Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I may have missed it but I see VERY little negativity about the win. I guess its still the honeymoon phase.
You of course are extremely disappointed about this since it cuts way down on your finger-wagging hobby. Fewer opportunities to show off your superior fandom.

:wag:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, I mean other than the obvious...
Ref's didn't call an official TO for something.
During what should have been an official timeout Utah called a timeout.
Apparently the refs were too stopid to recognize it at the time because if they did they didn't tell anybody.
Players, scoreboard, stadium, announcers and coaches think the Utes are out of timeouts and adjust play accordingly.
Hell the refs probably didn't realize it.
Until Utah needed a timeout.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I came away from the first watch of the game with a negative opinion of Torrence but now that I have rewatched my opinion totally changed. He had a great game. He was in position a lot of the game and made some great tackles that really changed the course of the game: like a couple tackles that forced field goals instead of giving up touchdowns. He did miss some tackles, which was the reason for my negative opinion of him, but even then he was in position to make the play versus not even there to make a play.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I came away from the first watch of the game with a negative opinion of Torrence but now that I have rewatched my opinion totally changed. He had a great game. He was in position a lot of the game and made some great tackles that really changed the course of the game: like a couple tackles that forced field goals instead of giving up touchdowns. He did miss some tackles, which was the reason for my negative opinion of him, but even then he was in position to make the play versus not even there to make a play.
A second watch of the game changed my view on a lot (both O and D). Lots to clean up but it WAS the first game of a young team with a new staff against a quality opponent.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You of course are extremely disappointed about this since it cuts way down on your finger-wagging hobby. Fewer opportunities to show off your superior fandom.

:wag:
actually I found it refreshing after how septic it is most of the time. It does seem sad that you and a few others believe i think less of other gator fans.......I just dont think like some fans. I grew up in the 60s and 70s believing the words of the song we sang at the games.........

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I khow this is the UF/Utah thread but when someone tweeted this to me I damn near died of laughter. Check out this photo of a Leghumper flooring a Oregon Duck fan at their game. Alcohol is awesome, isn't it? LOLOLOLOLOL! Nothing like getting your ass beat ON the field and OFF....

Duck Dawg Brawl.jpg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, I khow this is the UF/Utah thread but when someone tweeted this to me I damn near died of laughter. Check out this photo of a Leghumper flooring a Oregon Duck fan at their game. Alcohol is awesome, isn't it? LOLOLOLOLOL! Nothing like getting your ass beat ON the field and OFF....

View attachment 48310

Fuchs georgia and their stupid fans.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Im just glad he didn't get tossed thanks to that Bullchit targeting rule. It must have slipped the refs minds....

Bayougator

Aug 17, 2018
Frankly, I am ashamed at the treatment of a visitor to GC and our fair community who graciously shows up to discuss his team and the game. Before AND after losing. Surprised? Hardly. Treating him like a dog (dwag) was not really called for. And then for someone to actually hold up the phknnn dogs pridefully cause they beat the ducks to death. Really? Fckk kirby and his "best team $$$ bought" shttt. Anyone with a pulse could have won a title with that NFL def. last year. But back to our visitor. I read most of what he wrote. Its cool when a fan from an obscure team shows up when you play them. Better when his team has a REAL pulse unlike most of our Sept. opponents. I hope that QB graduates before we head west next year.
One more thing. A shout out to our Def. When it counted the MOST, they, like AR, stepped up and made the play(s) that won the game. Im celebrating today. A rival fan from the losing team could say nothing to impact that.
The fan was spewing butt-hurt non-sense. I'm as charitable as the next guy. But this dude was trolling us...and he's getting exactly what he wants...reactions. I bet he especially loves getting defended by a board member. Great job.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Frankly, I am ashamed at the treatment of a visitor to GC and our fair community who graciously shows up to discuss his team and the game. Before AND after losing. Surprised? Hardly. Treating him like a dog (dwag) was not really called for. And then for someone to actually hold up the phknnn dogs pridefully cause they beat the ducks to death. Really? Fckk kirby and his "best team $$$ bought" shttt. Anyone with a pulse could have won a title with that NFL def. last year. But back to our visitor. I read most of what he wrote. Its cool when a fan from an obscure team shows up when you play them. Better when his team has a REAL pulse unlike most of our Sept. opponents. I hope that QB graduates before we head west next year.
One more thing. A shout out to our Def. When it counted the MOST, they, like AR, stepped up and made the play(s) that won the game. Im celebrating today. A rival fan from the losing team could say nothing to impact that.
Have you considered Swamp Gas? They are much better behaved over there. I'll let them know you're coming. Thanks for your past contributions, sometimes it's just not a fit.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's a man thing. You wouldn't understand.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@UtahPigBus: Weekend recap.
1. Gainesville, best college town.
2. Gator fans LOVE their team, SEC fanhood next level.
3. UF has one the best sports programs in the country.
4. 99% of fans awesome & friendly.
5. Swamp IS hostile & loud, nothing like it.
6. Weather is real.
7. Affordable town.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well this is the first time I have had a chance to get in on the thread since before the game. From non stop going and airline issues, its been a long but very enjoyable weekend. I can say so much but most everyone has pretty much summed it up. First and foremost, I'll own the fact that I blew the score prediction, but not the outcome.... a W. But I felt confident that our plan would be to contain Rising and the run as much as possible and we would cram the ball down their throats. CHECK. Also, spot on about Etienne.

Just a few bullet points from what I saw.
*Their is something about this team. Napier has done well instilling discipline.
* I saw fight in this team, lifting each other up, and they did not shyt the bed when it mattered.
* PT put the defense in position to succeed and they played more disciplined.
* I have to give Utah credit.....good team, not super, but they are very well coached.
* The offense....AR, nuff said.
* I could go on and on but I am just still ecstatic over this game.

UteMan is full of shyt. One of our friends that met us for the game was not only a Utah graduate, he played for Utah many years ago. He said out of all he's played in and traveled to. No way anyone else is louder than the Swamp. He totally loved the experience.

I can finally put the Utes behind me. For whatever reason this was a huge game for all of us. Now time to move on to the Kitty Kats. PAYBACK TIME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.