Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsUnis: The #Gators wore white helmets at practice today ⚪
annoyed.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My bad I thought this was the Vandy thread.......

(Truth be told, i just saw your comment and didn't look back to see to what you were referring. :oops:)

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'm gonna make a statement that most around here will probably disagree with...

Trask is not the answer at QB! Nothing against him personally. He's been a stabilizing force and probably has provided the best QB play we've seen in years.
With that being said, Trask has another year of eligibility. I don't want to go into next season with Trask as our starting QB. We've hit a ceiling with him.

I say all this to say, Mullen should consider giving heavy minutes to Emory. I'm not in favor of benching Trask outright because he hasn't done anything to lose his job per se. But the team's ceiling is higher with EJ. He brings a dynamic running ability that's sure to help the run game. And his arm is pretty good. The major unknown is his decision making, but that's why I think he should get lion's share of time going forward. Out of playoff contention, I fully expect Mullen to go more to EJ. And hopefully he gets full drives instead of coming in during random times in the game.

I live in Jacksonville and I think, like with Minshew, fans want Trask to succeed and he's doing better than the QB he replaced. But none of that means their the answers at QB for their respective teams.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
EJ. He brings a dynamic running ability that's sure to help the run game. And his arm is pretty good.

He appears to be a decent runner but he is a little light if you ask me. Dynamic? I wouldn't go there yet. I know he is a better fit for Mullens offense but Dan doesn't seem to fully trust him throwing.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
He appears to be a decent runner but he is a little light if you ask me. Dynamic? I wouldn't go there yet. I know he is a better fit for Mullens offense but Dan doesn't seem to fully trust him throwing.
Is he Lamar Jackson? No. Of course not. But clearly he's pretty dynamic. And true. Mullen doesn't seem to trust him. Which is why I referenced his decision making. But if he's gonna be the starter next year you might as well start building that trust now.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm gonna make a statement that most around here will probably disagree with...

Trask is not the answer at QB! Nothing against him personally. He's been a stabilizing force and probably has provided the best QB play we've seen in years.
With that being said, Trask has another year of eligibility. I don't want to go into next season with Trask as our starting QB. We've hit a ceiling with him.

I say all this to say, Mullen should consider giving heavy minutes to Emory. I'm not in favor of benching Trask outright because he hasn't done anything to lose his job per se. But the team's ceiling is higher with EJ. He brings a dynamic running ability that's sure to help the run game. And his arm is pretty good. The major unknown is his decision making, but that's why I think he should get lion's share of time going forward. Out of playoff contention, I fully expect Mullen to go more to EJ. And hopefully he gets full drives instead of coming in during random times in the game.

I live in Jacksonville and I think, like with Minshew, fans want Trask to succeed and he's doing better than the QB he replaced. But none of that means their the answers at QB for their respective teams.

I was wondering if we’d start seeing more EJ now, since we’re essentially out of the East race( unless UGAy implodes somehow). Really you make some decent points, Trask ain’t a Mullen QB. Mullen doesn’t know how to use Trask right either. I think he keeps rolling with Trask for the time being though.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Honestly if you split the rest of the games that’s not a bad plan...give each two quarters and go from there

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I was wondering if we’d start seeing more EJ now, since we’re essentially out of the East race( unless UGAy implodes somehow). Really you make some decent points, Trask ain’t a Mullen QB. Mullen doesn’t know how to use Trask right either. I think he keeps rolling with Trask for the time being though.

It was kind of mentioned above, but I'm not sure I see that "dynamic" ability yet in EJ. I think in a game like we just played, we wouldn't have even scored the 17 we did. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Trask is the best shot at this point. I also still think we have a decent amount to play for. Yes, the East is likely gone, but we have a real chance at winning out, which would give us a chance at 11 wins, and hopefully continue the thinking that we're headed in the right direction with recruits('20 and beyond). I'm all for giving EJ reps and packages in games like Vu and either of the others, assuming we're not playing from behind. And I'm ok going into Spring with a real battle. But I'm not so sure it's not AR that becomes our next QB.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Bleich is gone...left the team. Hasn’t been good but that’s a blow to the depth midseason

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Is he Lamar Jackson? No. Of course not. But clearly he's pretty dynamic. And true. Mullen doesn't seem to trust him. Which is why I referenced his decision making. But if he's gonna be the starter next year you might as well start building that trust now.
:drunk2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb