Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Next weekend is supposed to be a big recruiting weekend. Lots of names on campus. Hopefully someone daggum commits already.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey commits next weekend. I'm calling it!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MistaAlderman: I am told #Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins will drop by the school of #Alabama commit Adonis Thomas on Thursday

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need a last three week push like nobody in college football has ever seen. We're all on Ivey, Scarlett, Jefferson, Cowart, Holland watch, among others. And any dudes who are 6 '3ish, 300lbs'ish and will say yes to playing o-line for Florida.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that the staff we have now (except the WR coach, who could help pull in some very needed bodies) should make all recruits realize that Florida will be contenders very soon. They will be coached up and developed to the best of their abilities.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
t-gator;n150600 said:
I hate that we have to go down to the wire

Doesn't everyone have to go down to the wire? Recruits and colleges? I mean that's why it's called "signing" day, right? There can't be an enforceable contract - verbal or otherwise - until NSD. Coaches can withdraw offers down to the wire, too.
I don't follow recruiting usually, so I'd be curious to hear from some of you recruiting experts whether or not there tends to be much of a shake up in the expectation as things come down to the wire.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n150646 said:
Doesn't everyone have to go down to the wire? Recruits and colleges? I mean that's why it's called "signing" day, right? There can't be an enforceable contract - verbal or otherwise - until NSD. Coaches can withdraw offers down to the wire, too.
I don't follow recruiting usually, so I'd be curious to hear from some of you recruiting experts whether or not there tends to be much of a shake up in the expectation as things come down to the wire.

ideally I'm sure they'd like to have all the needs filled already. Atleast with verbal commitments. I was saying I hate that we're in the situation that our class is relying on what happens on signing day. Basically we're behind the eight ball because of a coaching transition.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hate being negative, but there is just no way put it other than this recruiting class is going to be a disaster. Sure, we'll land a few high profile guys but it's the numbers that are going to suck. We need players that have genuine SEC talent and lots of them. If we end up with a bunch of filler players and "serviceable" JUCO transfers it will put our return to contention back at least a year.

We don't even have enough OL bodies to run a freakin' practice, forget compete against teams in the SEC. We have three guys who have played in a game on our entire OL depth chart. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, etc. are three deep at each position on their depth chart.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
"Because of a coaching transition" is being generous. We're behind the 8-ball because Muschamp. I really liked that Mac indicated in his press conference that he will have a system of anticipating needs. It takes process engineering to maintain a balanced roster year after year. Signing day is a BFD this year for sure because we have big gaps left behind. We have talent, just not talent at all positions.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;150646 said:

The vast majority that commit during the year stick on signing day. It's pretty rare for a true flip out of the blue on signing day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hogtown, I like your process engineering term. If Coach Mac is the CEO I think he'll get that engineering started
right away.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Retweeted on Twitter from Luther Campbell .... @unclelukereal1: My sources says University of Miami will lose StThomas running back to Randy Shannon University of Florida.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n150664 said:
I hate being negative, but there is just no way put it other than this recruiting class is going to be a disaster. Sure, we'll land a few high profile guys but it's the numbers that are going to suck. We need players that have genuine SEC talent and lots of them. If we end up with a bunch of filler players and "serviceable" JUCO transfers it will put our return to contention back at least a year.

We don't even have enough OL bodies to run a freakin' practice, forget compete against teams in the SEC. We have three guys who have played in a game on our entire OL depth chart. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, etc. are three deep at each position on their depth chart.
This is exactly why muschamp needed to go last year...foley gambled and lost big time and we're going to suffer for it. Not trying to keep beating a dead horse but we have to at this point...we are in trouble and it will take several years to overcome that horrendous mistake to keep muschamp for a 4th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb