Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to see, but I don't know exactly how these NIL deals work. I'm guessing we are paying him way more than he's worth and I don't know what either party's rights are to get out of it.

I agree with you.
Kugel was the beneficiary of the beginning of NIL with UF basketball and I am sure that he is being paid way more than he’s worth based upon his actual performance versus his projected performance this season.

Just like Kowacie Reeves the year before, it seems like a strong NIL deal results in performance regression.

As you stated, the question is whether or not NIL deals require annual renewal by both parties because it would be difficult to justify giving him top dollar versus spreading it around to better players.

I don’t dislike Kugel, like some seem to, I just can’t understand how his game could deteriorate so quickly. I would like to think that he could put it all together again but I agree that it’s unlikely.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t dislike Kugel, like some seem to, I just can’t understand how his game could deteriorate so quickly. I would like to think that he could put it all together again but I agree that it’s unlikely.
I think that Kugel is very good with isolation basketball. If he gets one on one, he can be devastating. But anytime there’s help defense, he turns it over. He is a below average passer, so when he gets caught in a double team, he cannot pass his way out.

He’s a pretty elite defender. If he would just play defense and rebound, he would be a good player. Like Rodman. But Rodman was a pretty elite passer. I don’t know whether he could remain on the court even as an elite defender because if the ball ever goes into his hands it’s almost always a turnover.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think that Kugel is very good with isolation basketball. If he gets one on one, he can be devastating. But anytime there’s help defense, he turns it over. He is a below average passer, so when he gets caught in a double team, he cannot pass his way out.

He’s a pretty elite defender. If he would just play defense and rebound, he would be a good player. Like Rodman. But Rodman was a pretty elite passer. I don’t know whether he could remain on the court even as an elite defender because if the ball ever goes into his hands it’s almost always a turnover.
I don’t agree on the passing completely. He’s reckless and takes too many chances and sometimes zips it from too close so his teammates can’t find the handle but he has good vision seeing angles others might not. With a little restraint and getting his confidence back he can be a good starting 2 guard but unfortunately it looks like it’s going to be somewhere else.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Another liability in his game is closing his shot.
Riley can make a quick move and get past the defender only to botch a layup or a dunk.

I’ve never seen a player that struggles with the easiest part of the move.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Another liability in his game is closing his shot.
Riley can make a quick move and get past the defender only to botch a layup or a dunk.

I’ve never seen a player that struggles with the easiest part of the move.
Really? Detroitgator says, "You've never seen me play..."
Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Rodman's bball IQ was completely under rated. He was one of the smartest guys on the court. Even when kicking the cameraman.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t agree on the passing completely. He’s reckless and takes too many chances and sometimes zips it from too close so his teammates can’t find the handle but he has good vision seeing angles others might not. With a little restraint and getting his confidence back he can be a good starting 2 guard but unfortunately it looks like it’s going to be somewhere else.
That’s a really good point

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Kugel haters have find another whipping boy.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
No surprise there. Dude was mentally checked out all season. Hopefully we end up hearing about what was going on. He will probably go be a star somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator