OL Rod Johnson Career Over

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Have we tried to go after that ND linemen that visited FSU? The last OL transfer we got from there played decent.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n208842 said:
elgible transfers that can help are rare

True, but immediate opportunity at a school like Florida is rare as well. At this point, I wouldn't even call OL playing time "opportunity." Instead, it's more of a guarantee. Most elite programs are 3-deep on the o-line and don't need to pour-over the Fruman's and La Tech's of the world looking for transfers.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n208845 said:
IDK, Mac was quoted as saying they went after some potential JUCO and UAB transfers that could possibly help out, but none of them had the academics to get in to UF. I'm hoping you're right and we get some transfers, but unless they are graduated seniors with eligibility left, wouldn't any transfer have to sit out a year? So maybe you meant JUCOs and transfers. But I just don't see us pulling in 3 more O-Linemen at this stage that could be good enough to play meaningful minutes for us. Again, I hope I'm wrong. Be wrong Bart!

If you're right, put me in the "we're screwed" classification.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With the transfer rules we aren't getting any help prior to camp unless there are some graduate transfer eligibles out there we haven't heard of. The only one I remember being mentioned was that ND guy but he has never visited us that I know of and he wants to play center and I am not sure if that would be an issue or not with McElwain.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n208856 said:
With the transfer rules we aren't getting any help prior to camp unless there are some graduate transfer eligibles out there we haven't heard of. The only one I remember being mentioned was that ND guy but he has never visited us that I know of and he wants to play center and I am not sure if that would be an issue or not with McElwain.

he can play anywhere he wants, just come on down!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n208860 said:
he can play anywhere he wants, just come on down!

Not sure what is going on with him. He visited FSU and someone else I think but I haven't heard that he has signed with anyone. Maybe he wanted to be told he would play center and not be forced to guard etc.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I believe the ND lineman's name is Matt Hegerty or something...I believe he was legit too. We need to get this guy down here. Somebody call that clutchlikemj guy to put the full court twitter press on him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a possible Fr-So DL who is behind such a good DL player that the youngster probably won't see the field ... and so
perhaps he can catch on at the OL position ? We are desperate. Can Macsummers do such magic ?
I'd be keenly interested in some knowledgeable "can-do's"

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n208882 said:
Is there a possible Fr-So DL who is behind such a good DL player that the youngster probably won't see the field ... and so
perhaps he can catch on at the OL position ? We are desperate. Can Macsummers do such magic ?
I'd be keenly interested in some knowledgeable "can-do's"

They kicked around the idea of moving Tevan Bryan from the DL to the OL, but a funny thing happened along the way; he started killing it on the DL and may in fact be our best interior d-lineman.

But now I'm wondering; is the fact that Bryan, Ivie, Brantley and others are looking so good on the DL because they are basically going against air? It's quite possible that our o-line sucks so bad that virtually anyone looks good going against them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is probably the most devastating injury this team could have. With a healthy O-line, this team could win the East. Now, it will almost be miraculous to just be bowl eligible.

But this sucks even more so for Johnson. He had realistic dreams of playing in the NFL someday, and that is all gone. This news had to be heartbreaking for him. I don't know how much physical pain he is dealing with right now, but I imagine that the emotional pain he is feeling is much worse. Hopefully, he'll be able to work through that soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately we don't really have great depth even on the DL, any position except CB really.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n208865 said:
I believe the ND lineman's name is Matt Hegerty or something...I believe he was legit too. We need to get this guy down here. Somebody call that clutchlikemj guy to put the full court twitter press on him.

That's the guy! We desperately need him! He has to see that ....................................we need some Bull Gator to step up and make a little anonymous donation to the Hegerty family to sway him down to the Ville.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I still think he's fine. He'll be ready in the fall.

:bob:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really bad news.....

Next man up............. anyone in line?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Several of these guys have been contacted. Oh, and we have a walkon that weighs 245 and one that weighs 250.

2001-Gator-Band-Tuba-Section.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Several of those sousaphone players are stout enough to anchor a major college offensive line. I'm hopeful.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n208992 said:
Several of those sousaphone players are stout enough to anchor a major college offensive line. I'm hopeful.

A few of those flag girls are bulking up nicely

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.