Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you a new Gator fan......haven't been around for the last 10 years or so?
Have you seen our coaching staffs the last ten years? You guys keep acting like it’s business as usual, it isn’t. The Gators are back.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
All true. But we’re UF. We don’t back in with a division loss. Playoff is irrelevant, imo, with a loss in Jax.
Steve spurrier pointing GIF by Florida Gators

Just beat

leghumper-dooley.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t believe we have ever won the division with a loss to UGAy, that ain’t changing anytime soon.

You are correct. In the 30 years since divisions were assigned, we’ve only lost to an East opponent and made Atl twice, both times to tennessee(‘92, ‘16). No East title has ever come with a loss in Jax. Oddly enough, uga has only cost us Atl three times in that same span(‘97, ‘12, ‘19). The vols have historically been slightly more important(cost us ‘98, ‘01 and ‘03), mostly because of the first 15 years being so weighted.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
You are correct. In the 30 years since divisions were assigned, we’ve only lost to an East opponent and made Atl twice, both times to tennessee(‘92, ‘16). No East title has ever come with a loss in Jax. Oddly enough, uga has only cost us Atl three times in that same span(‘97, ‘12, ‘19). The vols have historically been slightly more important(cost us ‘97, ‘98, ‘01 and ‘03), mostly because of the first 15 years being so weighted.
Vols didn’t beat us in ‘97, lsu and UGAy did.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
You are correct. In the 30 years since divisions were assigned, we’ve only lost to an East opponent and made Atl twice, both times to tennessee(‘92, ‘16). No East title has ever come with a loss in Jax. Oddly enough, uga has only cost us Atl three times in that same span(‘97, ‘12, ‘19). The vols have historically been slightly more important(cost us ‘97, ‘98, ‘01 and ‘03), mostly because of the first 15 years being so weighted.
No East title from us has came from a loss in Jax, but UGAy has 2 times I believe (‘02, ‘05) loss to us and still won it and the SEC those years too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No East title from us has came from a loss in Jax, but UGAy has 2 times I believe (‘02, ‘05) loss to us and still won it and the SEC those years too.

That is correct. In 2002, they lost in part because of Scott’s pick-6(Top 10 UF play of all time) and in part because their legacy WR(Edwards I think) dropped an easy sure TD. They held on to win the East on a miracle last second play against Aub. Zook was in the running until the final seconds of that game. Crazy.

2005 was when Leak went complete 180 in terms of effort on the first two drives, including going full 360 on a QB scramble TD. Also the intro of Latsko and we faced Tereshinski instead of Shockley, giving us an edge, and ensuring that the only TD pass he’d ever throw at the cocktail party in his 4 years at uga was the aforementioned one to Gus Scott. :lol:

UF probably wins the SEC in both years if they get there.

Also to further correct my precious post, technically the loss to uga cost us Atl in 2007 as well.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That is correct. In 2002, they lost in part because of Scott’s pick-6(Top 10 UF play of all time) and in part because their legacy WR(Edwards I think) dropped an easy sure TD. They held on to win the East on a miracle last second play against Aub. Zook was in the running until the final seconds of that game. Crazy.

2005 was when Leak went complete 180 in terms of effort on the first two drives, including going full 360 on a QB scramble TD. Also the intro of Latsko and we faced Tereshinski instead of Shockley, giving us an edge, and ensuring that the only TD pass he’d ever throw at the cocktail party in his 4 years at uga was the aforementioned one to Gus Scott. :lol:

UF probably wins the SEC in both years if they get there.

Also to further correct my precious post, technically the loss to uga cost us Atl in 2007 as well.

I forgot that it was the Vols that won the division in '07, I'm still kicking my self for turning down tickets to go to the Tenn game that year, and instead went to the Auburn game. LOL

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UGA had a great defense and a weak schedule last year. They backed into the playoffs and beat an injured bammer team. I am not worried. I feel like we finally have a coaching staff that prioritizes fundamentals rather than thinking we can put score them.

Gators 34
Mutts 17

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck simulating the humid conditions inside your practice facility. Gators by 28+.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They can turn up the heat all they want, they cannot duplicate the humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb