Once again, if you could magically...

What program would you exchange for ours?

• Arkansas

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Auburn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

• Mississippi

• aTm

• Georgia

• Tennessee

• South Carolina

• FSU

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • None, the question is dumb (ham sammich)

Votes: 29 93.5%

• Total voters

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you could magically exchange programs with anyone in the SEC (except Alabama) or FSU today - switching our coaches, current players, current committed recruits, staff, 'facility level,' etc who would you choose? Obviously, the 'facilities level' aspect is tricky, but it is a factor in program strength. It must be a whole-sale switch though, no piecemeal, buffet-style pick and choose. Who would you switch with?

The poll has a limit of 10 teams, so I left out Vandy, Miss State and Alabama. Alabama is clearly the best program in the nation and I don't think it would be interesting to include them as a vast majority would choose them. I included FSU as our rival and annual opponent on the field and in recruiting.

mgc.gif

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
None. We have one of the proudest college football programs in all of the country. Other than Alabama our Football success is next to none in the sec. Also, NO team in the Sec including BAMA has a better location to appeal to recruits. That's not to say we certainly don't need to continue to improve as a program, but the gator brand is next to none and is recognized across the country.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread was embarrassing enough the first time. Try and make your point another way.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread was embarrassing enough the first time. Try and make your point another way.

Why do you assume that I'm trying to make a point? Would you not agree that over the last season, or for that matter the last 4 or 5 seasons, there have been many, many dissatisfied fans on this board (and the previous). Why is it so laughable to ask in whose place they'd rather be? Is it such a crazy leap from dissatisfaction to what program would you be more satisfied with?

Whining about a thread like this is dumb. You don't like it? Don't click or comment. The second time, you knew what it was. Don't click and it falls off the radar. Bunch a babies.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Is your purpose trying to show that no one would pick another program and thus you are trying to ask what is everybody complaining for? As Gator fans we are not going to be satisfied until we put our foot on Saban's neck and make him quit. Got it?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is your purpose trying to show that no one would pick another program and thus you are trying to ask what is everybody complaining for? As Gator fans we are not going to be satisfied until we put our foot on Saban's neck and make him quit. Got it?

Thanks for at least saying what you think I'm doing. I'm trying to sincerely ask if there's something that people would be satisfied with other than surpassing Bama's status. Seems like a reasonable question.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is seriously :facepalm:

The question posed is no different than one posed about a special needs child. Is it a tough ordeal to handle, does the situation frustrate you or even make you want to cry sometimes, do you wish things had turned out differently? Of course yes, yes, and yes. But that doesn't mean you want to trade your child for someone else's kid. You love your child, issues and all.

The fact that you even entertain the thought of wanting to trade our beloved gators for some other team is :barfaway:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The question posed is no different than one posed about a special needs child. Is it a tough ordeal to handle, does the situation frustrate you or even make you want to cry sometimes, do you wish things had turned out differently? Of course yes, yes, and yes. But that doesn't mean you want to trade your child for someone else's kid. You love your child, issues and all.

The fact that you even entertain the thought of wanting to trade our beloved gators for some other team is :barfaway:

:exactly:

I'm a Gator. Always have been, always will be. I don't want to be any other program or root for any other program. I want our Gators to have the best of everything. I don't want to "change" programs to take advantage of anything any other program has. I want the best for my Gators! Best facilities, best coaches, best education. Everything. I want it FOR MY GATORS! Not someone else....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly. Just because you're pissed with the state of the program, doesn't mean you want to turn into a ****ing Nole, Dwag, Vole or other worthless varmint. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb