Ole Miss moves to dismiss BS lawsuit; case thrown out by judge

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Freak Out Running GIF by TLC

If you aren't scared of urg after this clip, you should see what he's capable of after sake shots.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I found the audio and listened. It wasn't anywhere in the realm of "unglued". He barely raised his voice. Knowing the way some of these coaches scream and go off the deep end all the time, Kiffin is a pussycat. Saban would probably have blown the roof off the building.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Tell me you've never played sports without telling me you've never played sports...

Seriously man, one of the funniest parts of the movie "Angels in the Outfield" was when the coach told the players "no swearing" (to not offend the angels)--and the team reacted incredulously, with one of them saying "that eliminates all or most speech from most of the team."

It's funny because it's true.
I don't think I had a single practice at any level from high school onwards where the coaches and players didn't drop the f bomb.
Years ago we were interviewing a woman for a clerical position in our office. At one point I asked her if she was offended by “salty language.” She said she wasn’t, but was curious why I asked. I told here that the men in the office, as is common with the profession, had a habit of using foul language. She then asked if any of it would be aimed at her. I assured her that whatever their other faults, they did try to be respectful and would never speak harshly to her. She then revealed that her husband was a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and she had probably heard every bad word there was. She also noted that she had also heard the words used in creative ways that our guys were probably not familiar with and was willing to teach them if need be. I assured her that would not be necessary. I also hired her on the spot.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You stopped playing at the peewee level. Got it.
That explains a lot.
I guess times have changed. We had a high school coach the said, "if you mess up like that again, I will make daylight through a wall with you." Gone the next day. To teach Earth Science in Junior High boys. I played baseball and football from 8 year old little league to 12th grade high school and never heard a coach say "damn" let alone Fuch. When I was flying, I said damn once the whole crew thought we were going to die. I do remember the Chaplain visiting the Alert facility on the night before changeover to remind us not to describe the vegetables when asking for them to be passed, though.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I guess times have changed. We had a high school coach the said, "if you mess up like that again, I will make daylight through a wall with you." Gone the next day. To teach Earth Science in Junior High boys. I played baseball and football from 8 year old little league to 12th grade high school and never heard a coach say "damn" let alone Fuch. When I was flying, I said damn once the whole crew thought we were going to die. I do remember the Chaplain visiting the Alert facility on the night before changeover to remind us not to describe the vegetables when asking for them to be passed, though.

Was your mom Mrs. Cleaver or Mrs. Griffith?

I'll bet dinner was promptly served at 5:30pm every day, with your dad in a full suit and tie and mom wearing pearls. Gosh golly, times were swell back then.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I'll bet dinner was promptly served at 5:30pm every day, with your dad in a full suit and tie and mom wearing pearls. Gosh golly, times were swell back then.
While my mom was rather "June like" in demeanor and language, pretty sure I was 4 the first time I remember hearing my dad yell "YOU COCKSUCKER!!!!" at another driver. It was a balance... like Yin and Yang

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
While my mom was rather "June like" in demeanor and language, pretty sure I was 4 the first time I remember hearing my dad yell "YOU COCKSUCKER!!!!" at another driver. It was a balance... like Yin and Yang

I honestly don't think I've ever seen Mom cuss. Maaybe "chit" like once, but even then.

Dad, on the other hand... :lol2:

But in sports? Let's be real: everyone from the coaches to the players swears like sailors from freshman year of hs onwards. I know you have sons and I'm sure you know.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Nope. Dad was semi blue collar. GS11 working in the Naval Air Rework Facility fixing airplanes. He left for work at 5 AM and got home about 3:30. We ate at 4. No suits/No ties. Mom was a country girl from Chumuckla who worked at the Naval Air Station until my sister was born (I was three). Raised Methodist and we attended a Southern Baptist Church. I don't generally engage in profanity; my mom always said it was a indication of low intellect and low upbringing reflecting badly on the family. I think she was correct.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Dad was semi blue collar. GS11 working in the Naval Air Rework Facility fixing airplanes. He left for work at 5 AM and got home about 3:30. We ate at 4. No suits/No ties. Mom was a country girl from Chumuckla who worked at the Naval Air Station until my sister was born (I was three). Raised Methodist and we attended a Southern Baptist Church. I don't generally engage in profanity; my mom always said it was a indication of low intellect and low upbringing reflecting badly on the family. I think she was correct.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Until I was 12, I thought my name was "son of a b!tch" and my brother to this day still responds to God D@mn it......we never figured out who "what the f #ck" was but figured he lived under the Ford Galaxie in the driveway since dad was always hollering his name whenever he was under there....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All of this with an onion on his belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator