Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's very safe to say Napier is nowhere near to being an elite game coach.
I would settle for competent right now. We have had such hot garbage for game coaching for going on 15 years that it has just become to be expected. I just want competent. You beat me to it @Joegator96 :fistbump:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Agree
That’s what we’re looking at.
Didn’t we make fun of the Noles for going to a bowl game with a losing record?

This is just infuriating.

I hope Richardson goes pro.
He’s terrible under stress, he’s horribly inconsistent and just no awareness for game management.
I want AR to be someone else’s headache next year too. He doesn’t have the smarts to play QB or the mental toughness. It seems like we always get 50% of what he’s capable of doing.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most frustrating part is I was really starting to be hopeful. You just can’t keep excusing this. We go into ‘24 shopping yet again. Incredible.

Not true.

All of us fans will be calling for the next coach in 2024 but Scottie is very slow to admit mistakes (Mullen, CMW,etc) and will holdout for a couple more seasons to ensure that any momentum in the program is lost.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not true.

All of us fans will be calling for the next coach in 2024 but Scottie is very slow to admit mistakes (Mullen, CMW,etc) and will holdout for a couple more seasons to ensure that any momentum in the program is lost.

He’ll neither be making the firing call or appointing the next. He’s 0 for 2 and will be gone as well. This was his attempt at winning back support.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Convo on firing Billy needs to start now. He isn't capable coaching championship football and recruits are starting to see it as well. Dude is just miserable

BuddyWyatt

Sep 17, 2018
If AR is not willing to use his legs, why is he playing? I have a hard time believing he’s a better passer than Kitna. At worst, Kitna could connect on a swing pass and make short throws.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
wheee GIF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll neither be making the firing call or appointing the next. He’s 0 for 2 and will be gone as well. This was his attempt at winning back support.

I hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does, I hope you are right and Sasse makes the move since he’s supposed to be a football guy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If AR is not willing to use his legs, why is he playing? I have a hard time believing he’s a better passer than Kitna. At worst, Kitna could connect on a swing pass and make short throws.
As a HC, if your QB's strength is his legs and the threat of his legs will make passing easier, than as HC you do not allow your QB to be unwilling to use his legs. Yes I understand read plays etc. but if you feel the QB is not willing well then you take the decision making out of his hands!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’ll at least give Napier another attempt with a different QB before I fire him, but he’s left a lot to be desired with in game coaching this year. I don’t want to see AR back next year, time to move on.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think the players took the week off because it was Vandy. I believe the coaches didn't gameplan to run AR because it was Vandy. Add the cold, new players sprinkled in and you get this bucket of schit. You always prepare and practice like you're playing the number one team in the country. If things go well one can always reel in when the game under control.

BuddyWyatt

Sep 17, 2018
As a HC, if your QB's strength is his legs and the threat of his legs will make passing easier, than as HC you do not allow your QB to be unwilling to use his legs. Yes I understand read plays etc. but if you feel the QB is not willing well then you take the decision making out of his hands!
Agreed, AR is a freak athlete however his performance over the season is a net negative since he hasn’t used his strengths on the regular. Billy should have fixed this already via play calls, QB change, or both. Time to to move on with a less athletic and more capable passer (and legit OC?) to run the offense.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
AR has had some good moments this season but throwing the ball 10 yards past the end zone on the last play is just incomprehensible. Run it. Throw it short. Anything beats throwing a totally uncatchable ball with time expiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.