November 19, Noon.

Discuss.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will be there. Already looking forward to it. Vandy won't lay down but expect a good day for the Good Guys.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Noon? My kind of start time.

Go Gators!

Go Wildcats!

Go GaTech !

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Until yesterday, Vandy's only 3 wins were to Hawaii, Elon, and Northern Illinois (and the latter two were actually close games). They had lost 26 straight SEC games. It's hard to put into words how bad that loss was for Mark Stoops and the Wildcats. After their early hype, they have lost 4 of 6 and keep getting worse. No one is talking about Stoops being a hot coaching prospect anymore. He's where he belongs.

This Vandy defense gave up 45 points to Wake Forest, 55 to Alabama, 52 to Ole Miss, 55 to Georgia, and 38 to South Carolina. They have the 122nd ranked defense, giving up 458 yards per game (UF is 103rd).

It's difficult to see them slowing down UF's offense, who is looking at another 300+ yard rushing day. I'd like to see the staff continue to work on the shaky passing game and getting AR calmed down and stepping into his throws. I think most of his accuracy problems are because he never sets his feet and his throws are all arm - I'm sure they've been working on that with him since day 1, but habits are hard to break.

Vandy is playing a running QB now, Mike Wright, who can make things happen on the ground - he had 126 yards rushing against UK. To me, this is the biggest concern - we have to contain him in the pocket.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's difficult to see them slowing down UF's offense, who is looking at another 300+ yard rushing day. I'd like to see the staff continue to work on the shaky passing game and getting AR calmed down and stepping into his throws. I think most of his accuracy problems are because he never sets his feet and his throws are all arm - I'm sure they've been working on that with him since day 1, but habits are hard to break.
Spot on with all of it. Has to get set and at some times take some of the mustard off of it. Two times yesterday to Pearsall if the throw had a little touch and both were slightly behind, perhaps he could have snagged those. But he has to get those throws on target regardless.

Vandy is playing a running QB now, Mike Wright, who can make things happen on the ground - he had 126 yards rushing against UK. To me, this is the biggest concern - we have to contain him in the pocket.
With how they've played the last two game I am seeing more discipline. And you are correct. All UF should do is simply "do your job". We've seen more of that over the last two games than at any time this year. The game plan should be pretty straight forward.

Run the ball
Keep AR involved in the Run Game
Run the ball
Work on the passing to improve
Run the ball
Play good Defense and do your job
Did I mention, run the ball??

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The running QB especially when breaking the pocket on a passing play is a huge issue for most teams and has always been a monster problem for UF, no matter the coaches, no matter the players. Marcus Randall during the Zook year comes to mind. Be that as it may this Vandy QB is not a good thrower, very similar to the shotput style that the Bama backup looks like. I would mush rush this QB on pass plays and beg him to throw. Be that as it may that is not how most coaches think, but it sure would be nice if UF had Harold Perkins keeping an eye on the running QB. That true frosh LB is better than any player we currently have on our D today. What could have been. But hey give credit to the LSU coaches.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will be there as well. Really looking forward to spending some time in Nashville again, we can’t seem to stay away.
The current forecast is really cold for Florida people so I am hoping that it warms up a little.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will be there as well. Really looking forward to spending some time in Nashville again, we can’t seem to stay away.
The current forecast is really cold for Florida people so I am hoping that it warms up a little.
Have fun. Been to Nashville twice in the past few months and the next time I go back it will be too soon. Way overcrowded and the infrastructure can't support the numbers there. I guess if you are not driving while there then it is okay. Broadway reminded me of the French Quarter, filled with homeless bums and beggars and the stench of urine, booze and vomit permeated the air.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Until yesterday, Vandy's only 3 wins were to Hawaii, Elon, and Northern Illinois (and the latter two were actually close games). They had lost 26 straight SEC games. It's hard to put into words how bad that loss was for Mark Stoops and the Wildcats. After their early hype, they have lost 4 of 6 and keep getting worse. No one is talking about Stoops being a hot coaching prospect anymore. He's where he belongs.

This Vandy defense gave up 45 points to Wake Forest, 55 to Alabama, 52 to Ole Miss, 55 to Georgia, and 38 to South Carolina. They have the 122nd ranked defense, giving up 458 yards per game (UF is 103rd).

Agreed
Many of us have stated that Stoops and Kentucky haven’t gotten a lot better as much as teams like Florida have fallen back to them. They have Georgia next week and they will be 6-5 afterwards while UF should be 7-4 and heading upward.

Hope you had fun Kentucky fan.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have fun. Been to Nashville twice in the past few months and the next time I go back it will be too soon. Way overcrowded and the infrastructure can't support the numbers there. I guess if you are not driving while there then it is okay. Broadway reminded me of the French Quarter, filled with homeless bums and beggars and the stench of urine, booze and vomit permeated the air.

Flying up there again.
Although I agree that Broadway is not as great as it used to be, I don’t think it’s anywhere near the French Quarter in any way at all.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Like Ox said Vandys QB had his second 100 yd rushing day and had a pretty td pass over the middle.
Who knows Vandy might actually have some fans show up after their big win.
Vandy will be a thorn in the ass but Gators will get the W

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Vandy in Nashville is always a quasi home game for UF. I hope we have another great turnout there and BN can remove the complacency funk that we usually see against this overmatched opponent.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Playing like we are now, we'd be 8 -2.
UK always seems to tank.
But we can’t look past Vandy.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Headed up Thursday. I’m only concerned about ball handling in cooler conditions. Turnovers are the only real risk. Gators win 35-20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.