*** Official UF @ Ole Miss basketball thread ***

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Do we still hate Mike White? Or have our perceptions changed on a game to game basis yet again?

Lot of people will still complain about him, but I think he started to figure some things out after the UT embarrassment.

Gators have 2 home games next week vs MS State and sweaty Bruce so we should be looking at 5-2 in conference and 13-6 overall.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to think this team could be decent after a few more games. Allen is the real deal it appears. If Hill or Chiozza could just hit a wide open shot we would be a danger to most of the top teams in the country.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Chiozza should be on the floor 3/4 the game. I too think White is figuring out his rotation more. Saw a few less guys play this weekend.

We have the potential to be legit. Let's keep it up

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our only truly bad loss was UT, right? And other than the last second shot to FSU, every other loss has been to a really good team on the road, correct? Our RPI is still in the top 30, and these guys are slowly but surely getting better on offense. Next few games should be very telling, as they're against teams we should beat easily. We'll see how they respond to the success from tonight. Hopefully we'll be on a four game winning streak heading into the WVU game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our only truly bad loss was UT, right? And other than the last second shot to FSU, every other loss has been to a really good team on the road, correct? Our RPI is still in the top 30, and these guys are slowly but surely getting better on offense. Next few games should be very telling, as they're against teams we should beat easily. We'll see how they respond to the success from tonight. Hopefully we'll be on a four game winning streak heading into the WVU game.

I didn't like the performance against Purdue - think that was a neutral court game but I am not 100% on that. Like you said FSU was a bad loss being at home. Allen has surely sparked this team however. If the other guards could do anything at all we would be very dangerous I think but they did nothing last year either.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd say FSU and UT were bad losses. I hope that FSU loss doesn't come back to haunt us.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So then we're not going to fire the coach?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nick Calathes has top two seasons in assists in #Gators history (6.42 in '09, 6.10 in '08).

Chris Chiozza's last 7 games? 6.71 per game.

-@ThomasGoldkamp

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't like the performance against Purdue - think that was a neutral court game but I am not 100% on that. Like you said FSU was a bad loss being at home. Allen has surely sparked this team however. If the other guards could do anything at all we would be very dangerous I think but they did nothing last year either.
Purdue was the most impressive team we've played against to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I loved what I saw this game. J.Leon and K.Allen need to be relied on. Need to show
similar play from now on. Still like to see better planning & effort to get it inside to
Egbunu (or Hayes in Egbunu's absence). Let it happen again & again.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone agrees that the team is playing better, mostly because they are playing harder and smarter. Shooting comes and goes which makes effort the most important factor.

The UT game was the low water mark and caused the meltdown in the gator nation to include yours truly. Although the worst game, it was not the only bad loss. Both the FSU and MIami games were bad losses if you watched them. Neither of those teams are very good but we played ourselves out of both games. Don't give me the "Miami is ranked" response since they have lost two straight games and are getting exposed.

Yes, I am very happy about the turnaround but lets not pretend like the meltdown was unjustified. We lost two games against inferior teams that are in-state and are out-recruiting us in our backyard and then went to UT and played like we were being forced to step on the court.

I am optimistic given the current trend but if we miss the tournament, please remember how many games we let get away early.
Hopefully, these games won't stop us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love my Gators, but every loss I watched us play we were the inferior team.
We gave Michigan State a scare, but they've falter quite a bit since then.
Anyway, we saw one really solid game ... so I'm hopping it is the turning point.
We still pass the ball around too ponderously, don't scare opposing defenses
with our ability to feed Egbunu & Hayes to pound it, and you know our FT %.
It's a work in process and possibly last night might get the "mental-monkey" off
their backs. Looking forward to our next game. Go Gators, sink that putt...?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This was a nice win for the Gators. They went on the road and beat a decent SEC team. The energy was high and they shot the ball well. I actually am happy to see that the team seems to be improving. There seem to be a lot of times when they ran through the offense. They still have too many times when somebody just dribbles around and then turns the ball over, but the team does seem to be improving which is a good sign.

Leon and his shooting has been a nice surprise and if Allen can get more consistent then our offense becomes more dynamic.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Finally got back on here.....this was a great game for us. Shot the ball well, played great defense, and rebounded well. Need to see more of these types of games going forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator