***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we take Dan at his word from the Monday Press Conference... I'm sure the Mullenites will. He competes at everything, weither it's walking to the next hole in golf, a friendly pick up game of baseball, his morning jog, or making sure his vacations plans are wrapped up before November....

"Competitors complete" says the same dude that made excuses for not using his timeouts and trying to score again before the half Mr Disco Dan Mullen.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First Vandy game I remember is 75 and we beat them down. Sitting in the old wooden bleachers near me was a vandy fan with a big bottle of whisky. He was not happy and kept calling the Vandy players cheerleaders in jockey straps. We beat them 35-0
:pe:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First Vandy game I remember is 75 and we beat them down. Sitting in the old wooden bleachers near me was a vandy fan with a big bottle of whisky. He was not happy and kept calling the Vandy players cheerleaders in jockey straps. We beat them 35-0

My first Vanderbilt game that I remember was in their stadium in 1988, a week after after our loss to Memphis State. And you guys wonder why some of us hate those orange uniforms.

Also, in looking up a story on that game, I found this interesting quote from our OC at the time...

"We thought we were going to be able to run the ball on them," Amedee said. "And we started out running the football good on them. But if you can't do much else, they'll put 11 men up at the line of scrimmage and stop you."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My first Vanderbilt game that I remember was in their stadium in 1988, a week after after our loss to Memphis State. And you guys wonder why some of us hate those orange uniforms.

Also, in looking up a story on that game, I found this interesting quote from our OC at the time...

"We thought we were going to be able to run the ball on them," Amedee said. "And we started out running the football good on them. But if you can't do much else, they'll put 11 men up at the line of scrimmage and stop you."

My dad told me my first Vandy game was 83 but I don't remember it... the first one I remember was 1989 at home.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Try and imagine Vandy winning this game.

Oh, you just had to go there. Have you ever considered luck? (Good, bad, or ugly....w/Dan it's bound to be the ugly variety). I'm having deja vu of losing games that were galactically stupid, and which I've spent years trying to forget. Thanks Ox.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's to fret, when Mullen's piloted us into the vicinity of nullability.?
UF needs to divorce Mullen and take him for all he's worth. Take my coach, please.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
There is no way in hell we are losing to Vandy (and since Mrs G has decided we’re going to the game, it may be the end of Gator football for me until CDM is gone if we do).Vandy is truly one of the worst teams in the country right now.
My question is not will we win; it’s how will we come out: P.O.‘ed and wanting kill somebody or ho-hum, it’s Saturday, guess we have a game today. Pretty sure it’s going to be the latter.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
We will snooze and cruise our way to a 13 point win. 23-10. It will be close most of the way not because Vandy is any good but because as is typical for us in games like this, we won’t show up to play.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We will snooze and cruise our way to a 13 point win. 23-10. It will be close most of the way not because Vandy is any good but because as is typical for us in games like this, we won’t show up to play.
Bingo. This game is going to be far closer than you guys think. May even be in question in the second half.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Worked last week too. What a coincidence .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.