bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There you go.

Wow, thanks. Good stuff.

I dropped plenty of grass cutting money at board city.

We use to hit up the mountain golf place and crush the balls out onto Blanding.

Bennigans was still around into the 90s. I used to work at Meryvns dept store at the Argyle entrance in 94/95 and we’d head to Bennigans almost nightly.

Pic-n-save.... ugh the memories.

I touched my first boob under the docks at Stricklands. 7th grade I think. Just about every after season baseball party was held there. My best friend blew out his eardrum jumping off the highdives. They would let you go down the big slide however you wanted. With the right raft, and a jumping launch over the side.... that sucker would make it all the way to shore.

Good times.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, thanks. Good stuff.

Bennigans was still around into the 90s. I used to work at Meryvns dept store at the Argyle entrance in 94/95 and we’d head to Bennigans almost nightly.

I touched my first boob under the docks at Stricklands. 7th grade I think. Just about every after season baseball party was held there. My best friend blew out his eardrum jumping off the highdives. They would let you go down the big slide however you wanted. With the right raft, and a jumping launch over the side.... that sucker would make it all the way to shore.

Good times.
The amount of schit you all can remember from your childhood is amazing. I can't remember schit. My wife actually feels sorry for me because she'll ask me questions about my childhood and I flat out can't remember. It was all the drugs and alcohol I took in during that time, I'm sure.

That said, I can tell you I was caught stealing at that Eckards on Kingsley. They called my Dad to come pick me up. I was band for life to go in any Eckards again. My Dad beat my azz so bad after that.

We did spend a lot of time at Skate & Space as well as Sticklands. I always tried to describe it to my wife but now I could show her a picture and it finally made sense to her.

My first real job was at Cucos at 16. I was hired as a Dishwasher but quickly moved to Line Cook. Work there throughout high school. We get so F'ing drunk after work at the Bar, it was a total party. We close the restaurant at 9:00p and drink for hours, Managers included.

I worked a couple years at Bennigans as a cook as well.

Board City got a lot of my money from mow-grassing as well as that baseball card shop next to Publix.

Loved riding my bike up to the bowling alley to get cigarettes out of the quarter machine and we go to the park and smoke the whole pack.

Good time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The amount of schit you all can remember from your childhood is amazing. I can't remember schit. My wife actually feels sorry for me because she'll ask me questions about my childhood and I flat out can't remember. It was all the drugs and alcohol I took in during that time, I'm sure.

That said, I can tell you I was caught stealing at that Eckards on Kingsley. They called my Dad to come pick me up. I was band for life to go in any Eckards again. My Dad beat my azz so bad after that.

We did spend a lot of time at Skate & Space as well as Sticklands. I always tried to describe it to my wife but now I could show her a picture and it finally made sense to her.

My first real job was at Cucos at 16. I was hired as a Dishwasher but quickly moved to Line Cook. Work there throughout high school. We get so F'ing drunk after work at the Bar, it was a total party. We close the restaurant at 9:00p and drink for hours, Managers included.

I worked a couple years at Bennigans as a cook as well.

Board City got a lot of my money from mow-grassing as well as that baseball card shop next to Publix.

Loved riding my bike up to the bowling alley to get cigarettes out of the quarter machine and we go to the park and smoke the whole pack.

Good time.

Sound Advice was awesome too. Jesus I spent so much in there on my 1st car. That place was 100x better than Circuit City.... which I am surprised didnt make the pic list.

Funny story about Steak n Ale. My high school girlfriend’s family had a big birthday dinner there. She was a horny Catholic school girl going to Bishop Kenny. Her coke came with a cherry in it. She turned to me and said, “do you want my cherry?” I kindof half snorted half chuckled. When I turned around, her dad was staring me down. :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sound Advice was awesome too. Jesus I spent so much in there on my 1st car. That place was 100x better than Circuit City.... which I am surprised didnt make the pic list.

Funny story about Steak n Ale. My high school girlfriend’s family had a big birthday dinner there. She was a horny Catholic school girl going to Bishop Kenny. Her coke came with a cherry in it. She turned to me and said, “do you want my cherry?” I kindof half snorted half chuckled. When I turned around, her dad was staring me down. :lol:
The original FB post had 150 photos. Some were duplicate and others didn't seem to be that old or unique. Circuit City was posted, but it didn't make my cut.

The old Scotty's logo was on there.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, thanks. Good stuff.

Good times.

Man I just cried a little. I feel sorry for any teenager who didn’t get a little under-dock stricklands boob. That’s the good stuff right there.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I missed it but no OP compilation is complete without The Sheik!
iu

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
39920070_10216567679680900_2002771167412224000_n-jpg.18202

Down on the corner of Moody Road and Suzanne. Rode our bikes here all the time when we were young to get candy and such. Ah, nothing like Big League Chew and candy cigarettes! To this day, I call all convenience stores "The Jiffy."

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Down on the corner of Moody Road and Suzanne. Rode our bikes here all the time when we were young to get candy and such. Ah, nothing like Big League Chew and candy cigarettes! To this day, I call all convenience stores "The Jiffy."

Hilarious, I do to. Even my kids now say "jiffy store" instead of gas station.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I lived in Park West which was right behind Lakeside Elementary and Lakeside Middle (now Jr. High). My Father taught at Lakeside Elementary for 25 years. I went to pre-school at Andromeda which is on Suzanne and still there today. We used to ride our bikes to this Jiffy all the time.

Sad story, when I was in Elementary at Lakeside they used to release all the kids at the same time. I'm speaking about how they got home, i.e. walking, riding bikes, car pickup, bus, etc. One day some kids were riding their bike home from school, down Moody just east of Suzanne just past this Jiffy, and the boy was messing with his backpack and fell off his bike onto Moody. He fell right between the axels of a bus and the bus ran over him. Died instantly. Bus was full of kids. It was just awful for all of us. I'll never forget it. After that day, the changed it so that busses would pick up and leave before allowing anyone else to go home.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The back of The Woodlands actually abuts the back of Park West. Before the neighborhoods were finished we could ride our bikes straight through there to get to the the high school. Once it got fenced in we had to ride through Foxwood to get to HS, which is how I normally commuted unless the weather was super nasty.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just visited my mom in Orange Park. She lives in the country club/Lock Rane. First of all, Orange Park as a whole has turned into a freaking dump if you ask me. I drove all over the places I used to go when I grew up there....everything is dingy, overgrown, and cluttered with junk. Secondly, to make matters worse, the asshat who bought the golf course in OPCC declared bankruptcy and let the place go to seed. Its a disaster. I walked the course for about six holes to check it out....everything is overgrown with weeds and the greens are just rotten sandy areas. It looks like something from the apocalypse. There are still some nice neighborhoods and the houses along the waterfront are generally nice, but those areas are all wedged in between some serious low-rent crapola. Sad really. I guess what happened was when the market tumbled, a lot of people turned their homes into cheap rentals, and once a lot of renters moved in they didn't take care of the place and everything just snowballed. I would never move back there in a million years.

At least Whitey's fish camp is still there and in one piece. Got some crab bisque and some fried shrimp and it was tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator