Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's embarrassing are the people who seem to think it's no big deal and easily overcome to have a class with 7.5 guys, three weeks away from NSD. You do realize we actually need players to play games, right? And in the case of our o-line, we are literally counting on the signees from THIS class to actually be able to hold a real practice, let alone field 5 guys who can block in games.

We're all staring at something that none of us have ever seen in our modern memory of following UF football, where NOBODY seems to want to play for us. Want more? One of our 3 o-line recruits, Mike Horton, has said his visit to UF over the weekend was "about an 8" (on a scale of 10) and that he has decided to visit, wait for it, Tennessee this weekend. Keep in mind, a vast majority of kids overstate how good their visits are, out of politeness, even if they thought it stunk. So, I'm not taking "about an 8" followed by "going to Tennessee" this weekend as a positive.

I keep waiting and hoping something turns this around.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be the worst class in probably 30+ years(probably since they started ranking the classes). Is it really that much of a surprise after a 4-8 season? This is the culmination of a lot of bad coaching from Will Muschamp. He was probably the worst coach in our history. Foley hired one of the best and one of the worst. Weird.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know transition classes are typically bad...but so far this is a whole new level of suck.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will basically be playing on probation for the next couple of years if we don't absolutely own signing day.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n154492 said:
I've resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be the worst class in probably 30+ years(probably since they started ranking the classes). Is it really that much of a surprise after a 4-8 season?.

Yes, to me it is a surprise. And we weren't 4-8 last year, we were 7-5. Tennessee had a 4-year stretch of 20-29, three missed bowl games, two really bad coaching searches, and through all that, they never finished below #21. How about Penn State? I'd say the Sandusky/Paterno scandal and ensuing sanctions was a helluva lot more damaging than "4-8" but Penn State finished 35th in recruiting the same year Paterno resigned. 60 spots ahead of where we currently reside.

There is no plausible excuse for this.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n154493 said:
I know transition classes are typically bad...but so far this is a whole new level of suck.

To be honest...this class would have been awful even with Muschamp staying. Not much we can do about it now. That ship sailed long ago.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The Original DC;n154491 said:
What's embarrassing are the people who seem to think it's no big deal and easily overcome to have a class with 7.5 guys, three weeks away from NSD. You do realize we actually need players to play games, right? And in the case of our o-line, we are literally counting on the signees from THIS class to actually be able to hold a real practice, let alone field 5 guys who can block in games.

We're all staring at something that none of us have ever seen in our modern memory of following UF football, where NOBODY seems to want to play for us. Want more? One of our 3 o-line recruits, Mike Horton, has said his visit to UF over the weekend was "about an 8" (on a scale of 10) and that he has decided to visit, wait for it, Tennessee this weekend. Keep in mind, a vast majority of kids overstate how good their visits are, out of politeness, even if they thought it stunk. So, I'm not taking "about an 8" followed by "going to Tennessee" this weekend as a positive.

:eek:hnoes2:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n154497 said:
To be honest...this class would have been awful even with Muschamp staying. Not much we can do about it now. That ship sailed long ago.
Why would you even entertain such a notion?

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
i'm glad muschy is gone but, if he had stayed Cowart, CeCe, and Holland are already in this class and this class is huge. Hell, he promised holland he wouldn't take a lb in last years class...that's why we are in this position and now we may not get any of the 3. don't get me wrong, i'm glad he's gone but, our class would be tremendous right now if he had been retained.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Original DC;n154491 said:

I am fairly certain that your panic will not effect the outcome. However, your composure will assure everyone that you have matured.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154509 said:
i'm glad muschy is gone but, if he had stayed Cowart, CeCe, and Holland are already in this class and this class is huge. Hell, he promised holland he wouldn't take a lb in last years class...that's why we are in this position and now we may not get any of the 3. don't get me wrong, i'm glad he's gone but, our class would be tremendous right now if he had been retained.
I can guarantee you it wasn't his plan to not sign a LB to try to get Holland this year. He told Holland that after he knew he wasn't signing a LB.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154509 said:

My beef isn't just that we may miss the big three or four, it's that we aren't even finding and bringing in the marginal type 3-star guys who can be developed. Hell, give me a class full of McCallister's and Trip Thurman's who may not be ready now, but will become solid players over time. Did none of these coaches have coattails with recruits? Shannon? Collins? Nussmeir? McElwain himself? We're reading about all these studs following Muschamp, and we've got an entire staff of new guys who evidently didn't have ANYONE willing to follow them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154509 said:
i'm glad muschy is gone but, if he had stayed Cowart, CeCe, and Holland are already in this class and this class is huge
Sorry but adding two DEs when what you need is 10-12 offensive linemen (w jucos and transfers) and basically every position except DE and DBs wouldnt make it HUGE.

Honestly I can imagine any way to fvkk up a program if you deliberately tried. The fact that all the offensive recruits say Dawgshiit never even contacted them says it all.

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
GatorInKnox;n154512 said:
I can guarantee you it wasn't his plan to not sign a LB to try to get Holland this year. He told Holland that after he knew he wasn't signing a LB.
He did promise holland that early on. i believe after the whole mike davis fiasco he didn't want to risk losing Holland the way he did davis.

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
The Original DC;n154513 said:
My beef isn't just that we may miss the big three or four, it's that we aren't even finding and bringing in the marginal type 3-star guys who can be developed. Hell, give me a class full of McCallister's and Trip Thurman's who may not be ready now, but will become solid players over time. Did none of these coaches have coattails with recruits? Shannon? Collins? Nussmeir? McElwain himself? We're reading about all these studs following Muschamp, and we've got an entire staff of new guys who evidently didn't have ANYONE willing to follow them.
Agreed DC. it is unnerving that here we are 2 weeks before nsd and we have 8 recruits with the possibility of a couple leaving and nothing positive in sight. it's like bizzaro world right now...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Av bet people. Take it.

It it doesn't matter how many commits we have right now, it matters how many we have Feb 4th.

We we will be fine, let this play out!

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
I hope you're right jay. no matter how many stars this will be an historical run if we sign near a full class with only 2 weeks left

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n154496 said:
Yes, to me it is a surprise. And we weren't 4-8 last year, we were 7-5. Tennessee had a 4-year stretch of 20-29, three missed bowl games, two really bad coaching searches, and through all that, they never finished below #21. How about Penn State? I'd say the Sandusky/Paterno scandal and ensuing sanctions was a helluva lot more damaging than "4-8" but Penn State finished 35th in recruiting the same year Paterno resigned. 60 spots ahead of where we currently reside.

There is no plausible excuse for this.

I know what our record was last year. 4-8 was going to come home to roost at some point. It is now. Foley isn't getting enough grief. He really screwed the pooch on this one.

Muschamp was toxic and the worst coach in our history. We will be paying(not just money) for that loser for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.