Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yeah, I khow this is the UF/Utah thread but when someone tweeted this to me I damn near died of laughter. Check out this photo of a Leghumper flooring a Oregon Duck fan at their game. Alcohol is awesome, isn't it? LOLOLOLOLOL! Nothing like getting your ass beat ON the field and OFF....

View attachment 48310
i guess he forgot to
College Football GIF by ESPN

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You know that on that 45 yard scamper AR wanted to leap over the defender. And coulda.

Has anybody seen a good angle on the interception?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

I've looked at a bunch of replay videos, to me, this is the best one so far. Nice editing.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I came away from the first watch of the game with a negative opinion of Torrence but now that I have rewatched my opinion totally changed. He had a great game. He was in position a lot of the game and made some great tackles that really changed the course of the game: like a couple tackles that forced field goals instead of giving up touchdowns. He did miss some tackles, which was the reason for my negative opinion of him, but even then he was in position to make the play versus not even there to make a play.
Agreed... at the game, I was cursing his missed tackles. When I watched the game Sunday night, he balled out and had the one big series ending stop on 3rd down.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Have you considered Swamp Gas? They are much better behaved over there. I'll let them know you're coming. Thanks for your past contributions, sometimes it's just not a fit.
Heck I came here because I got banned from swamp gas for upsetting the mods with how hostile I was to a "respected rival" called dailydoublecat who came around during basketball season. They treat rivals better than their own fans over there.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay. So there are no good angles.
Many years ago I saw one of the first widescreen TVs. And it was showing a football game. The awesome thing was that with widescreen you could get all 22. Unfortunately, broadcasters still zoom in.
I'm curious to see what the TE's and LBs were doing before the interception. Not just the moment of the interception.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Okay. So there are no good angles.
Many years ago I saw one of the first widescreen TVs. And it was showing a football game. The awesome thing was that with widescreen you could get all 22. Unfortunately, broadcasters still zoom in.
I'm curious to see what the TE's and LBs were doing before the interception. Not just the moment of the interception.
Did you click on the youtube video I gave you above? Its clear as day what the TE and LBs are doing on the first angle.

21, 86 and 80 of Utah line up in tight bunch set on left side of line. Burney and Miller are LB, Trevez is on 86. Torrence is on 80. Moore is on 21. Miller marks the QB and 2 coming out of the backfield. 30:52 mark of video

On the snap,
-80 clears out left and Torrence marks him out of the screen.
-21 goes straight and attempts to pick for 86 but Moore does a good job of standing him up and keeping him in the way for 86 to fill in the space. 86 does this weird spin move and kinda falls down on his own accord with Trevez right there. I think 86 was at fault and not Rising making a bad throw. Meanwhile, Burney watch 80 clear out left, floats a little left (his right) as he recognizes the pick play going on and then looks back at the QB to read where the throw is going. He makes a play on the low ball that really looked to being going into the dirt.
-This all happens in the 30:51-59 mark of the video.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Looks like TE got tangled up in Devon Moore's feet and fell down. Explains why 86 is looking at the ref after the play.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looks like the country is VERY interested in our program. I mean after all we are Gator Nation. People are going to start remembering they feared us. Well here's my message to them. Be afraid. VERY afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.