Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be great by the middle of the 4th quarter you start hearing the fans chant....."overated, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some people live in their own heads...facts are funny things and truth is hard to swallow.
How about the FACT that UF is one of the hardest places to play in the country? On the opening game of a new and exciting staff, no less. With our best QB since Tebow.

Right now UF is favored, and they should be. They will win easily.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
UF's ranking is meaningless, they may as well have us at #136. Beating Utah to start the season will be the first step in rapidly climbing those rankings.

In the meantime, Napier could use that number as a sign of disrespect and get the players fired up.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
The preseason ranking mean very little. Probably to Fl‘s advantage against Utah , maybe they come in a little big headed.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now I don't give a ratz azz where we are ranked. This is the best possible position for us to be in. Under the radar, overlooked, underestimated, and no regard for this team. I am quite confident that Napier will use this to its maximum benefit. I want them to pump all that stuff to Utah by the truckload. This will be the biggest opening day upset for UF since they knocked off Houston in '69.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
How about the FACT that UF is one of the hardest places to play in the country? On the opening game of a new and exciting staff, no less. With our best QB since Tebow.

Right now UF is favored, and they should be. They will win easily.
Fact...I think UF wins and humidity is a huge issue.
Fact...Utah will be favored they are going to be ranked 8 or higher in every poll
Fact.. UF is not even ranked
Fact..because you say it's so does not make it so. UF won't be favored.

And how often are early polls WRONG.

Who's arguing now?
1660011473257.png

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Right now I don't give a ratz azz where we are ranked. This is the best possible position for us to be in. Under the radar, overlooked, underestimated, and no regard for this team. I am quite confident that Napier will use this to its maximum benefit. I want them to pump all that stuff to Utah by the truckload. This will be the biggest opening day upset for UF since they knocked off Houston in '69.
This

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I love the disrespect. Like NOLA said, no reason for them to believe otherwise, but we all know damn well we're far better than that garbage ranking. Can't wait to see the experts reverse course on their opinion of our team.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I love the disrespect. Like NOLA said, no reason for them to believe otherwise, but we all know damn well we're far better than that garbage ranking. Can't wait to see the experts reverse course on their opinion of our team.
Winner...First Utah and then Kentucky. If we can stay healthy until UGA this year could be special...but if not, it's coming soon.
Sling brother Billy sling...Sling that blade.
Scared money don't make money

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fact...I think UF wins and humidity is a huge issue.
Fact...Utah will be favored they are going to be ranked 8 or higher in every poll
Fact.. UF is not even ranked
Fact..because you say it's so does not make it so. UF won't be favored.

And how often are early polls WRONG.

Who's arguing now?
Dude, UF IS FAVORED AT SEVERAL BETTING SITES RIGHT NOW.

Sober up.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Dude, UF IS FAVORED AT SEVERAL BETTING SITES RIGHT NOW.

Sober up.
And I saw 3 sites for Utah -1.5 pt. OX, what do you want? I still think UF wins.

Okay I am wrong UF will be favored because OX wants it.

Tell you what...pm me and tell me how to post. .Then send me my pickems.

Again, I must be crazy...because I sound drunk to you...and I don't drink. Even more...I gave you $$$ and I think most days you're an ass.

But it's okay because I still pray for you...70 x7...as far as the East is from the West

Prayers

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
They were 40th in the nation in offense. Their "production" on offense sucked. It will be even worse this season.

People are often guilty of recency bias: they saw how Utah looked in their biggest games last year (Oregon x2, Ohio State) and they looked pretty good. They're returning a QB who took over after they had one loss and who nearly completed a comeback in a game they ultimately lost, taking over midway through the game.

At the end of the day, they're returning him and a few other key contributors from the 40th ranked offense.

We were ranked 61 in ppg...lost our starting QB, head coach, best WR, and top 2 RBs.

Now, you and I know that AR is a better QB than Jones; that Copeland was a talented basketcase and more trouble than he was worth; and that our RB room is fine, even without Pierce and Davis.

Again: not the point--we both know the Gators can and should win this game. But the sports journalists and coaches who skim through W/L records, returning production, etc...they don't know that.

So be it. It's an advantage to US at the end of the day if Utah shows up thinking they will waltz to victory.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This season can't start soon enough. The crew is turning on each other and the captain.
It can't get here soon enough.
And you know what is awesome?

Last year I could care less...I hated our HC and his staff, the UAA was clueless, and Fuchs was...well Fuchs

But today...Nothing but Sunshine

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Utah ranked 8th :lol:

Like most of these pretenders, if they had to play a real schedule their record would reflect it. Even so, they still lost 4 games last year and lost most of their defense to graduation. I guess we're supposed to believe they'll somehow be better this year, though. Those mid to upper 30's recruiting classes loaded with 3-stars are really going to show us how to play football in The Swamp I'm sure :lmao2:

Easy money here betting on the good guys. Kickoff can't come soon enough.
How old am I? This feels like Cal rolling into Tampa in 1980 heavily favored, with Heisman hopeful Rich Campbell at QB and UF coming off 0-11 in Pell’s first year.

Sophomore QB Bob “The Snake” Hewko shredded them in a 41-13 Gator win.

Utah is a well-coached team. As long as we stay disciplined and don’t turn the ball over we will win easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.