***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna make a statement that most around here will probably disagree with...

Trask is not the answer at QB! Nothing against him personally. He's been a stabilizing force and probably has provided the best QB play we've seen in years.
With that being said, Trask has another year of eligibility. I don't want to go into next season with Trask as our starting QB. We've hit a ceiling with him.

I say all this to say, Mullen should consider giving heavy minutes to Emory. I'm not in favor of benching Trask outright because he hasn't done anything to lose his job per se. But the team's ceiling is higher with EJ. He brings a dynamic running ability that's sure to help the run game. And his arm is pretty good. The major unknown is his decision making, but that's why I think he should get lion's share of time going forward. Out of playoff contention, I fully expect Mullen to go more to EJ. And hopefully he gets full drives instead of coming in during random times in the game.

I live in Jacksonville and I think, like with Minshew, fans want Trask to succeed and he's doing better than the QB he replaced. But none of that means their the answers at QB for their respective teams.
Mullen already named a starter for next season?
Who’s starting at left tackle?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just come out pissed off, we will be fine.
If we couldn't get pissed for UGA, you think the Commodores are gong to do it?

This game is going to be uncomfortably close. The season is over and the players know it - getting up for this one is going to be impossible. Team is going to be flat as hell.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Also a nooner, I would stay far away from that 24 point spread

you can sense the enthusiasm on this thread alone. lol

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

This game is going to be uncomfortably close. The season is over and the players know it - getting up for this one is going to be impossible. Team is going to be flat as hell.
Lessons learned, like last year's debacle and what was lost there? The first quarter's performance against ugly should be on everyone's mind from top to bottom. He!!, the play calling was even predictable. Vandy is a rudderless ship that has broken away from it's mooring at the dock. We will prevail handily.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is he Lamar Jackson? No.

EJ certainly has not the quick-reflexes of a Lamar Jackson. But, when he is 100% K.Toney is close to L.Jackson. Toney HS QB came into UF holding the highest completion % of any UF QB-recruit ever. I guess the bias against being shortish & lightweight immediately disqualified Toney as a UF QB.? (Probably if Lamar Jackson came here, he would not be tried at QB -- I believe he went to Louisville because other recruiters wanted him at DB.)

It has to be very difficult for EJ to showcase skills when he gets in like a "rental-QB". Still, when Trask isn't in there, we can't be sure of keeping a drive going. I admit, this is difficult to manipulate, but for the future's sake Mullen needs EJ to develop a fluid "style" while driving the field for TD after TD.... EJ is a RS-freshman, so he has at least 2 more years, if not 3 as needed.

When AR gets here, he likely will follow a similar slow-track as Mullen put EJ through.? Plus, with AR's injury and only HS experience, we can't know what we're getting.?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Debating whether to get three tickets together on ticketmaster or to try to get three together at the game. I'm thinking two together at the game would be easy. Three not so much. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Debating whether to get three tickets together on ticketmaster or to try to get three together at the game. I'm thinking two together at the game would be easy. Three not so much. Thoughts?
You’ll be able to nab three no problem if you get there an hour before kick off. I’m a stubhub guy myself though

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

In other words, sh!tter's full.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator D better wrap up that Vandy back that ran all over us last year = Keshawn Vaughn. Last year he totalled 1,299 yards and this year 790 yards so far. He's a speedy slasher.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
That's right, the season is over, it's official. **** it. On to basketball. :rolleyes3:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy's starting their 94th string QB who managed to throw for like 40 yards and 2 picks last week. I think the one touchdown Auburn had will remain the only opposing touchdown scored at the Swamp through 5 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb