Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n159336 said:
I think Muschamp has damaged our brand far more than we would all like to admit. For four years these guys have watched us play horrible football and it may take more than one month of a guy telling them the times have changed to believe it. Some recruits may need to see it and that may mean we loose some guys this year. My biggest concern would be to get as many offensive lineman as possible, regardless of the stars, and coach them up. As much as it would be nice to get the DE's, you can't win without a solid O-Line and QB. A DE has never changed a program around and single handily won a team a title. Do we need a good Defense to compliment the O, yes, but one guy will not win or loose us a title on that side of the ball when you have smart coaches that can scheme around them. I think we will compete well with the talent we have here now and could still win the east next year based on what is returning, as long as we get some depth on the line. That would be enough to get us moving forward with the knowledge that in two years we are going to have a real down year based on this class not being very good, but everything behind it should be back to where it is supposed to be.

Great post...you should do it more.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n159336 said:
I think Muschamp has damaged our brand far more than we would all like to admit. For four years these guys have watched us play horrible football and it may take more than one month of a guy telling them the times have changed to believe it. Some recruits may need to see it and that may mean we loose some guys this year. My biggest concern would be to get as many offensive lineman as possible, regardless of the stars, and coach them up. As much as it would be nice to get the DE's, you can't win without a solid O-Line and QB. A DE has never changed a program around and single handily won a team a title. Do we need a good Defense to compliment the O, yes, but one guy will not win or loose us a title on that side of the ball when you have smart coaches that can scheme around them. I think we will compete well with the talent we have here now and could still win the east next year based on what is returning, as long as we get some depth on the line. That would be enough to get us moving forward with the knowledge that in two years we are going to have a real down year based on this class not being very good, but everything behind it should be back to where it is supposed to be.

Agree that this is a great post. I also think if we follow this year up with a very good recruiting class we can reduce the damage. If we get studs that can play early it might not hurt us as much as we think. I also agree that the OL is the biggest priority. If we get Ivey and co, that will help a ton.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n159253 said:
Anyone that doesn't believe we floated an offer of just over 4 million to Freeze through a 3rd party is crazy imo. That is why that stuff was all over the place just like it was when we moved to McElwain. I do agree Freeze probably just wanted to stay at Ole Miss however as long as he got that raise. I doubt if we even offered 500K+ more would he have came here.
Because there were rumors makes it true? There were also rumors of Stoops, Kelly, SOS, etc.. Were all those true, as well? Give me a fuggin break with this money BS until you can offer some PROOF. Just look at the buyout we paid to get Mac and tell me how cheap we are.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n159375 said:
We start out with 8 wins if we improve our offense slightly. If we get Ivey and the rest of the OL lines, we are talking 9 or 10 wins.

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE-WIN

Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA-WIN
Sept. 19 at Kentucky-WIN
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE-WIN
Oct. 3 OLE MISS
Oct. 10 at Missouri-WIN
Oct. 17 at LSU
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT-WIN
Nov. 14 at South Carolina
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC-WIN
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE-WIN
Counting Missouri a win? They've kicked the sh!t out of us the last 2 years and almost beat us at home in 2012

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
T REX;n159358 said:
Great post...you should do it more.

Would love to post more, but between work and a two year old that doesn't stop moving when I'm home i spend most of my time on the mobile site and have given up posting from there.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I could see a win over Ole Piss right now more than a win over UT...the Voles are going to be good. I know they have been saying that for the past 3 years but they should be pretty tuff the next two years.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n159381 said:
Counting Missouri a win? They've kicked the sh!t out of us the last 2 years and almost beat us at home in 2012
Believe it or not I think Tennessee is our toughest game next year.

But of course we win.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Gatoravatara;n159375 said:
We start out with 8 wins if we improve our offense slightly. If we get Ivey and the rest of the OL lines, we are talking 9 or 10 wins.

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE-WIN

Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA-WIN
Sept. 19 at Kentucky-WIN
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE-WIN
Oct. 3 OLE MISS
Oct. 10 at Missouri-WIN
Oct. 17 at LSU
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT-WIN
Nov. 14 at South Carolina
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC-WIN
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE-WIN

Agreed. If we could have gotten any amount of descent QB and WR play last year we would have won FSU, SC, & LSU. The bama game would have been closer and even missouri may have been closer, or a win, if not for a total disaster on O and special teams. This team is close, but needs the right direction. If we get any type of down field threat in our offense our backs will have a huge year. Once recruits see us going in that direction the only way we won't get solid recruits is to just not try.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n159387 said:
Believe it or not I think Tennessee is our toughest game next year.

But of course we win.

i think its lsu,, we always seem to find away to shi! ourselves when we play them

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
dubster1;n159395 said:
i think its lsu,, we always seem to find away to shi! ourselves when we play them
True. But they have no QB. They'll be a lot of teams with new QB's on our schedule next year. I like the Dobbs kid at UT.

Queue Alvin any minute

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I think the spring game will be our toughest game man! We have to play in their stadium, against a new coach, with all that talent like the stud redshirt freshman QB. Every game after that looks like a cakewalk, like the ACC.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n159400 said:
True. But they have no QB. They'll be a lot of teams with new QB's on our schedule next year. I like the Dobbs kid at UT.

Queue Alvin any minute

you're right,, they didnt have one this year either and we still shi! ourselves in the endzone throwing to a defensive lineman

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
vols always shi! themselves when they see the gator helmets. i expect the same next year

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Honestly, these 3* recruits should be jumping at the first chance to get on this team. We're down and it's only a matter of time until we right this ship. They wouldn't get this chance if it wasn't for our recent results which means the opportunity is ripe for the taking. Sign with a big program and make a name for yourself where you'll get more exposure than anywhere else you would have gone.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'm a twitter junkie like some of these others and I'm almost tempted to start posting tweets as quickly as possible just so we can turn this into the Adam Schefter / Jay Glazer / Ian Rapoport type of who posted it first war!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.