On good note: 2023 Gymnastics starts Friday 6:45 O'Dome

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There is something to feel good about the Gators again! Yes, the second biggest sport on campus kicks off its season Friday night with a quad meet against West Virginia, Ball State and Lindenwood. The #2 Gators have the strongest roster in the nation. It will be a 2 horse race this year against Oklahoma for the title. Florida goes about 8 deep on every event with 9.9+ locks where 6 compete and 5 count. Napier has some serious roster envy here. Given the roster riches Florida has, expect a lot of different line-ups during this first half of the season to protect the athletes.

Newcomers:
Kayla Dicello
Olympic alternate, top recruit in the nation. She should be an all-arounder for UF by end of season

Rachel Baumann
Yes another Baumann, a transfer from Georgia as a super senior, a strong vaulter with Y1.5 and a strong floor with several 10s last year. We should see her in the line-up on these two events, possibly one more.

Victoria Nguyen
Another Georgia transfer, has an elite pedigree but has dealt with injuries her first two years. Given the roster, she will probably be brought along slowly, but expect to see her on bars and beam.

Lori Brubach
A native Floridian, while not as heralded as the previous 3 expect her to be a solid contributor for UF this year. Will probably have a lot of opportunities early in the season

Expected lineups when its all said and done:
Vault:
Trinity Thomas
Leanne Wong
Savannah Schoenherr
Kayla Dicello
Rachel Baumann

Bars:
Trinity Thomas
Leanne Wong
Savannah Schoenherr
Kayla Dicello
Victoria Nguyen
Morgan Hurd

Beam: - The most loaded roster
Trinity Thomas
Leanne Wong
Kayla Dicello
Leah Clapper
Ellie Lazzari
Morgan Hurd

Floor:
Trinity Thomas
Leanne Wong
Kayla Dicello
Rachel Baumann
Morgan Hurd
Sloan Blakely

There will be plenty of opportunity to see the Gators compete on ESPN and SEC this year if you cant make a meet. It will be nice to dominate in a sport again even if it is gymnastics. Gooo Gators!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is something to feel good about the Gators again! Yes, the biggest sport on campus kicks off its season Friday night with a quad meet against West Virginia, Ball State and Lindenwood. The #2 Gators have the strongest roster in the nation. It will be a 2 horse race this year against Oklahoma for the title. Florida goes about 8 deep on every event with 9.9+ locks where 6 compete and 5 count. Napier has some serious roster envy here. Given the roster riches Florida has, expect a lot of different line-ups during this first half of the season to protect the athletes.
FIFY. :facepalm:

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I hope the ladies get some NIL money...they work their pretty tails off in their sport.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve told my story of why I can’t bring myself to watch gymnastics before, so won’t bore you with it again. But that said, these ladies are Gators and I hope they win it all.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’ve told my story of why I can’t bring myself to watch gymnastics before

wait... I don't remember this.
did you not make the team in high school? a little bitter still?
or is it something a little more sinister?

I need to know, nay, we all need to know.

(please don't tell me you had a close relative die in a gymnastics related accident... 'cause I will feel horrible)

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

(please don't tell me you had a close relative die in a gymnastics related accident... 'cause I will feel horrible)
Probably has something to do with a spurned love interest.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Who dies in a gymnastics accident?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I have no time to read that. Were these bars on the edge of a cliff or placed above a shark tank, or something? Seems risky if so.
Lol, no, but pinging off the bar is a pretty serious thing and can result in severe neck injuries.

Here is an example of a bar fall that can give you a sense of danger

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lol, no, but pinging off the bar is a pretty serious thing and can result in severe neck injuries.

Here is an example of a bar fall that can give you a sense of danger

I am actually aware of the dangers that exist in gymnastics, or any other activity that involves hurling yourself through the air while spinning or hanging upside down. I did not expect the conversation to go this far.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I am actually aware of the dangers that exist in gymnastics, or any other activity that involves hurling yourself through the air while spinning or hanging upside down. I did not expect the conversation to go this far.
You know me, I take things quite literally.... hard to know where the joke begins

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You know me, I take things quite literally.... hard to know where the joke begins

Back on topic, a friend of mine used to meet with the UAA often and he saw much of the revenues that private vendors made for each sporting event. As of a few years ago it was gymnastics at 3, behind only football and basketball. The support for these girls is impressive.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
February 17 at LSU. Olivia Dunne. :yum:

olivia-dunne-783114055-1.jpg

1672876861331.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.