Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NavetG8r;n152319 said:
I think more along the lines of this: Big Mac can take a 3 star and coach him up to perform better than a 5 star coached by Muschamp.

Yes! Nicely said.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n152318 said:
This is me being optimistic. Mac seems like the type of coach who can take a 3 star kid and turn him into a 5 star.
Possibly. But next year the state of Florida is just as loaded and I think staff is gonna kill it in recruiting next year. If we add 3-4 more o-linemen and atleast 2-3 linebackers, we'll be ok numbers wise. And next year we'll probably have a a crazy good class. If we get our qb situation figured out,we're gonna be a good team next year. Results on the field are what matters and fsu is not going to be very good next year

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I actually looked at my weather app to check the weather in Auburn today and this weekend...checking for hopefully big storm or snow or something. lol. Shocker...its sunny and beautiful all weekend long.:swampqueen:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As long as the targets still come to visit UF after Auburn we are in decent shape. I'm not looking for these kids to commit until after all of their visits... then we got a shot at them. If we could get a couple kids to commit after this weekend it would be very helpful.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to know what muschamp could say about Florida? How could he bash the university that gave him his first head coaching gig? Not only did we make him extremely wealthy, we're still paying him 2 mil a year. The athletic department gave him plenty of chances. I understand it's a business and I don't know everything that's being said but there's obviously some validity there. Is there no integrity? I thought we gave him an extra year because he was a"good guy"?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy is coaching for another team now. I hold no ill will towards him for recruiting against just like I hold nothing against Meyer when he does it also.

There are plenty of things to hate WM for, but recruiting against us is not one of them, IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n152332 said:
He fooled a lot of us t.
I guess so. Too be honest I think we upgraded our defensive staff anyways. If we have to eat this class,so be it. It should help us in the long run. We've got plenty of young talent that needs to be developed. Maybe we'll be able to get off the field on 3rd and long next year

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n152333 said:
The guy is coaching for another team now. I hold no ill will towards him for recruiting against just like I hold nothing against Meyer when he does it also.

There are plenty of things to hate WM for, but recruiting against us is not one of them, IMO.

I don't have a problem with him targeting our recruits. What I have a problem with is him bashing the school that gave him his first HC gig AND gave him an extra year that he shouldn't have been given. If anything, he should be kissing UF's butt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n152333 said:

Recruiting against us,I have no problem with. It's his job. Painting a bad picture of uf and it's football program as a selling point is bush league. He was treated and paid very well and given everything he needed to succeed. There should be no ill will on his part

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n152335 said:
I don't have a problem with him targeting our recruits. What I have a problem with is him bashing the school that gave him his first HC gig AND gave him an extra year that he shouldn't have been given. If anything, he should be kissing UF's butt.

Meyer did the same thing when he called our program broken. If recruits are dumb enough to fall for WM bashing us when he was just the coach for UF, then let them go somewhere else.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n152336 said:
GatorCountry.com ‏@GatorCountry 52m52 minutes ago
#Florida offered TE Jared Pinkney a scholarship and now he will visit UF soon. Find out more about him here http://ow.ly/HsagZ

6-4, 220 lbs and plays WR for his HS... McElwain and Nord made such a good impression on Pinkney that he has now moved up his Florida official and eliminated another SEC east team.
“I’m going to Vanderbilt this weekend and I was suppose go to Missouri after that but I’m probably not going to go up there anymore,” Pinkney said. “I’m probably going to put Florida on the 23rd instead of the 30th. I would like to make a decision shortly after that visit is over.”

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why are we trying to add a 3rd tight end to this class

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n152342 said:
Why are we trying to add a 3rd tight end to this class

WM was big on DBs, Big Mac is big on TEs?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can take 25 new recruits each year. As long as we have 25 open schollys next year after graduations and early NFL guys (VH3), we should take all we can get this year. Even if we have to take 3 stars to do it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least our boys aren't giving up
D.SHARPE ‏@Sharpe_Theory 15m15 minutes agoGainesville, FL
@ByronHawkStar99 and @cecejeferson7 Might as well stop playing And Come Get this Work!!!!!
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
#BestOfTheBest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays