*******Official Orange and Blue Game Thread**********

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n208091 said:
Yes and the time that Harris had to go home did not help him either. But If you're getting the reps with the 1's, you must be leading the race. I really see Grier distancing himself in fall drills. Perhaps Mac will name a stater mid way through fall practice rather than game week. But I do see Harris getting on the field too. And he needs to be ready.
I would add that Grier has been getting the reps with the 1s mainly because Mac has tape of Harris playing last year, he needs to see what Grier can and cannot do. Grier does fit Mac's idea of what he wants out of a QB better than Harris, but we won't see a duncechamp mistake of sticking with Grier if he is struggling, As we saw from Mac at bama, he uses a game manager, doesn't depend on Heisman candidate to sling it all over to win games.

Dec 10, 2014
I dunno. I'm not sure I'm sold on Coach Mac. Muschamp was on the cusp of beating a really good USC/FSU/LSU teams last year. I just think we should have given him another year.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208429 said:
I dunno. I'm not sure I'm sold on Coach Mac. Muschamp was on the cusp of beating a really good USC/FSU/LSU teams last year. I just think we should have given him another year.

:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody have a link to the O&B game or some highlight footage?
I didn't get to watch and would at least like to get my 'fix'.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n208433 said:

Yes looking for it too. My DVR shat the bed like Muschump and didn't tape. Next time it is on is Wednesday around 5am or so on SEC Network if you can find it before then.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

:banned:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n208433 said:

WatchESPN app
select
sport; football; replay; florida spring game
--
Many replays available from around the country and SEC.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

:cry2::headshake::kiffin::headslap::crazy::beating::ban::nutswinger::boom:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the replay and think Grier looked better than I realized. There were two plays that showed his ability as a gamer. One was the bad snap that he reeled in while a free d-lineman charged in, he threw a perfect strike in a tight window to Dixon. The ball was not caught, but that's not the point. The other was the throw up the right sideline to TE Lewis. The rush came in quick off the edge, Grier stepped up and drifted to the open area and delivered a ball to the back shoulder of the target. It appears his ceiling his higher than the others, let's just hope he can be consistent as well.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n208749 said:
I watched the replay and think Grier looked better than I realized. There were two plays that showed his ability as a gamer. One was the bad snap that he reeled in while a free d-lineman charged in, he threw a perfect strike in a tight window to Dixon. The ball was not caught, but that's not the point. The other was the throw up the right sideline to TE Lewis. The rush came in quick off the edge, Grier stepped up and drifted to the open area and delivered a ball to the back shoulder of the target. It appears his ceiling his higher than the others, let's just hope he can be consistent as well.
Guy and Morningwood were basically wasted snaps.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I think Muschamp should have been given life.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pat you just lost all credibility with me bro.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was 7-9 for 130 yards. One of those incompletions was a drop. He pretty much did what he was supposed to. How much better could he have done? One more completion?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n208894 said:
Grier was 7-9 for 130 yards. One of those incompletions was a drop. He pretty much did what he was supposed to. How much better could he have done? One more completion?

2 were dropped, although only one should have been caught. The other would've been a really good catch.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n208891 said:
Pat you just lost all credibility with me bro.

:bsmeter: t-gator, yours is broken !

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n208894 said:

Maybe had some more realistic throws without a vanilla defense. Do you think those quick passes will work good when the SEC teams we play have 8 in the box bringing the heat. No they won't and it will probably be more similar to when Grier went 1 of 8 in the red zone in practice when the defense was allowed to blitz the QB. It probably doesn't matter however as him and Harris both will probably be half dead by mid season with the O line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quick passes are exactly what you throw when the D loads the box.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n209282 said:
Quick passes are exactly what you throw when the D loads the box.

Exactly. What matters is how accurate the pass,or did the receiver catch it in stride. Most importantly, was the right target selected.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209038 said:
Maybe had some more realistic throws without a vanilla defense. Do you think those quick passes will work good when the SEC teams we play have 8 in the box bringing the heat. No they won't and it will probably be more similar to when Grier went 1 of 8 in the red zone in practice when the defense was allowed to blitz the QB. It probably doesn't matter however as him and Harris both will probably be half dead by mid season with the O line.

Calm down, Fever. Grier is the better QB, it's okay to be wrong. Harris will look good holding the clipboard and finishing the games the oline gets Grier killed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator