Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
His only unforced error? GTFO. It was a spectacular INT by Burney with him completely laid out and grabbing the ball off the turf. Unlike the one Rising threw 3 or 4 timeouts earlier right into Miller's hands, that he unfortunately couldn't hold on to.

I know why they call him Cam Rising. His cam is rising for some of you guys to gobble it up ballz deep.
Not denying Amari’s awesome play, but Rising forced a pass into tight coverage when he didn’t need to. It was a dumb decision and Burney made him pay for it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It was at least the 2nd unforced error. Game should have been over a minute previous to Burney's interception had VMiller caught that pass
That’s probably true. From my angle at the stadium it looked like that would have been a tougher pick - I forgot to record the game and am now at the mercy of the SEC network to watch it again - but I thought maybe Rising saw Miller and tried -unsuccessfully - to throw it over him and made a bad pass.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Last thought as I turn the page to KY…

Utah was undefeated under Wittingham when they rushed for over 200 yards. I think it was 33-0. Now 33-1.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
We get a goal line stand and a pick in the end zone to seal the deal and this guy has the same energy of any average TV commentator.

WHERE IS THE JUICE?!

I miss Mick.
Me too.
But did Mick have JUICE from game one?
Can't remember. :dunno:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last thought as I turn the page to KY…

Utah was undefeated under Wittingham when they rushed for over 200 yards. I think it was 33-0. Now 33-1.
Well, to be fair, there was also the stat where they hadn't WON a game when allowing their opponents to rush for over 200. Which we did.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not denying Amari’s awesome play, but Rising forced a pass into tight coverage when he didn’t need to. It was a dumb decision and Burney made him pay for it.
Poor throw, but its not like it was thrown right at Burney's chest. Burney had to work to get it and hang on to it. It was a good play made on the ball at a critical time of the game.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Poor throw, but its not like it was thrown right at Burney's chest. Burney had to work to get it and hang on to it. It was a good play made on the ball at a critical time of the game.
Hence my post where I wrote "Amari's awesome play."

The receiver was down on the ground and it was a tight window in a crowded part of the field. I bet even Rising would say he forced it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hence my post where I wrote "Amari's awesome play."

The receiver was down on the ground and it was a tight window in a crowded part of the field. I bet even Rising would say he forced it.

As much as I hated seeing them move down the field on us that drive, the defense does deserve some credit for making them drive it and some stops that forced them to use their timeouts. Logic would say keep it on the ground there and take no chances at all, but they couldn’t.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I may have missed it but I see VERY little negativity about the win. I guess its still the honeymoon phase. Anyone see FF post? I will say Shane M is down on the d-line. I thought our BIG boy did a great job of playing so many reps.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As much as I hated seeing them move down the field on us that drive, the defense does deserve some credit for making them drive it and some stops that forced them to use their timeouts. Logic would say keep it on the ground there and take no chances at all, but they couldn’t.
I have no problem with calling a pass play with a veteran QB like Rising (and don't forget they were out of T.O.'s at that point). I do have a problem with him forgetting to throw it away if it wasn't "there." It was second down and they easily had time for one more shot at the end zone. The three things Rising couldn't do was take a sack, throw a pass short of the goal line to a covered guy, or throw a pick. From the replays I've seen, I can only imagine he had tunnel vision as Burney was directly in his line of sight. Maybe he thought his arm strength was better than it is? I dunno, but Burney definitely made a great play.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may have missed it in this thread but what was the reason for the 4th time out?

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's just how it sounds. Like about 60-70% of the crowd were yelling, and when Burney made that diving pick, the other 30-40% kicked in, and the ones who were already yelling got even louder.

I too have been to games where the noise is so loud pre-snap that it's literally painfully deafening, and then when the play gets snuffed, you can hardly even tell the difference of the reaction because it was already at maximum possible volume. Not since the 00's though.
I remember some games when I was a student back in the 90s where it was so loud you could almost actually "feel" the sound. And it never let up from opening kick to final whistle. Some of the UT, Auburn, FSU games were just unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb