Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GASPARILLA BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs UCF***

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The fact that f$u couldn’t beat our dumpster of a team this year doesn’t bode well for them, though their recruiting has picked up from a year ago.
Not going to get into the whole UCF thing. Until they actually prove something, the answer is "no."

Your point about FSU is a great one though. Last year was Norvell's "bump" class and it was 31st. This year he is sitting at #13; and that's in a year where both UF and scUM have fired their coaches. 2022 will be his "make or break" year. If he's outside the top 20 in recruiting and has a similar season to the first two, he'll be dead man walking.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
UCF has used a consistent strategy to get where they are. Get commitments from mid to high ranked 3stars early. If these same recruits were committed to Alabama. Florida or Georgia they would receive a bump to a 4star but because it's UCF they are stuck as a 3star and it keeps the wolf's away from the door. If the start holding spots for the big fish who commit later in the cycle it could or would bite them in the a$$.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
2022 will be his "make or break" year. If he's outside the top 20 in recruiting and has a similar season to the first two, he'll be dead man walking.

He'll be walking for awhile, though, probably. I think he'd still have a buyout north of $12m at the end of 2022 with his new extension, and the money won't be there unless they can beg Spanx lady to open her purse again.

Can we campaign our state senators to put in a law requiring lifetime tenure for FSU AD staff? It's been hilarious watching them botch every single thing they've done and drive their program to near bankruptcy in record time.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He'll be walking for awhile, though, probably. I think he'd still have a buyout north of $12m at the end of 2022 with his new extension, and the money won't be there unless they can beg Spanx lady to open her purse again.

Can we campaign our state senators to put in a law requiring lifetime tenure for FSU AD staff? It's been hilarious watching them botch every single thing they've done and drive their program to near bankruptcy in record time.
I agree that he’ll get a fourth year barring a catastrophe, but I suspect that’s all. As for the Spanx lady, supposedly her helping them out last time is urban legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.