***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Vanderbilt***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
No reason not to enjoy a huge come back or pump. I was in the chat box yesterday saying we were still going to win even at 21-3. Never really had much doubt.

Injuries ARE part of the game. I'm sure we still win even if he had stayed in the game. Underneath this great win, the fact is they were gashing us for the first 1.5 quarters with their RB.

Our offense was only stopped by ourselves. It's exciting to see a great offense again. Mullen seems to be getting better at getting our playmakers involved. You see one little negative and jump all over it acting like I'm saying we suck or something. IMHO, you are overreacting. This is the last thing I'll say about it.

I thought overreacting is the preferred m.o. around here. But seriously I had a “reaction” to your inference. No more no less.

Good call. Let’s move on. We’ll never know if they would have beat us with that guy. We just know they didn’t and we’re both very happy about that!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like the mix he’s calling right now. Quick screens to wideouts, slants, RB screens, a few deep shots, TE over the middle. Used all 3 backs for at least 10 carries, loved the 2 back sets, Toney getting touches, some RPO’s and yes...even some designed runs for FF.

Additionally he’s getting some creative stuff in every game....wildcat, Toney pass to Stephens, Krull pass to Franks, reverses, fake punt, etc.

He’s making it difficult to gameplan the Gators. He’s masking deficiencies and highlighting strengths. It’s been masterful coaching on both sides of the ball.

0-8 SEC projections are just bad memories.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OUTSTANDING GAME! ‘Nuff said...
That dog was a part of my childhood. Thanks for a great memory.
ltraz said:
I think he learned a ton from meyer and is an above average playcaller. I just think there are other things that have prevented him from taking that next step.
Starkville being the most obvious..........

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I like the mix he’s calling right now. Quick screens to wideouts, slants, RB screens, a few deep shots, TE over the middle. Used all 3 backs for at least 10 carries, loved the 2 back sets, Toney getting touches, some RPO’s and yes...even some designed runs for FF.

Additionally he’s getting some creative stuff in every game....wildcat, Toney pass to Stephens, Krull pass to Franks, reverses, fake punt, etc.

He’s making it difficult to gameplan the Gators. He’s masking deficiencies and highlighting strengths. It’s been masterful coaching on both sides of the ball.

He is a better coach than I ever gave him credit for. Tooot toot! On the Mullen train....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the mood swings on this board is a strong selling point. This thread probably has an extra hundred post because of the strong opinions you guys share about all things Gator.

I literally can't wait for the Jagaw game thread.

Win or lose, it will be epic!

Keep it up baby!

Go Gators!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think the mood swings on this board is a strong selling point. This thread probably has an extra hundred post because of the strong opinions you guys share about all things Gator.

I literally can't wait for the Jagaw game thread.

Win or lose, it will be epic!

Keep it up baby!

Well we have been told repeatedly that the dawgs have stockpiled enormous talent at nearly every position. Yet if they beat us I suspect the negativity will be strong especially that which is directed at Mullen, Grantham and Franks. They will likely be shredded.

Truth is we could lose and still have a shot at a 11-2 or 10-3 record.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The early part of the thread is something else. I mean a single mistake or single unsuccessful playcall is broken down and presented as proof that somebody (usually Coach or Franks) is an idiot and evidence that we are being outcoached.

I couldn't be on the board during the game, but have read the thread afterward. It's amazing the misery of the opening few drives and how ready to commit suicide (or offer assisted suicide for Mullen/Franks) the 'fans' on here seem to be. Then the tremendous upswing in attitude around here when things turned in our favor and we applied our will over Vandy.

I get that fans lead with their hearts over their minds in most cases, but the negativity was palpable, then it dissipated, and was replaced by some sunny pumping that has been long needed. I don't know if the negative folks will ever pull out of it, or if the pumpers will will be crashed to the ground like the last to regimes did to us. I'm just trying to enjoy seeing the team play well and overcome mistakes. Take the wins, they have been missed for a long time.

It is sad to see the 'fans' on here eating their own. If that's your goal in life - I say this to anyone willing to hear it - you really need to find something more productive to spend your energy on than criticizing and word-twisting fellow Gator fans. Think about some of the ass hats fans you see on other boards or in the stands from other teams, and ask yourself, aren't we better than that? Ya'll sure as F don't act like it.

This doesn't just drip with irony, it's a gusher like a busted pipe.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif

Who is going? Imma be there.

I’m actually a little hesitant because I don’t want to jinx it. I haven’t seen the Gators win a game in person in two decades. The last 3 games I’ve been to were the 2000 Sugar bowl vs Miami, the 2007 Outback Bowl vs meet chicken, and 2016 vs FSU in the Swamp.

Congratulations Zambo. It was looking shaky there for a while and we most certainly would have blamed you had we lost but we pulled it out and you broke your bad luck streak. You got the proverbial “monkey” off your back (pun intended) :lol: Hope you had a good time and enjoyed the victory.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations Zambo. It was looking shaky there for a while and we most certainly would have blamed you had we lost but we pulled it out and you broke your bad luck streak. You got the proverbial “monkey” off your back (pun intended) :lol: Hope you had a good time and enjoyed the victory.
:lol: Haha, thanks man but I had to back out at the last minute. My streak is unfortunately intact.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
We're not necessarily the best at any one of these aspects, but they are ALL in play and the rest of our opponents will have a devil of a time trying to game plan on defense and special teams. AND wonder what twists Mullen et al will add to the playbook in the meantime (because we've seen new stuff every single week).

We haven't had that aura in ten years. Awesome!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cjogara: Feleipe Franks improvement stat:

Saturday marked the first time in his career that he completed at least 65% of his passes and threw for multiple TD passes against a Power 5 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator