be the floor, even in his first year.
Be realistic. 6-6 and BN should be fired?

I'm OK with 6-6 as long as he beats the leghumpers, has a top 5 (ish) ESD and the team shows discipline, toughness and the ability to tackle/block CONSISTENTLY.

The season record isn't as important as the quality of the overall PROGRAM.

Expectations for 2023 will (imo) include W-L.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Great post.
I'm looking forward to NSD and the O&B game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's an intriguing game, and regardless of who wins, I think it'll be a close one. Utah will likely be the favorite since they will start the season in the top 10 or 15, and they have a proven starter at QB. As Itraz as stated, we'll be a difficult team to prepare for, so that plus home field advantage will certainly give us a boost. I also think AR is the real deal and will make us better than most people suspect.

The biggest unknown factors for UF are 1) how well will the players learn the new playbook and improve their fundamentals in spring/fall practices, and 2) who will they get via the portal and recruiting to beef up the roster? UF has a lot of work to do in the next few months to improve enough to win this game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Be realistic. 6-6 and BN should be fired?

I'm OK with 6-6 as long as he beats the leghumpers, has a top 5 (ish) ESD and the team shows discipline, toughness and the ability to tackle/block CONSISTENTLY.

The season record isn't as important as the quality of the overall PROGRAM.

Expectations for 2023 will (imo) include W-L.
I was never a fan of the hire and in my opinion Napier should be on a short leash.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt the Oregon/UGA game and Notre Dame at Ohio State games are going to get prime time love.

That ups our chances at having a noon or 3:30 kick, which would swing the pendulum our way big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator