Gator Basketball ***Official NCAA Tourney Round 1 Game Thread: UF vs VA Tech***

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
First game in the first round. Get this **** done and over with. VT rolls, Strychnine gives White an extension.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't see ANY WAY we win this game or even keep it close. Its a total disaster but what we need to FIRE MW here soon hopefully. Can we shock the nation and fan base and win this game? I really don't see how VT isn't favored by 6-8 points.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look and analyze the $3-million dollar product White puts on the floor to represent the University of Florida. ??
Compare White to these lower echelon tournament coaches.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I don't see ANY WAY we win this game or even keep it close. Its a total disaster but what we need to FIRE MW here soon hopefully. Can we shock the nation and fan base and win this game? I really don't see how VT isn't favored by 6-8 points.
I think it should be win or die for Mike White.
Win one game, you can keep your job. You're not fired.
Win two games, we'll forget about how disappointed we've been. Clean slate.
Win three games, we'll give you an extension and maybe a raise.
Make it to the final four, we get a banner. You win. Best coach since Billy D.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
VT is the better team but they've only played one game since Feb 27th which was a loss during the ACC tourney. This is going to be a very sloppy game given the layoff and the recent offensive issues which have plagues White since his arrival.

WiredG8R

Jun 6, 2020
Let’s see if Tre Mann can score 60 points for us, he seems to be the only one interested in producing right now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
A 7 seed? I’d ask who UF paid off, but we are cheap bastards. So, how did this happen?
2012. Finished 2nd in the SEC with a 10-6 conference record and ranked #25. Get a 7 seed. Team is pissed off and get to the Elite 8.

How this team got a 7? No idea. But they won't get to the elite 8.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
2012. Finished 2nd in the SEC with a 10-6 conference record and ranked #25. Get a 7 seed. Team is pissed off and get to the Elite 8.

How this team got a 7? No idea. But they won't get to the elite 8.

Perhaps they'll play pissed off they didn't get the 12 seed they feel they earned? Maybe get blown out in the opening round to prove the point?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we fold like a tent in a hurricane!

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
is it just me or is this season just a mess? Florida was on a roll beating some really good teams.. They killed Tennessee, beat West Virginia then a layoff with covid kinda killed our flow.. Looking at other teams schedules it seems this occurring basically with everyone. Everyone is big on Bama, but they were a disaster at one point losing to some really crudy teams. Picking these games is basically just random as can be I'm surprised experts can even figure this stuff out when these games are so random and which team is going to show up? Covid and long layoffs with teams its hard to tell what is going on... I'm guessing its more of what have you showed me lately is how you pick these games.. How do we get back to playing like we did against West Virginia? We seemed have something there...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Gator players, now it's elimination-time ... so eliminate stupid dribbling, telegraphed slow passing, etc.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Quit posting.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hinkle Fieldhouse at Butler U.? Isn't that where Jimmy Chitwood rose up and made a last second jumper to send the real life Milan High School to the Indiana High School Championship in the 1950's?

For the record, it’s where Bobby Plumb made a last second jumper for Milan High School and Jimmy Chitwood for the imaginary Hickory High School.

Just sayin

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You can always count on a few to blame the piss poor performance on something other than what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.