Votes: 7 14.0%
  • UF wins by 1 or more

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
We Beat Bama, Trask wins the Heisman; we don't, Jones wins the Heisman.
We play defense like we have been, and don't have any success running the ball, we are screeewed...
Cousin Eddie is not a mean SOB who takes no prisoners, unlike Nick, who will jam the game down our throats from the opening kick to the final gun. We have no cajones when it come to finishing, that's tackling, discipline, and just plain meanness...however, GO GATORS

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We Beat Bama, Trask wins the Heisman; we don't, Jones wins the Heisman.
We play defense like we have been, and don't have any success running the ball, we are screeewed...
Cousin Eddie is not a mean SOB who takes no prisoners, unlike Nick, who will jam the game down our throats from the opening kick to the final gun. We have no cajones when it come to finishing, that's tackling, discipline, and just plain meanness...however, GO GATORS

Whether "Cousin Eddy" is a mean SOB has nothing to do with the Bamma game. We won't be in the position to Jam anything down their throats. We could win. It's not likely but s.h.i.t. happens. If we do it will be close.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
In a lot of ways, This team reminds me of the 2006 team.
Leak the accurate passer and finding the right guys to throw too.
Tebow the runner.
A lot of close games.
Two 1 point wins and a loss at Auburn.

For sure, the defense wasn’t as bad as current but, for some reason, offense is the name of the game this year.

Still, there were a lot of games I spent screaming at the TV or was asked to please watch my language in the Swamp.

We had beaten Bama that year early and beat Arkansas in the SECCG.

To the present, Hell, I really didn’t think we would beat Ga.
We did, soundly.
We blocked their all world talented D line, We ran effectively, we passed Against their 5 star all world D backfield and scored.We stopped their run, after the first qtr., and harassed their QB , against their all world 5 star 3 deep Offensive line.
Granted, they did have a couple of injuries that could have helped but, we beat their ass.

I keep hearing Herbstreit proclaiming Florida can’t play with Bama , but Georgia can.

Well, we beat Ga.

Is it possible with Covid, an all SEC schedule and the overall climate in this country right now that our guys are simply, tired?
Mentally and physically.

They know the East is ours.
They know we are going to Atlanta.
I’m hoping, they’re going through the motions and getting by, to turn in their best game of the year in Atlanta.

Hoping hell, I’m confident we will play well against Bama.

Actually something very similar to last seasons great performance, albeit a loss, AT LSU.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take us not going all out and doing it in the SEC championship and playoffs. I think we've been practicing for Alabama since the Georgia win. Why you see alot of unawareness of how the other teams offense runs from the defense. Our offense has been vanilla to say the least but I'm fine with taking it easy, get a win don't get hurt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In a lot of ways, This team reminds me of the 2006 team.
This team is basically the exact opposite of 2006. 2006 had a great defense, great ST and Mullinz mullinzing w Leak running the option and sideways passing game. Just enough offense, with huge hand from Percy and Tebow.

For sure, the defense wasn’t as bad as current but, for some reason, offense is the name of the game this year.
Offense was the name of the game last year too. And all the other years.

LSU just reminded everyone that SEC secondaries suck, including Trailerbammer.

For some reasons most teams spent the last decade trying to emulate Saban and trying to run over him, running at the strength of his defense.

It was always insanity.

Sadly it appears that the Muskchumps in the SEC East are getting fired now.

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mods, please rename thread to "A Simple Opinion." I wouldn't be so unkind as to say "A Simpleton's Opinion."

I'm not saying your opinion is unlikely, but I will say that you need to learn the difference between an opinion or prediction and a fact. It's entirely possible that Trask wins despite UF getting beaten, even in humiliating fashion. There are still lots of possibilities as to what could happen.

Carry on.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mullinz mullinzing w Leak running the option and sideways passing game.
Vandy and UK exposed either a weakness in our passing game or playcalling by playing zone a good majority of those games. I don't know if it's by design or if zones just confuse Mullen and he resorts back to a more lateral approach in passing but something has changed and I'll bet little Satan and his staff have taken notice. Without a dual threat QB or at least one who can sell the run better beating Bama is gonna be long odds IMO.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy and UK exposed either a weakness in our passing game or playcalling by playing zone a good majority of those games. I don't know if it's by design or if zones just confuse Mullen and he resorts back to a more lateral approach in passing but something has changed and I'll bet little Satan and his staff have taken notice. Without a dual threat QB or at least one who can sell the run better beating Bama is gonna be long odds IMO.
EJ might get a lot of playing time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I don;t think it was Vandy or KY against us, I think that most SEC teams always thought they could play man to man b/c they had athletes and occasionally mix in zone. Also I think most SEC coaches knew that their "student athletes" were not intelligent enough to truly understand zone concepts to run it on most passing downs. Be that as it may, Cowbell torched LSU in week 1 by trying to play man to man against a below average team who throws on every down. Week 2 showed that the way to defend that was to play solid zone D as shown by ARKY (kudos to their staff and players in that game only). Now extrapolate that to UF who can't run the ball against air, and the best way to defend it is to play zone. the theory is that the QB will get impatient or the play calling will get impatient and they will throw you the ball. And you will occasionally get a sack and put them behind the chains. Make them throw short and come up and make the tackle. Problem is most teams can't tackle and most teams can't exclusively play zone b/c their players are too stupid to know their assignment on 60+ snaps. Can you imagine us playing Cowbell and trying to play zone on 80 plays? We can't line up when the other team tells us they are running a QB sneak!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree fully that if we win, he wins the H, i disagree that winning the game is a requirement. If he plays well I believe he gets the H regardless of the outcome of the game because he's so far ahead of everyone else in terms of numbers and what he has around him compared to the other 3 possibilities. We are by FAR the least talented group with the sorriest defense and absolutely zero run game - the others all have massive talent, solid to great defenses and really good ground games. If its a good game and he plays well, he wins but if we lose badly and they largely shut our offense down theyll give it to someone else. It's not about the best player in the country anymore. Its about the best player on one of the best teams, usually a championship or playoff team. If we get bent over, we wont be looking like one of the best teams, and there are too many voters that will quickly pivot to fields or sunshine in that scenario. Just my opinion but its based on historical precedent.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have a running bet with what the spread will be with a buddy, any opinions? Im guessing it'll be somewhere between 6-9.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At least double digits. Bama -11.5 or -12.5
I would actually feel like weve made great strides if the final score was within 12. I just dont see it. Bama is playing off the charts right now; peaking at the right time as usual. We seem to have regressed since the Pitts injury.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would actually feel like weve made great strides if the final score was within 12. I just dont see it. Bama is playing off the charts right now; peaking at the right time as usual. We seem to have regressed since the Pitts injury.
I agree. It might open closer to -14.5. Depends on how we look against LSU. So far Bama has throttled the competition while we toy around.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I got criticized last night for saying if Trask ran, in addition to his passing, it would open up the run. He may run anyway in this game, wth, throw it all out there. Punt and placekick, too, take home the hardware..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.