Ole Miss Gets Hammered

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had heard that half the violations were under Freeze for Football, does anyone have information to confirm or dispute that?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@McMurphyESPN: Ole Miss self-imposed penalties include recruiting suspension for 2 assistants; scholarship & initial grants-in-aid reductions; $159K fine

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i've seen both 10 scholarships and 15 scholarship penalties.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the SEC referred Ole Miss to the NCAA initially or not. I think I remember reading we were usually referred to the NCAA by the SEC while Alabama was usually an NCAA only initial investigation.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This guy has a good breakdown on his feed.

@JonSolomonCBS: NCAA: Because of the fake ACT scores, the 3 Ole Miss players should have been ineligible from 2010-13 seasons.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bulk of the violation claims are against the football team. NCAA Investigators said that coaches organized free cars, paid bills, and arranged for ACT supervisors to complete tests for prospective student athletes.

The document also says women's basketball and track and field coaches arranged to pay for athletes' classes and then instructed student athletes to delete text messages and emails that could be considered evidence.

http://m.wapt.com/sports/ole-miss-releases-redacted-notice-of-allegations-from-ncaa/39757582

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Way to really punish your school Ole Piss...go ban those women from post season play...

They were freaking 10-20 last year and 2-14 in conference play...they weren't making a tourney anyways...

Football team - We are just going to reduce your scholly's

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Way to really punish your school Ole Piss...go ban those women from post season play...

They were freaking 10-20 last year and 2-14 in conference play...they weren't making a tourney anyways...

Football team - We are just going to reduce your scholly's

I think the NCAA's going to come down really hard on them. This is just a preemptive move by Ole Miss.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think the NCAA's going to come down really hard on them. This is just a preemptive move by Ole Miss.

I'd love for you to be right but look at how the NCAA handled Miami and UNC...then they went all ban-hammerish on Penn State even though that wasnt a competitive advantage but rather a civil suit...not saying PSU was innocent but just pointing out how far off the NCAA is

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Taking the ACT test for their players. :lol2: I always wondered how some of these college players meet eligibility requirements and become Juniors in college when they can't hardly even read and write sometimes when they leave the school.

CjeOYPlWEAQ0teh

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Please tell me that is a fake Twitter account. I can't imagine him being that stupid. The best thing he can do right now is shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb