Official UF Indoor Practice Facility - Fall 2015

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n155840 said:
This is my biggest fear with the IPF

But the reality is the oppressive heat is only in play the first few weeks of the season... during our cupcake games. Yes occasionally it is quite hot in october, but for the most part it is a warm 80'ish and all teams are used to that.

The lightning cost us a game and numerous practices last year. That is good enough reason for me. Recruiting, a bonus.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Damn and here I was thinking that not having one was a recruiting tool for us. Do you really want to go to FSU where you have to practice everyday no matter rain or shine? Or would you like to come to UF where you can have days off or cut short due to weather? It's not like anyone's ever said practice makes perfect. I'm also lazy and work the government where our northern counterparts get snow days which make me jealous. Not having one would have recruited me!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
PatDooleySucks, I too want to punch my screen when I see you post. But it's only because I've spent too much time arguing with people how bad Dooley sucks that I just hate seeing that smug face. Nothing to do with you. :shakesfist

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I remember a time when Phil Fulmer used to believe our practicing outdoors gave us an early season advantage, so much so that he brought them down here for a week to try and acclimate them to the climate before the game.

I agree that an IPF will do little to nothing to enhance the on the field play of the team, but as a recruiting weapon it seems to be a must these days.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The facility absolutely makes a difference when a thunderstorm pops up and the only options are to practice on a basketball court or cancel practice all together.

They aren't going to practice inside when it's hot, they're going to practice inside when it's a downpour or lightning out, or maybe when they're playing a team with Field Turf later that week.

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
There are more upgrades to come including the dorms, weight room, lockeroom. All of this is extremely important and its not a waste of money. Think of how much $ the school made when Tebow (selling #15's jersey) was here
and the $ generated by winning 2 national championships. These recruits come from really bad neighborhoods and they want to enjoy these beautiful facilities. That is also why I think re-doing the dorms
for these athletes is very important. These kids work their tails off. They put in long hours and they make the school a ton of $. Why not give them beautiful rooms to live in and enjoy. It takes $ to make $ and if we have to
win the arms race then so be it. Whatever it takes to be the best and recruit the best. It would be wise to do it. Be the best in the SEC in everything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;155790 said:
So did the inability to practice just start happening in 2010 and beyond? The point is that this facility is not being built for some on-the-field advantage. It's being built because everyone has it and recruits expect it. I get that. But my point is up until this year, we haven't had problems recruiting. We aren't recruiting well this year because it's a new coach inheriting a dumpster fire. If he wins 10 games next year, the need for this IPF is severely diminished.

If you are in favor of a IPF fine. I see what merit there is in it. But don't go on the pretense that this is going to make some major difference on the field.

"The Gators had approximately 30 practices “impacted” by weather last season, and UF canceled a handful of those practices due to unavailable space to drill indoors"

http://www.onlygators.com/01/21/201...ction-on-15-million-indoor-practice-facility/

Foley also says that this is not a bells and whistles decision. It's a necessity.

@onlygators: Via @osgators: #Gators see indoor practice facility as necessity, not "bells & whistles," McElwain has plans for IPF- http://t.co/M7CPvXAHt3

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n155991 said:
The facility absolutely makes a difference when a thunderstorm pops up and the only options are to practice on a basketball court or cancel practice all together.
I don't even understand why this is debatable.

I think we just have the Fooley nuthuggers trying to make excuses why we are three decades behind the times. Even Fooley is now talking up the IPF.

Doesn't it feel good to finally catch up to the Vanderbilts and UCFs of the world?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n155822 said:
Let's talk about the guys we missed on... Lane, Cook, Algachor, Diggs... yes we have gotten good classes, but we have missed on offensive talent that would have made a difference. There are more to this list, but these were off the top of my head. I think I remember us missing on a couple OL last year as well.

So even though the classes may have been rated high, we missed out on a number of key recruits that could have made a difference in our success.
Let's not forget about OL recruits like Tunsil and Theus. How nice would it been to have those guys as Gators.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n156124 said:
Let's not forget about OL recruits like Tunsil and Theus. How nice would it been to have those guys as Gators.

All of those misses occurred during the Mushchamp era and all were on the offensive side of the ball. Do the math...the lack of a tin building had nothing to do with it.

Dec 10, 2014
MJMGator;n156134 said:
All of those misses occurred during the Mushchamp era and all were on the offensive side of the ball. Do the math...the lack of a tin building had nothing to do with it.

You can't sway the drones once they are fixated on something. People are putting up names of recruits we didn't sign in a number four class under the auspice that an indoor practice facility would have changed the game Some of the names posted went to places without IPF!. Posters think that fsu is signing lights out right now and their IPF is a big reason. At least that's seemingly the equation that many in this thread seem to be behind. It's not the two acc titles, NC title, playoff trip, and players put in the nfl. I don't really care. It's not my money. It's not a bad thing. I'm just shocked that posters don't see this for what it is, which is a recruiting tactic. Foley makes a few comments to justify it not being a recruiting tactic and people on here are just eating it up. I'm not going to go in circles on this. I'm just going to end on what I've been trying to say the whole time. This will help us so that people can't negatively recruit against us that we don't have this largely unnecessary thing. This will help us with a few practices a year. This would not have made our consensus number four class in '12 a consensus one class. It would have not made our eight class last year a four class. It's not going to make our on-field product discernibly better. We've won plenty of games without it against rivals who have had it. But there is obviously merit in keeping up with the arms race. For that, this is fine.

Dec 10, 2014
ATXGator;n155825 said:
The reason we are struggling this year is not due to lack of an IPF... I understand the point you are making, but to assume the IPF will not add any value in recruiting is also incorrect. It is something we need to keep up facility was and facilities are becoming more and more important in recruiting. Look at what Alabama and Oregon (and others) have done to their locker rooms. Don't you think players want to be in that type of facility?

I would not be surprised to see UF upgrade their locker room/player lounge as well.

I don't think you're reading my post/s closely enough. I'm largely agreeing with you. I've never said there isn't value/merit to the facility. I'm saying it's not this atom bomb that people think it is. It's not going to make the difference that people think it will make. More importantly I think the point I'm trying to make is that not having one hasn't hurt us the way people want to claim it has hurt us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;156333 said:
I don't think you're reading my post/s closely enough. I'm largely agreeing with you. I've never said there isn't value/merit to the facility. I'm saying it's not this atom bomb that people think it is. It's not going to make the difference that people think it will make. More importantly I think the point I'm trying to make is that not having one hasn't hurt us the way people want to claim it has hurt us.

So Muschamp saying that it was being used as an effective recruiting tool against us and Foley saying that it was a necessity actually means that it's not critical?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
GatorJ;n156361 said:
So Muschamp saying that it was being used as an effective recruiting tool against us and Foley saying that it was a necessity actually means that it's not critical?

You're just a drone. What could you possibly know?

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
I hope they bling the IPF out though... and by that I don't mean juice bars and such, but big Gator head logos, Gator colors etc. Really engrain the Gator into the players and the atmosphere.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;156397 said:
You're just a drone. What could you possibly know?

I know nothing. None of us know anything. Rabble-rouser's.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: From Wednesday: Bad weather, O'Dome renovations and coach Jim McElwain were driving forces behind #Gators new IPF: http://t.co/2x5RgqnbQy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.