• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you can read, you know that I specifically noted that he was carrying the ball incorrectly. I simply said that there were mitigating factors. When I read post like yours I know that either I am dealing with dumb people or people who don't bother to read carefully.

Maybe a contributing factor is people who are not clear in converting thoughts to written words?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One might suppose that would be a possibility. I am sure that you will be pleased to know that my writings have been cited for accuracy and clarity for six decades.

I suppose you have a shelf full of awards for your content..... LOL

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen was sipping champaign on the flight home.
giphy.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
there's no one that I can think of in history that didn't play in high school.

you have a few people that took time away and that's about the closest I guess but you'll never find anyone who didn't play for 7 years and then becomes a power 5 starting quarterback
Let alone a Heisman caliber one. It's literally so strange that if it was a Hollywood script you would think it was corny as hell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let alone a Heisman caliber one. It's literally so strange that if it was a Hollywood script you would think it was corny as hell.
One step above Waterboy.

Although Ogre makes a might fine Farmer Fran.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'd like to know what "one play" he is referring to. The onside kick? I suppose recovering that automatically gifts us 7 points to go up by 1.... or something...

There are several plays that might have changed the outcome to our favor. The Dean fumble, the 19 seconds preserved, any of the 3rd down penalties that kept Bama on the field.

But there are other plays that could have tipped the game into a snowball for Bama. The fact that it didn’t, that we came back as strongly as we did points to a lot of character and effort that we haven’t had for a long time. There has been a lot of improvement, but not enough.

The lack of discipline is a major issue both in terms of emotional mistakes like cleat tossing but also poor preparation and execution against lesser opponents, missed assignments, etc.

I hope they finish well against OU.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It seems to me that any of us who were expecting to be blown out (myself included) should not be now chastising our coaches as the reason we lost a winnable game.

They deserve some criticism but also much credit for their role in creating the chance(s) we had.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It seems to me that any of us who were expecting to be blown out (myself included) should not be now chastising our coaches as the reason we lost a winnable game.

They deserve some criticism but also much credit for their role in creating the chance(s) we had.
The lines are too fuzzy to make that statement. todd exotic most definitely deserves the blame, but there are plenty of players who made some dumb mistakes. Mullen's O kept us in it, but made their own mistakes that caused us to stall, whether it was the play call or the execution.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The lines are too fuzzy to make that statement. todd exotic most definitely deserves the blame, but there are plenty of players who made some dumb mistakes. Mullen's O kept us in it, but made their own mistakes that caused us to stall, whether it was the play call or the execution.

Still, this team of inferior recruiting dang near pulled it off. I didn’t think we’d be nearly that close. They - at least some of them - deserve credit for that.

I agree about Grantham. We clearly have some talent issues but week after week they look confused. Hesitation is all an offense needs.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
So, NOT ONE person selected the win to be 10 points or less. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have either. But it is kind of funny anyways...

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
There are several plays that might have changed the outcome to our favor. The Dean fumble, the 19 seconds preserved, any of the 3rd down penalties that kept Bama on the field.

But there are other plays that could have tipped the game into a snowball for Bama. The fact that it didn’t, that we came back as strongly as we did points to a lot of character and effort that we haven’t had for a long time. There has been a lot of improvement, but not enough.

The lack of discipline is a major issue both in terms of emotional mistakes like cleat tossing but also poor preparation and execution against lesser opponents, missed assignments, etc.

I hope they finish well against OU.
Spot on : LACK OF DISCIPLINE

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Still, this team of inferior recruiting dang near pulled it off. I didn’t think we’d be nearly that close.
You know Bammer could have just scored 80 or 90 if they wanted, right?

They didn't have to take 1.5 quarters off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.