Online sites that offer good deals on good stuff

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thought it might be interesting for people to list some sites they may know where you can find either good stuff cheap or cool and interesting stuff for sale.

I'll start with a place where I was able to find some Costa polarized sunglasses that were generally around $200 in retail stores for $109. It's called Joma Shop and it's been around for a while and is very reputable. They also sell some pretty pricy watches and a few other things too. The watches are usually 2-3 thousand less that you can find anywhere else but I don't get buying a watch for the price of a car. I just go there for the glasses.

https://www.jomashop.com/costa-del-mar-sunglasses.html

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you are military, police, fire, government (maybe even a teacher) a website called:

www.oakleysi.com (oakley standard issue) has great deals on Oakley sunglasses and other tactical stuff.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone ever use an online store for rx glasses/sunglasses?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
meh.com

A deal a day, sometimes you can get really high end stuff for cheap.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

Yes, my wife and I both have used Zenni Optical to get spare pairs of glasses, and inexpensive sunglasses. We have progressive lenses, which are fairly complex, and haven't had any problems with the glasses we've received from them.

Zenni is cheap, and the burden is on you for everything except if Zenni makes an error on the prescription strength. Once you hit submit, you're obligated to accept the glasses as ordered.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My daughter does and likes it. She says it’s easy to return if you don’t like them. I’ll ask her the name and get back.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Yes, my wife and I both have used Zenni Optical to get spare pairs of glasses, and inexpensive sunglasses. We have progressive lenses, which are fairly complex, and haven't had any problems with the glasses we've received from them.

Zenni is cheap, and the burden is on you for everything except if Zenni makes an error on the prescription strength. Once you hit submit, you're obligated to accept the glasses as ordered.

As an ophthalmologist who owned an optical, I could get glasses at wholesale (less than half of discounted retail). I could never get really comfortable with progressives despite the attempts of several really good opticians. I tried Zenni several years ago and was amazed at how comfortable I was with them. Although I got one of their more expensive frames they still fall apart after a few years. I've had several pair from Zenni and have been very happy. My last pair was progressives, high index, transitions, and coating would have retailed for close to $1000. I paid around $250. I'm pretty sure everyone is not as satisfied as I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.