One coach demands excellence

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Out of our major 3 sports (if you consider baseball “major”) only one demands excellence. Coach O’Sullivan. He’s got that killer instinct and recruits like a maniac. Can’t say the same for football or basketball, and that seems to be okay with Stricklin.

I long for the days where our athletic dept strives to be elite like Bama. But I guess for now I’ll just have to watch with little expectations while we take 10 years to build our 5+ year overdue stand-alone facility.

/rant

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Like banning the Gator Bait chant due to bull**** folklore?

Yeah that **** was lame and dumbbbbbbb as **** and i Don't think that decision was grounded in reality at all.

Don't really understand why that made our basketball or football team suck this year. I don't think we hired mike white or Mullen due to their *wokeness* factor so I fail to see the connection.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Someone needs to get woke to the fact that our Football and Basketball coaches suck so we have zero chance at any championships, and no one gaf about baseball until the CWS, and even then it's more like "yeah, I'll watch a little bit, ohh wait, gotta do some laundry and I wanted to see a couple more episodes of Better Call Saul, I'll check in around the seventh inning."

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Someone needs to get woke to the fact that our Football and Basketball coaches suck so we have zero chance at any championships, and no one gaf about baseball until the CWS, and even then it's more like "yeah, I'll watch a little bit, ohh wait, gotta do some laundry and I wanted to see a couple more episodes of Better Call Saul, I'll check in around the seventh inning."

Well that I can agree with

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah that **** was lame and dumbbbbbbb as **** and i Don't think that decision was grounded in reality at all.

Don't really understand why that made our basketball or football team suck this year. I don't think we hired mike white or Mullen due to their *wokeness* factor so I fail to see the connection.

Instant Karma

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sully sucks. He should have been fired years ago. But, the good thing is he has his best pitcher ready for the next game. Unfortunately he doesn’t know how to work the bases.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Strange how many Florida kids stay home to play baseball, but leave to play football. Just can't figure that one out. Must be the weather.

Because football teams are better elsewhere. Baseball is/was pretty decent in state.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only coach who truly demands excellence at UF is Couch Mouse.... how many NCAA titles does he have under his guidance and how many kids has he sent to the Olympics representing the Orange and Blue.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Regarding excellence in coaching, replace Sully's name with Tim Walton. Sully is a 5 star recruiter but a 2 or 3 star coach.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
A few teams like Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, have put themselves
far out front of the rest of the pack. Their pitch is not education but to prepare jocks
for the next level. The administration of most universities take the opposite view:
To educate young minds for the world that 95% of their students will face once college days are
behind them. Clearly, UF falls in this category. Sports are great. A nice diversion
from the rigors of college life. But to put MNC's ahead of everything else IMHO misses
the aims of the struggling tax payers who put up the money to build these institutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.