Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Any of our football junkies watching Utah? I’ve not seen them at all this season, but am taking advantage of them playing a game at a decent hour to see what we’ll face in game 1.

Also OSU LB Steele Chambers (#22) is a HS classmate of my kids. Had a chance to talk to him once; nice polite kid.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No.

As for Chambers, just exactly what are you saying... that he was articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy? Was it storybook, man?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No.

As for Chambers, just exactly what are you saying... that he was articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy? Was it storybook, man?
And next September in the thread for game 1, you’ll be that guy saying, “Can anyone tell me about our opponent? I know nothing about them.” Very disappointing for a graduate of an elite institution.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No.

Exactly.

Actually, so many of these HS superstars come across as arrogant and entitled. He didn’t. My son runs into him occasionally and says he hasn’t changed a bit.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Watching, but I’m not much of a scout. They have a couple of big play makers who I think are heading for the nfl or graduation. They might take a slight step back(?).

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
figures we'd pick a normal middle of the pack PAC-12 team to schedule for our PAC-12 home & home, and lo and behold, they won the PAC-12 .

looking like a nice warmup game before we start tearing it up on the SEC schedule, Boots to the Utes

Go Gators

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Utah is the best team in the west. Smoked Oregon both times they played. They’re stingy on D (for Pac12) and have a serious power running game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Would rather play a real team any time rather than some Division 14 school that we rout, look terrible in doing so, and listen to our below average fan base bloviate how great we are going to be, only to be brought back to reality week after week and a 7-5, 8-4 heap of non fundamental BS. At least you will know early on if you are way behind the contenders and by how far? you don;t get better playing Sam Ford just to score 70 and give up 60!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Watching, but I’m not much of a scout. They have a couple of Leo players who I think are heading for the nfl or graduation. They might take a slight step back(?).
Hopefully because if they are as good as this year it's probably a loss. They started the season slow with a couple of early head-scratching losses so that could help if they are slow out of the gate again next year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hopefully because if they are as good as this year it's probably a loss. They started the season slow with a couple of early head-scratching losses so that could help if they are slow out of the gate again next year.

So are you saying that Utah improved steadily as the season went along? I am sorry, as a UF fan, I am unaware of that concept and how it works? Much less I would not know what it looked like if it was actually happening b/c I have not seen it since, well, I don;t know when.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
When was the last time we had a first year coach lose his first game?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So are you saying that Utah improved steadily as the season went along? I am sorry, as a UF fan, I am unaware of that concept and how it works? Much less I would not know what it looked like if it was actually happening b/c I have not seen it since, well, I don;t know when.
I was actually thinking the same thing. It's amazing seeing real coaching and comparing it to how bad of a coach Numbnut's was, and how bad of a staff he surrounded himself with.

I'm pretty sure he hired a crap staff who were only interested in suckling the UAA teet and kissing dooshy Dan's a$$ on purpose because he was too insecure to hire a competent staff who would point out his multiple deficiencies as the supposed leader of the program.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If this is essentially the same team that will show up in gville next fall, we will get our :kiffin: pushed in, hard.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They're pretty susceptible on the back end. If you can throw it, you can beat em.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
figures we'd pick a normal middle of the pack PAC-12 team to schedule for our PAC-12 home & home, and lo and behold, they won the PAC-12 .

looking like a nice warmup game before we start tearing it up on the SEC schedule, Boots to the Utes

Go Gators
It looks like Grant Them is coaching both defenses in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.