Gator Basketball On This Date: April 3, 2006

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You really can't stand being disagreed with. It's going to happen from time to time in life.

Disagreements are what boards are for. I am happy for you or anyone to disagree with me.

What happened here is I disagreed with your no weakness assertion and you respond with snark. So that makes me think you are the one who just just just can not stand disagreement. I assume you are at this moment crying before you keyboard that someone would counter a comment you made.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Disagreements are what boards are for. I am happy for you or anyone to disagree with me.

What happened here is I disagreed with your no weakness assertion and you respond with snark. So that makes me think you are the one who just just just can not stand disagreement. I assume you are at this moment crying before you keyboard that someone would counter a comment you made.
If you can't deal with snark on a message board, then GTFO. I'm tired of your whining about it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I am happy for you or anyone to disagree with me.

Of COURSE you are. That’s because you’re an instigator. Instigators seek out disagreement and conflict to stir the pot. Speaking of pot, I couldn’t help but notice you calling Mr Kettle black. Hilarious.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon, guys, can't we just be sarcastic a$$holes together?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Of COURSE you are. That’s because you’re an instigator. Instigators seek out disagreement and conflict to stir the pot. Speaking of pot, I couldn’t help but notice you calling Mr Kettle black. Hilarious.

Disagreement is one thing and help make for an interesting board. Snark is another thing. Snark does not move the discussion forward. Disagreement, even pretend disagreement as an instigator, moves the discussion forward. Snark is just a form of bullying.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disagreement is one thing and help make for an interesting board. Snark is another thing. Snark does not move the discussion forward. Disagreement, even pretend disagreement as an instigator, moves the discussion forward. Snark is just a form of bullying.
Bullying? Unlike real life, you can change schools in this circumstance. I'm confident you'll avoid permanent brain damage.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I’ve seen snark that was annoying and I’ve seen snark that was hilarious. Not all snark is equal.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The idea that I may have bullied anyone on this message board is a devastating assertion that rocks me to the core. I am mortified and ashamed of my actions, even if they weren't deliberate. I wouldn't ever want to offend a single soul, and if I have, I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
And yet, the talking heads said we weren’t the best team of the tournament before the confetti was done falling. Thankfully, the 04s had a thoughtful and thorough response 365 days later.
During the whole tournament, it was the best time to visit warchant watching multiple meltdowns take place. All the FSU fans cried about how we had the easiest bracket but we actually had to get thru a bad ass Villanova team to get to the Final Four. Sure wasn't anybody's fault but UCONN as they choked an opportunity to play us. Even Joakim Noah was disappointed not to play UCONN. Even if UCONN played UF, the results wouldn't have been different.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I get more than enough adult conversations throughout my day. I find the snark on this board a welcome respite.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We have three issues here. Is Ox an *******? Depends on who you are. Sometime I forget he is just looking for a reaction and I engage.
But I am getting better at more of this :harvey2: and less of this :law: but he mostly has me as this :wag:............Its his ball game and I like it here so I try to play by his rules no matter how arbitrary they seem
Issue two: Did the 04s have a weakness? I guess if Humpty and Green were both 6 5 and quicker we may have lost fewer games but they created real problems for other teams. Green was the perfect PG. Knew when to shoot, when to drive and had the best poker face I ever saw. Lee was a fckn dagger to the heart. He probably has the NCAA tournament record for most threes. He learned how to play excellent def. He was unflappable much like Taurean. The other three guys were the perfect blend of character, passion, team players and skill. They did not play for themselves they played for the team, like the the other two. I remember UT seemed to have their number. This I do know, They won 12 games in a row when the lights came on. They beat whatever stood in their way. I JUST KNEW that big fcker from OSU was gonna be the next great center. We beat him. We beat a bad ass UCLA team with Wooden and Walton there for their coronation. My attitude about sport is look for the hardware. Shallow bench and all they walked the walk.
Issue three: There are some things for gator fans like me that will always get me to fire back. Criticism of SOS, Danny ,Timmy Billy, and the 04s. We have a UF HOF and they are front and center. To me if you wanta diss them you must have a little bit of rival fan in you. And most know I will fire away if you criticize current players much. But argument and debate makes this place FUN, Foolish and funky. You gotta take the bad with the good..........hope this clears it up...........:goon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator