Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
UF's ranking is meaningless, they may as well have us at #136. Beating Utah to start the season will be the first step in rapidly climbing those rankings.

In the meantime, Napier could use that number as a sign of disrespect and get the players fired up.
But it’s not meaningless. The farther we are from 1, the longer it’ll take for us to get to top 5 for CFP consideration and leaves us limited wiggle room to jump into CFP with a single loss.. timing dependent

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
But it’s not meaningless. The farther we are from 1, the longer it’ll take for us to get to top 5 for CFP consideration and leaves us limited wiggle room to jump into CFP with a single loss.. timing dependent
I normally would agree, but it really just comes down to beating the Dwags and not having let downs against Mizzu and USCe. If we beat the Dwags and hold serve against everyone else, maybe losing to A&M or LSU in a close battle we can still have a shot. If we lose to the Dwags we got no shot so the early ranking means little.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any 1 loss team in the SEC will be in the playoff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We could start the season at #100 and make the playoffs if we are deserving. The playoff system runs through the SEC.

edit: Knox beat me to it.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Mizzou and SCAR don’t stand a chance. And we don’t even have to defeat the Leghumpers to make CFP 1-4 if they lose to Orange Puke or Ashley Judd afterwards and our only loss is to them

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mizzou and SCAR don’t stand a chance. And we don’t even have to defeat the Leghumpers to make CFP 1-4 if they lose to Orange Puke or Ashley Judd afterwards and our only loss is to them

All true. But we’re UF. We don’t back in with a division loss. Playoff is irrelevant, imo, with a loss in Jax.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@abefroman

I should clarify. I don’t want to back into Atlanta and/or the playoff with a division loss. Just me, and I’m cool with differing views here. I just feel we have to beat the best team in front of us to claim anything. Anyway, I’m not thinking that high this year. Now, next season, with a year in the new systems and some key potential returns? Different story.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
@abefroman

I should clarify. I don’t want to back into Atlanta and/or the playoff with a division loss. Just me, and I’m cool with differing views here. I just feel we have to beat the best team in front of us to claim anything. Anyway, I’m not thinking that high this year. Now, next season, with a year in the new systems and some key potential returns? Different story.
You heard it here first, folks. SoFla says Jack Miller can lead us to a natty! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb