One of my pothead friends died today

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cool, old hippy dude who was 66 years young. Always had a smile. Very kind heart.

I guess pot doesn't cure everything after all.

Good vibes to Randy.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear of your loss. Pot didn’t kill him nor did it keep him alive longer. He’s time was up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mods, move to lounge please. Sorry.

He was a good dude, but he was one of those like Corch who believed everything he read about pot healing everything.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mods, move to lounge please. Sorry.

He was a good dude, but he was one of those like Corch who believed everything he read about pot healing everything.

I’m sorry you’ve lost that friend. Life is too short and 66 is young.

I’ve got a brother-in-law who was a national board member for NORML. Same thing: the wondrous properties of marijuana and hemp, the evil government conspiracy to hide all that, etc. For a long time EVERY conversation wound around & back to that. He’s less strident about it now, thankfully. (I’m not pro-pot but I’m not particularly wound up about it.) He’s a great husband, father and lawyer.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Coach never said or believed pot cures everything. But civility and empathy can go a long way in making this Earthly ride an easier journey. And as you near the end of it, you find something for pain or nausea that works the feds should leave people the fck alone when they use it. 66 is too young now. I hope Randy's family is in a good place,like Randy.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Condolences, Donk. It's tough losing a friend. I've learned the value being grateful at times like this to have had that friend in my life.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss, Donkey.
So far :bandit: is working out for me. Pickled since 1981 - if that’s what takes me down, then I get what I deserve. But like your buddy, I’ll go out with a smile on my face.
:bart:
:bart:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Sorry to hear of your loss. Pot didn’t kill him nor did it keep him alive longer. He’s time was up.

You have no idea if this is true. Adding smoke to your Pulmonary system is not a good thing, regardless of the substance.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but he lives on as long as he's remembered..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was a Deadhead for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online