Old Daytonacane lady is back!

Jun 2, 2015
I had the minimally invasive mitral value surgery w/replacement of a pig valve on Oct. 30th @ the Univ.of Miami Hospital (formerly Cedars Hospital) by Dr. Joseph Lamelas, cardiothoracic surgeon. He said I did extremely well and the amazing part is that I have never had any pain whatsoever. My surgical scar is midline on the right side of my body and is 1 1/2 inches in length. Dr. Lamelas is treated like a king. The guy in the next room was from Iran and had the same procedure. I was discharged Nov. 5th and am now beginning physical therapy for cardiac rehab. My sons seem to think I need to be "watched"; thus, six of my friends take turns staying with me, but I plan to discharge them Wed. which will be the 2 weeks postop mark.

I enjoyed watching our game this past Saturday, but sorry that we were the cause of Willie's firing as I had hoped he would be there for a long time.

My sincere thanks to you Gaytors for your encouragement and prayers.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I had the minimally invasive mitral value surgery w/replacement of a pig valve on Oct. 30th @ the Univ.of Miami Hospital (formerly Cedars Hospital) by Dr. Joseph Lamelas, cardiothoracic surgeon. He said I did extremely well and the amazing part is that I have never had any pain whatsoever. My surgical scar is midline on the right side of my body and is 1 1/2 inches in length. Dr. Lamelas is treated like a king. The guy in the next room was from Iran and had the same procedure. I was discharged Nov. 5th and am now beginning physical therapy for cardiac rehab. My sons seem to think I need to be "watched"; thus, six of my friends take turns staying with me, but I plan to discharge them Wed. which will be the 2 weeks postop mark.

I enjoyed watching our game this past Saturday, but sorry that we were the cause of WiLLLLLLLie's firing as I had hoped he would be there for a long time.

My sincere thanks to you Gaytors for your encouragement and prayers.
Since the “y” and the “t” are next to one another on a keyboard (and you are recovering from surgery) I’ll give you a pass on the misspelling of Gators.

Glad to hear it all worked out and thanks for letting us know.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Glad you're doing well daytona. It's a good idea to have people there with you, we didn't leave my parents alone in the hospital for a second but, I'm not sure they were quite as sharp as you. Still a good idea though.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Glad you're doing well.

Or at least better than your garbage team is :grin:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Glad to hear you're doing well, Daytona! I was gonna compliment you on being the only classy caine fan on the planet, but you ruined it... NOT because you can't properly spell "Gators" (I laughed because you're clearly back to your old self), but something much more egregious...

While describing your scar, you referred the "midline," using an infamously key reference to take a jab at a very painful time in our history.

I take back all the nice things I've ever said about you, which is at LEAST two... maybe three things...

Go Gators!!!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to hear you are recovering well and looks like will be around for many years more. It was inevitable the willie was going to get the boot, go ahead and take pleasure and you can rub it in their faces forever that was the loss that sent him packing.

Let me know if you join an Arkansas message board, that pig heart might have some influence....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, we all wished this lady so much “good luck” with her surgery and asked that whatever higher being could help her out by giving her a win over the holes. I think we over did it and got Willie fired. We didn’t mean to take it that far.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Glad to hear you're doing well, Daytona! I was gonna compliment you on being the only classy caine fan on the planet, but you ruined it... NOT because you can't properly spell "Gators" (I laughed because you're clearly back to your old self), but something much more egregious...

While describing your scar, you referred the "midline," using an infamously key reference to take a jab at a very painful time in our history.

I take back all the nice things I've ever said about you, which is at LEAST two... maybe three things...

Go Gators!!!
I see the master chief was triggered.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So glad to hear you’re doing well.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Glad to see you're back, Daytona! All the best to you in your recovery.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Welcome back! Congrats on a successful surgery. Hope the recovery goes well and your team continues to suck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats! Glad you are back, Daytona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics