****Official Super Bowl thread****

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Stuck on a plane with no live streaming

someone please post a picture of Shakira shakin’dat azz.

thanks in advance.

And the muffin top?

It was great watching two insanely talented, beautiful women perform in a way that refuses to objectify women.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Shanahan really starting to earn a choker reputation. Not putting it all on him but he’s part of two embarrassing SB losses.

WTF is it with coaches trying to hang onto all of their timeouts? I had no stake in either team, I just can't understand why coaches don't call a timeout when the game is on the line or when you have a chance to score before the halftime.

He had 3 timeouts when they stopped KC at the end of the 1st half and allowed the clock to roll under 1 minute when KC punted (or he could have called a TO and gotten the ball back w/ 30+ more seconds)...and it cost them a FG attempt.

Then, in the 4th, with the game on the line...he again had all 3 TO's and didn't use one on 3rd and 10....then again on 4th and 10.

Spurrier did that against Tenn is 2001 when he went for the 2-point conversion to tie the game (didn't call a TO when he had them to use). The game was on the line...but you save a timeout? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a third-and-10 with 1:40 to go, Jimmy Garoppolo tried to win the game. Kyle Shanahan dialed up what is known as a Mills concept, named after the early '90s Florida receiver who caught a series of touchdown passes as the deep post receiver under Steve Spurrier, who popularized the route combination in his offense.

It called for Kendrick Bourne to run a crossing route and Emmanuel Sanders to run a deep post. While Sanders appeared to be double-covered on routes breaking to either side at the sticks, Garoppolo saw that neither defender had any leverage to defend against the deep post. Some quarterbacks might have gone to the underneath read and tried to work to a seemingly open Bourne, but Garoppolo correctly saw that Sanders was going to come open and took his shot to win the game and threw before Sanders was even out of his break. The veteran wideout got a step and a half on the coverage, but Garoppolo missed the throw that would have defined his life by two yards.

How the Chiefs came back ... and the 49ers blew it: Barnwell on Super Bowl LIV

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On a third-and-10 with 1:40 to go, Jimmy Garoppolo tried to win the game. Kyle Shanahan dialed up what is known as a Mills concept, named after the early '90s Florida receiver who caught a series of touchdown passes as the deep post receiver under Steve Spurrier, who popularized the route combination in his offense.

It called for Kendrick Bourne to run a crossing route and Emmanuel Sanders to run a deep post. While Sanders appeared to be double-covered on routes breaking to either side at the sticks, Garoppolo saw that neither defender had any leverage to defend against the deep post. Some quarterbacks might have gone to the underneath read and tried to work to a seemingly open Bourne, but Garoppolo correctly saw that Sanders was going to come open and took his shot to win the game and threw before Sanders was even out of his break. The veteran wideout got a step and a half on the coverage, but Garoppolo missed the throw that would have defined his life by two yards.

How the Chiefs came back ... and the 49ers blew it: Barnwell on Super Bowl LIV

I was surprised by the aggressiveness of the call. You have two downs to move the chains, and instead you go for it all. It was an all or nothing decision that for the Niners led to nothing.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@BMF that is a great point. So many “what ifs” for SF in that game - and timeout usage was definitely one of them. Jimmy G overthrowing that WR on a perfect play call was another.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The comparisons between garapolo and a young tom brady should be buried 6 ft deep. Defense and run game have protected him all season. It isnt hard to win when you are throwing to guys wide open because the defenders are all selling out to stop the run game. It also isnt hard to play the position when you throw 8 or 10 total passes a game.

He looked like a deer in the headlights out there when asked to put the team on his back and make a play.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy how this SB featured 2 very low rated QB recruits. Jimmy G a 2 star and Mahomes a borderline low rated 3 star. Neither one highly recruited and given much of a chance to do much of anything anywhere.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Crazy how this SB featured 2 very low rated QB recruits. Jimmy G a 2 star and Mahomes a borderline low rated 3 star. Neither one highly recruited and given much of a chance to do much of anything anywhere.

The odds of that happening are so low it was probably just the result of Beeblebrox’s use of the Infinite Improbability Drive on a recent trip to earth. Only 5 stars matter, nothing to see here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It certainly helps to have a great passer, but with the sophistication of the offenses now it’s just as important to know who’s where and when. A lot of misdirection, too, to keep the defenses off balance.

Hell, KC’s entire backfield did a perfectly choreographed pirouette before one play.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Let’s talk about the important stuff. How did they miss including the Miami Song Machine? Gloria Estefan? Pitbull - literally Mr. 305?

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Let’s talk about the important stuff. How did they miss including the Miami Song Machine? Gloria Estefan? Pitbull - literally Mr. 305?

Glad they missed on Gloria, but Pitbull would have been a nice add. Seems like a natural high energy fit with set they ran.

Then again, Shakira alone would have been awesome. JLo is a very talented and beautiful performer, but she really wasn’t on top of her game. Like watching Emmitt with Arizona.

Shakira was good, but comparatively tame last night and it was a very limited set. Check out her HBO concert for the real deal. Great show person with insane fans. And holy **** that middle-aged woman can move! Colombian men are lucky dudes if that’s a cultural norm. I asked my wife to take notes. By the grace of God I’m still alive...

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
It certainly helps to have a great passer, but with the sophistication of the offenses now it’s just as important to know who’s where and when. A lot of misdirection, too, to keep the defenses off balance.

Hell, KC’s entire backfield did a perfectly choreographed pirouette before one play.

That play was sweet. I was rooting for KC because they are not boring. I have to say though that the SF offense wasn’t as Muschamp as I was expecting, attacked the edges in a variety of creative ways and then exploiting routes over the middle that seemed to open things up.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That play was sweet. I was rooting for KC because they are not boring. I have to say though that the SF offense wasn’t as Muschamp as I was expecting, attacked the edges in a variety of creative ways.
Shanny can be a great play caller and is often creative. I think his arrogance did him in; again.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Shanny can be a great play caller and is often creative. I think his arrogance did him in; again.

I agree. The KC coaches won the tactical game over the SF boys late in the 4th when it mattered. I saw a piece on ESPN that the play 78 talked about was taken from the 1948 Rose Bowl game. Eric Bieniemy apparently added the pirouette . I thought Spagnuolo finally brought some much needed heat on Jimmy G. when it mattered. Overall they made the adjustments and SF did not. Happy for the Hunt family. He was one of the original AFL owners and supposedly coined the name Super Bowl, from his daughter playing with her Super Ball.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
83583722_10163065973460048_4936401896945483776_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.