Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Continued...

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-s...-stretch-run-8

New commit at end of last thread:

williston_gator;n164584 said:
@AlligatorArmy: Our writeup on Richerd Desir-Jones flipping to the #Gators from FIU. #GetSomeFIU http://sbnation.com/e/7721534 http://twitter.com/AlligatorArmy/sta...306369/photo/1

@LukeStampini: Florida now has the nation's No. 69 ranked class in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings. http://florida.247sports.com/Board/1...kings-35236246 #UF #Gators

Attachments

• conv_2192.png
    conv_2192.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 53

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n164625 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: Some senior highlights of new #Gators OL commit Richerd Desir-Jones. Running behind him — #UF target Jordan Scarlett. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2816332/highlights/188208378
Aquinas kid. Played against the top competition. Id take him over ANY Cali (or other state with questionable competition) 4 or 5 star. Welcome aboard, Gator.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Originally posted by ufgator2002 View Post
Yes it is an exaggeration. The young man looked at other options and instead chose to do the honorable thing and stick with his first commitment.
Law you said this in response to my post

"It wasn't just about Clark. Clark stayed with a great coach on a team that wont be fighting for last in the SEC.

It was Dillon leaving and Horton waivering. Losing the kids to Vandy, Kintucky, UCF, and Syracuse. We may not land 10 commits.

Don't act like any one of you thought this is what would happen two months ago.
"

And this Law is exactly the point brother... we all knew this would be an uphill climb for recruits this year, we all had resigned ourselves to realize that was a huge possibility. Man it just seems like you, even though you just said it, somehow had convinced yourself if we did not have this good to great class it would be the end of the world. At least most of your posts lately have sounded that way. If we did somehow come out with a good to great class that would be HUGE for us, but everyone realized we may not with him coming in so late in the game. It is what it is man, just take a deep breath and cross your fingers and hope for the best man. Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals now has us in a dead heat with Army. All kidding aside I think we will end up around # 25 when all is said and done.

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n164646 said:
Rivals now has us in a dead heat with Army. All kidding aside I think we will end up around # 25 when all is said and done.

I noticed that, but also noticed it says Army has 49 commits. Just curious -- what's the deal with that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont care about final rankings at all. Next year, maybe. We need OL and a few LBs. Nothing else matters.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain is a successful person with a positive attitude and outlook on life...and he positively affects the lives of the people around him. I don't care what the ranking of this class is...he will have a positive impact on these kids, get them to buy into the program, and right the ship of Gator Football. IMHO. There will be bumps in the road...but I really think we are going to proud to have him as a Gator.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Originally posted by The Original DC View Post
Adding Desir-Jones moved us up 11 spots on Rivals rankings. The bad news is, we're still 90th.
Hey, 90 isn't too bad! 90... Say that's a little bit better than our offensive rankings over the past couple of years!

We are 69th on the team rankings now on 247 and scout

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What I like most about this kid is he's seems to be truly grateful to be a gator.

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
Also, I have a question for those of you that have been following recruiting much closer than I have...

2015 aside -- I'm talking about our previous WM classes that were actually ranked top 10 -- how good a job did that staff do at getting early commits compared to other top programs those years. e.g. getting a 2013 or 2014 commit in 2012.

When I read about the sky falling because we can't turn the class around in a month, this I what I keep thinking about. Recruting isn't just a season any more. Even when flipping a guy from a school like 'Cuse, which to us seems like a no-brainer, we're really competing with relationships that have been 2 or 3 years in the making. So I guess that's why I'm asking...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
beaniemonk;n164650 said:
I noticed that, but also noticed it says Army has 49 commits. Just curious -- what's the deal with that?

I does show that many names - maybe they can take as many as they want since everyone is on scholarship or something.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
beaniemonk;n164659 said:
Also, I have a question for those of you that have been following recruiting much closer than I have...

2015 aside -- I'm talking about our previous WM classes that were actually ranked top 10 -- how good a job did that staff do at getting early commits compared to other top programs those years. e.g. getting a 2013 or 2014 commit in 2012.

When I read about the sky falling because we can't turn the class around in a month, this I what I keep thinking about. Recruting isn't just a season any more. Even when flipping a guy from a school like 'Cuse, which to us seems like a no-brainer, we're really competing with relationships that have been 2 or 3 years in the making. So I guess that's why I'm asking...

Yes, it is about relationships and opportunities. Regrettably, some posters on this board are not familiar with those concepts.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While Richerd Desir-Jones is perhaps not the biggest recruit, it does give us depth and a grip on SFL, which could pay big dividends in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator