Gator Basketball ***Official NCAA Tourney Round 1 Game Thread: UF vs VA Tech***

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch cause I had to work. But I'll give coach white credit. The fuker hasn't gone out in the first round yet I don't think.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Oral Roberts' speed will crank our guys toward better play?
I know that Appleby won't be throwing his head around like usual. = hope TA can play like 100%
Hope Payne is converted to the player he is capable of being and turns himself into a sharp responder -- rebounds, blocks & intimidations, and blocks.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Catleson was HUGE today. Good post presence and a hell of a block in the 4th quarter. Made some clutch FT’s too.

Offense finally had a rhythm in the 2nd half.

However, the inability to inbound the ball and some clunky possessions in the last few minutes minutes of regulation really shows White can’t create a play when it counts.

Hope Appleby’s brow heals. He took an elbow so bad, the Tech player’s elbow was injured. We’ll need his grit against OSU, I mean ORU....sorry Suck Nuts!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I was not very happy with AD and his missed FTs. Doesn’t excuse why we didn’t foul before they got off the tying 3 point attempt. That’s on the coach. That dunk did put a smile on my face, but then he missed the FT again.
We get to the Sweet 16 and I’m afraid we’re stuck with our loser coach for a while. :vomit:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow HUGE win for our Gators and basketball program. We just fought so hard and played so tough to win this game. VT favored in the game and no one thought we deserved a 7 seed and most experts picked VT to win in a dogfight but against all odds we pulled out the win. Castleton went beastmode with 19 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Mann with 14 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds but also the HUGE 3 point dagger to seal the game. Lewis showed out with 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. Great to see him have a great game and show up in prime time. Locke with a big 10 points on an array of drives and pull up shots something he has done all year long but gets discredited as only a 3 point shooter. Duriji steady with 9 points and 5 rebounds and that HUGE dunk in OT. These Gators just weren't given a chance by the experts and by a lot of Gators fans like myself but they hung tough. Any win in March is huge and you just survive and advance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
76020462eaa4b9.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We played a 10 seed. 10 seed and trailed the entire game until 5:00 left in the game. Get a 6 point lead with 2:30 left and squandered that to go to OT. Some of you act like we just beat a 1 or 2 seed. :facepalm: Oral Roberts might be a tough game.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am happy to see the Gators win, regardless of the coach. LOVE winning in March and the misery it causes some.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I know White isn't leaving now ... or in the near future. Still, we should keep an alumnus fraternization with Mike Miller. Check-in on his career now and then. Arrange for him to tutor some Gators now & then, esp. Duruji. Get Charles Barkley to tutor Jitiboh. :D

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oral Roberts shoots a ton of 3 pointers so we are going to have to really guard the 3 point line or else they would run us out of the gym running and gunning. They shot 35 vs OSU and made 11 so that is 35%. We are also going to have to rebound well and not give ORU 2nd chance opportunities. They don't play a ton of players so maybe we can wear them down with our size, length, and bench. They are a tough hard nosed team so we are going to have our hands full with them, 15 seed or not.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Oral Roberts shoots a ton of 3 pointers so we are going to have to really guard the 3 point line or else they would run us out of the gym running and gunning. They shot 35 vs OSU and made 11 so that is 35%. We are also going to have to rebound well and not give ORU 2nd chance opportunities. They don't play a ton of players so maybe we can wear them down with our size, length, and bench. They are a tough hard nosed team so we are going to have our hands full with them, 15 seed or not.

Their shooting is misleading. They have 2 guys that light it up....each had 5 threes. But the other 5 players that played were only 1-13 from three and only 6-25 overall...they don’t shoot well at all.
They rarely sub. The 2 shooters played every minute including OT. 4 of the 5 Starters played between 42-45 minutes each. Any foul trouble and there is a huge drop off. 7 man rotation.
Did not rebound well BUT they protect the ball real well....only 6 turnovers.

This would seem to be a perfect opportunity for our athletic players (Mann, Lewis, Payne to step up) and also to really establish Castleton in the paint.

I have not seen them play but I suspect a smart, fundamentally sound squad. We must Match their focus.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well the **** is setting up perfectly for Mike white to survive another round and be around another trip around the sun!
I hate to break it to you folks rooting against your own Gators, but we are going to be in a Sweet 16 nail-biter against the razorbacks next weekend. No way in hell we lose to a team whose school's name loosely translates to Bob the Pole Smoker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.